The settings to make Killzone 2 control scheme exactly like COD4!

#1 Posted by LiquidPrince (17073 posts) -

Go to:

1. Options
  2. Control settings
  3. Alternate controls 2
  4. Back to options
  5. Zoom hold on
These will make it play exactly like Call of Duty 4.

#2 Posted by crunchUK (6052 posts) -

o rly

going to be used a lot online then...

#3 Posted by LiquidPrince (17073 posts) -

Also can turn the sensitivity up to make the game not feel so heavy and sluggish. The game is awesome.

#4 Posted by samcotts (2434 posts) -

Yeah, the first thing I did after my first play through was adjust the controls, and Alternate 2 with increased sensitivity is definitely the way to go, for me at least.

I can see myself playing through the demo most days up until the release, I can't get enough of it at the moment.
#5 Posted by get2sammyb (6686 posts) -

I also switched to Alternate 2 and put Zoom Hold to "on" but I didn't tweak the sensitivity. I've grown to love the "lothargic" feel to movement and aiming. It just feels so heavy and "right" once you get used to it.

#6 Posted by LiquidPrince (17073 posts) -
get2sammyb said:
"I also switched to Alternate 2 and put Zoom Hold to "on" but I didn't tweak the sensitivity. I've grown to love the "lothargic" feel to movement and aiming. It just feels so heavy and "right" once you get used to it."
It's okay for aiming, but its hard when your sprinting and need to turn corners.

#7 Posted by LiquidPrince (17073 posts) -

So after 5 play throughs, I can say I'm excited. Very fun demo.

#8 Edited by get2sammyb (6686 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"So after 5 play throughs, I can say I'm excited. Very fun demo."
It seems the common theme here is: one playthrough is "Hmm?"; three playthroughs are "Ahhh!"; five+ playthroughs are "Mmm".
#9 Posted by coakroach (2498 posts) -

Do want.

#10 Posted by Manachild (587 posts) -
get2sammyb said:
"LiquidPrince said:
It seems the commen theme here is: one playthrough is "Hmm?"; three playthroughs are "Ahhh!"; five+ playthroughs are "Mmm"."
since the demo is so short it took me that many playthroughs to sorta absorb what was so good about it. The first playthrough i felt pretty indifferent but by  my third i was pretty damn excited.
#11 Posted by pause422 (6344 posts) -

Its not quite exactly, but its as close as it can get. I would prefer for there to be a way to press the left stick in to crouch instead of L2 though. But thats the best feeling control setup that there is. It mostly feels very natural on it though.

#12 Posted by Manachild (587 posts) -

the only problem i have with the alternate 2 controll setting coupled with zoom hold is if you have to hold l2 to get into cover then you want to pop out and use sights you have to press l1 and 2 at the same time and thats kind of uncomfortable. 

#13 Edited by get2sammyb (6686 posts) -
Manachild said:
"get2sammyb said:
"LiquidPrince said:
It seems the commen theme here is: one playthrough is "Hmm?"; three playthroughs are "Ahhh!"; five+ playthroughs are "Mmm"."
since the demo is so short it took me that many playthroughs to sorta absorb what was so good about it. The first playthrough i felt pretty indifferent but by  my third i was pretty damn excited."
Exactly the same here too. Except it took me seven playthroughs to be like "brilliant".
#14 Edited by pause422 (6344 posts) -

It just mostly feels to me like a prettier Cod4. I don't and won't ever get what some peoples 'OMGSOFUCKINGAMAZING" things quite are, but of course its a definite good game. Being like Cod4 is enough for me to like it for sure and definitely want to play it, just not getting the whole attitude that some people have like its something new that hasn't been seen before. However no one can really try to deny its not going to be a quality game, it would just be ignorant.

I guess how good the multiplayer stacks up will be the real difference between the games. Since its once more a cod4 like multiplayer with ranking and unlocks, and kinda part BF/TF2 with the classes what you can do with them, it sounds very interesting. I honestly wish the demo had some multiplayer instead of that short single player level, though.

#15 Posted by SoothsayerGB (1500 posts) -

Really glad to hear about the control scheme.  I still play CoD 4 and had been wondering if KZ2 would move like it.  Very good news!  

Now give me your demo!

#16 Posted by LiquidPrince (17073 posts) -

I wish you could map crouching to a different button, have a crouching button that sticks.

#17 Edited by Tearhead (2472 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Go to:

1. Options
  2. Control settings
  3. Alternate controls 2
  4. Back to options
  5. Zoom hold on

"
This is true, but it isn't very comfortable for the type of game Killzone 2 is.  It doesn't play the same as CoD 4 and to me, the default buttons are best for Killzone 2.  I DO wish however, that you could map any button you want.
#18 Posted by SpinCookie (749 posts) -
Tearhead said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Go to:

1. Options
  2. Control settings
  3. Alternate controls 2
  4. Back to options
  5. Zoom hold on

"
This is true, but it isn't very comfortable for the type of game Killzone 2 is.  It doesn't play the same as CoD 4 and to me, the default buttons are best for Killzone 2.  I DO wish however, that you could map any button you want."
Yeah these controls work really well until you have to take cover and zoom in at the same time, it makes it a little awkward then.
#19 Posted by JoelTGM (5784 posts) -

Why are the controls awkward like that?  Do the devs not have experience playing first person shooters or something.  Maybe they can patch it.

#20 Edited by SpinCookie (749 posts) -
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"Why are the controls awkward like that?  Do the devs not have experience playing first person shooters or something.  Maybe they can patch it."
It's only awkward cause it's not the default control scheme, they want you to aim and crouch a certain way, making it like COD4 doesn't affect the crouch and cover button, so trying to cover holding L2 and aim pushing L1 becomes weird.
#21 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1229 posts) -

i want this game

#22 Posted by Win (548 posts) -

I'm loving the demo (and have played through it multiple times). But does anyone else notice the glitch where you are behind cover, leaning up and looking through the Sights and when you are out of ammo the game will rapidly switch between Cover and The Sights until you let go and reload? So far this is my biggest problem with the game, but other then that I'm loving it.

#23 Edited by TwoOneFive (9791 posts) -

stop trying to make this game a fucking cod4 clone. its totally not and should be played the way the developers intended. at first i really liked using the alt two controls. but then i decided to give the controls that they made standard a try and it pays off. once you get used to it, the game plays much better. the controls they picked really do feel right. Win said:

"I'm loving the demo (and have played through it multiple times). But does anyone else notice the glitch where you are behind cover, leaning up and looking through the Sights and when you are out of ammo the game will rapidly switch between Cover and The Sights until you let go and reload? So far this is my biggest problem with the game, but other then that I'm loving it."
huh? that is not a glitch at all. 

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
#24 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (751 posts) -

Love the demo, loved the Beta (I did a review in my blog) and I love all the little details in it. I did that, but did not increased the response, as I liked the slower heavier and more realistic feeling of the standard sensitivity. I also turned off everything, that includes the HUD and the Cross Hair. It makes it better imo when I dont have things bothering in the screen. So far, Ive tried lots of stuff to check the performance, and found one graphical effect that I love.

When you see an APC, try shooting at it repeteadly, and you will see that the sparks that jump from the impact, are actually real and remain over the APC as they would in real life.

#25 Posted by Win (548 posts) -
TwoOneFive said:
"stop trying to make this game a fucking cod4 clone. its totally not and should be played the way the developers intended. at first i really liked using the alt two controls. but then i decided to give the controls that they made standard a try and it pays off. once you get used to it, the game plays much better. the controls they picked really do feel right. Win said:
"I'm loving the demo (and have played through it multiple times). But does anyone else notice the glitch where you are behind cover, leaning up and looking through the Sights and when you are out of ammo the game will rapidly switch between Cover and The Sights until you let go and reload? So far this is my biggest problem with the game, but other then that I'm loving it."
"
Perhaps it's not a glitch, but it continues to cycle back and forth through the sights and the cover mode until you let go and starts getting frustrating. The game should ether take you out of your sights and reload automatically or keep the view in the sights and somehow indicate (with a noise or something) you are out of ammo. But I really can't see it jolting back and forth between Sights and Cover as part of the design.
#26 Posted by TwoOneFive (9791 posts) -
Win said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"stop trying to make this game a fucking cod4 clone. its totally not and should be played the way the developers intended. at first i really liked using the alt two controls. but then i decided to give the controls that they made standard a try and it pays off. once you get used to it, the game plays much better. the controls they picked really do feel right. Win said:
"
Perhaps it's not a glitch, but it continues to cycle back and forth through the sights and the cover mode until you let go and starts getting frustrating. The game should ether take you out of your sights and reload automatically or keep the view in the sights and somehow indicate (with a noise or something) you are out of ammo. But I really can't see it jolting back and forth between Sights and Cover as part of the design."
well the game does what you choose and it plays like its really trying to simulate being a real soldier. so if you aiming and run out of bullets, its just going to wait for you to stop aiming and reload. its not COD4 man, its not supposed to twitchy and fast. 
as far as this alt control theme goes, yeah its cool, if you're still hooked on cod4 and would the game become run and gun and unrealistically fast. 
play killzone 2 the way the developers intend for you to do so. the game should be played methodically, tactically, at its own pace and the standard default controls are the best way to go. you don't need to be a fuckin ace in this. as for the online though....yeah use alt 2. 
#27 Posted by berva (127 posts) -

Best Killzone 2 control settings are as follows -

X +1 from normal and Y +4 from normal
also highlight ZOOM HOLD and set Button Mapping to 'Alternate 2'
I found these settings to be a major improvement from default settings.

#28 Posted by TwoOneFive (9791 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Go to:

1. Options
  2. Control settings
  3. Alternate controls 2
  4. Back to options
  5. Zoom hold on

"
not exactly. l2 is still crouch and cover.