The 'Real' 'Trending' 'Gamer' 2019

basicallilexi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Everything in ' ' was to be read in a comically over the top way.

Who are your 'game journalism' (we can be broad and lenient with the term here) idols? Who do you look up to? Who do you think is producing the best content in different fields? Get specific.Who do you think has the most interesting/nicest/coolest/most different things to say.

For straight up journalism I feel like the default is Jason Schreier (but holy hell that man is a machine and seems to be laser focused on like 10 different industry changing topics and shaping the discussion around them). Danny O'Dywer makes my favorite documentary style videos (I might be biais as an Irish man we don't have too many horses to back in games). 'Trending Gamer' of the decade goes to Brian David Gilbert, who is a magical beautiful boy (so much so that even my sister, who only plays maybe 2 games a year, has started to referring to things as having BDG-Energy when she falls in love with them in a totally platonic way). Other shout outs for video essaying and areas that are less defined have to go to Raycevick, Super Bunnyhop and all of Giant Bomb duders doing cool stuff now(obviously).

BTW encase it wasn't clear this is meant to be a positive post about signal boosting cool people in the industry!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Kim Justice's company retrospectives. Seeing how these 80's software houses thrived, survived and died is great to hear about and not often told.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sushi-X.

Seriously though, it's gotta be Jeff. I admire the hell out of the guy. And yeah, Jason Schreier is amazing. I really want to read his books at some point.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The GB crew.
They've been doing thing for a long time now and sometimes i think we need a reminder of exactly what it is Giant Bomb does.

"Video games are fun, so let's have fun with video games".

I am aware of issues in and around the industry, i do take part in discussions about them, i air my opinions, i watch intelligent videos, i watch dumb videos, but the very core of why i'm into video games is because they're fun, sometimes you need to just smother out all the agendas and controversy and filth and bile, and just play some god damn video games.

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jack Black!