The Summer Backlog List: Whatcha Playing?

LongMasterWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By LongMasterWolf

Seems I'm kind of in a game-cation situation (Just moved back home after college, looking for a job) I'm starting to size up what I want to play over the next month and here's what I've got on my list:

1. Final Fantasy VII (PC) - Started it up a couple months ago and would love to finish it again as the last time I finished it I was in Middle School.
  2. Dark Souls - Just downloaded it for the 360 as its the free game for the next two weeks. Never played any of the Souls games so I wanna see what the hype is about.
  3. Bioshock Infinite - Never got around to playing it last year, loved the other two games.
  4. Saints Row 3&4 - Again some other games that the GB crew loves that I haven't touched yet.
  5. If I have time I need to beat AC 3&4. After hearing how disappointing 3 was I decided not to play it, but after hearing how bad ass 4 is I feel compelled to beat both.

What about you guys? Any games you wanna knock out over the summer?

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

After watching the last UPF, I've decided to go back and beat Toe Jam and Earl on Genesis. Like Drew, I've played the hell out of that game (well over a few hundred hours), but have never actually beat it. Since he went back recently to beat it finally, I've decided to do the same. Luckily still have my original copy of the game and my Genesis still works!

Also, thanks for reminding me I still need to finish all the Burial at Sea DLC for Bioshock Infinite. You should definitely check out both Saints Row 3/4 though! Those would be the large must plays in your list.

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

1. Watch Dogs for sure. I'm really loving in spite of what people say.
2. AC 4. Got about half-way through and got distracted with other stuff
3. Dragon's Dogma. I've had this forever and still haven't played more than 3 hours of it. I like it though. I really do.
4. Tomb Raider. Got the PS4 version cause I never played it before and I'm enjoying my time with it so far. Looks really nice.
A lot of old stuff that I never finished for one reason or another too. The original Deus Ex is on that list. I always make these grand plans for cleaning up my backlog and it never pans out.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By pyromagnestir

This summer specifically?

Been playing Psychonauts, hope to get through that, but I lost the momentum on that after a glitch cost me a bit of progress, a boss fight bored me and stretched on too long (though it's partly my own fault for ignoring a certain mechanic, which would have sped up the process), and I reached a point where I couldn't figure out what to do, until I looked up what to do and discovered I'd been doing what I needed, just hitting the wrong button or something. Anyway, all that happening in relatively short order killed my momentum. Might move on to something else for a bit and get back to it.

GTA V is something I've been saying I'd get around to for a while now, but various things kept getting in the way.

In my ever continuing quest to hack away at my Steam backlog, and in particular my bundle purchases backlog, I'd like to knock off a couple games which I picked up in various games bundles. Amnesia Dark Descent, for one, plus whatever else catches my eye.

Summer also seems to be a decent time to dive into an RPG or two. Maybe something older, Ogre Battle 64 or Suikoden 3, or perhaps something a bit more recent, Dragon Age Origins or The Witcher.

If I finish 4 or 5 of the games I mentioned this summer then I'd be satisfied. But for whatever reason, it seems like I always plan to play games all summer then end up not playing games.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I have a list of about 50 games that I've been slowly whittling down, one at a time. On that list, I'm probably most looking forward to Nocturne, FFXII, Gabriel Knight, and The World Ends With You. Since I'm playing them in random order, I don't know what I'll get it exactly.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Bravely Default is currently at the top of my list. I've spent a lot more time than I've probably needed in grinding (gotta get those precious job levels!) but I'm at the end of Chapter 2 and could easily get through Chapter 3 at this point. I'll probably start on that tomorrow night.

Otherwise, I've got a stack of games that I'm waiting to at least try out when I finally get my vacation at the end of June. This pile includes:

• Deception IV: Blood Ties
  • BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
  • The Guided Fate Paradox
  • Drakengard 3
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle
  • Conception II
  • Toukiden
  • Mind 0

I don't expect to finish all of them during my vacation, of course. But work has wrung me so dry at this point that I would like nothing more than to just spend two weeks in my home and doing nothing but playing as many games as I can.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Well I want to knock the PC versions of GTA IV and Dark Souls before GFWL dies

but I did just get Lightning Returns....

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@hailinel said:

Bravely Default is currently at the top of my list. I've spent a lot more time than I've probably needed in grinding (gotta get those precious job levels!) but I'm at the end of Chapter 2 and could easily get through Chapter 3 at this point. I'll probably start on that tomorrow night.

A lot of the endgame fights are really really fucking hard. Out of my total 92 hours with Bravely Default, I spent 11 of those hours wiping to hard fights.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hailinel
@slag said:

Do it!

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The stuff I want to get done in June?

• Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen
  • Dark Souls
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall

Beyond?

• Persona 2, 3, 4
  • Skyrim
  • SomuchI'msobehindI'mnevergoingtocatchup
Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Well, I've had my eye on these games. I know I won't finish all of them, but I'd like to get to at least get to a couple of them. (I actually just beat Far Cry 3.)

• Sleeping Dogs
  • Fez
  • Amnesia A machine for pigs
  • Half Life 2 Ep. 1 and 2
  • Ac 4 black flag
  • Dark Souls 2
  • Tales of Xillia

There's also a few Jrpgs I'd like to finally finish, given I'm either right at the end of the game or in the final dozen hours or so.

• Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Final Fantasy 13
  • Tales of Legendia
  • Pokemon X
Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'm playing through Final Fantasy VI for the first time now. After that, I need to finish Saints Row IV. And then I don't know what. Escape From Butcher Bay and The Stanley Parable are on my mind.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

XBL free games has helped a lot. With Saints Row 3 coming soon, I'm not sure if I'm gonna bother finishing Sleeping Dogs.

Past that my list is Bioshock Infinite, Viewtiful Joe 1/2 and FF10(replay; I came for the game but stayed for the blitzball) and FF12. Also want to replay alan wake and periodically whittle down Telltale Walking Dead episodes.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NTM

Ehhh... Of the games I have, I guess Thief? Though, I honestly don't care to finish it. It's extremely dull, to the extent it literally makes me tired after playing it for a little while. That's about it, otherwise I finish all the games I get, and I get all the games I'm interested in.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've currently got on my little list to play (most of these have come from Games on Gold);

• The Walking Dead Season 2
  • AC4 Black Flag (I've got about halfway through, need to finish it)
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • Vanquish
  • Sleepy Dawgs
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail
  • Iron Brigade (Is there any point playing this now or is it just multiplayer?)
  • Dead Island
  • Hitman Absolution

Would also love to be playing Transistor, but the lack of a PS4 does hamper that somewhat. Also, does anyone know if the last-gen version of Wolfenstein is any good?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Jeust
  1. The Last of Us
  2. Alan Wake
  3. Resident Evil Revelations
  4. Dead Rising 2 Off Record
  5. Binary Domain
  6. Alone in the Dark: Inferno

Last of Us and Alan Wake have become my go to games.

Avatar image for monstersarehere
monstersarehere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something like a June bucket list? Cool... here is mine:

1. Last of Us for a second time cause I miss it like hell
  2. Tex Murphy to remember my childhood
  3. Swapper, left it at 75%, it's a pity
  4. Candy Crush Saga.... just kidding =)
VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Lego The Hobbit
  2. Saints Row 4

I'm not that far behind, but when I finish those two I will start Watch Dogs

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#19  Edited By Kidavenger

It's going to take me a lot longer than a summer to get through these, but I think I'm going to start RDR tonight.

For shame

1. Red Dead Redemption
Didn't really like gta4, not sure why I even bought this.
2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
Preordered, never played...
3. BioShock
thought infinite was great, still haven't bother to go back to this though, or 2...
4. God of War III
I've never played a god of war game at all, need to make time for this.
5. Bayonetta
6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
I actually bought this twice, still no desire to play it
7. Dragon Age II
Preordered, played say first hour of this game 5 times, couldn't get into it, maybe it's been long enough now that I should give it another shot...
8. Final Fantasy XIII
I have 13-2 and 13-3, I need to give these games some love
9. Borderlands 2
I have all dlc to and the first game, never touched any of it...
10. Dead Space
I bought all three games never played any of them
11. Fallout: New Vegas
I like obsidian games, not sure why I never even booted this one up
12. Far Cry 3
Not big on shooters but this one seemed really interesting, not sure why I never tried it even
13. Xenoblade Chronicles
When the price of this game started climbing and I hadn't even opened my copy I started thinking about selling it, but I never did.
14. Dishonored
15. Super Mario 3D World
16. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
17. The Last Story
18. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
19. Tearaway
20. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
21. Metroid: Other M
nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

• Transistor
  • AC3
  • System Shock 1 & 2
  • Persona 3 FES (played Portable but want to play this version)
  • Persona 4 (replay before 5's release)
  • Persona 4 Arena
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Witcher 1 & 2
riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#21  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

This can't really be a full list since it would be endless but here is a list of newish games that'll I'll most likely finish over summer.

1. Mario Kart 8 - I'll eventually get all golds in 150cc.

2. NES Remix 2 - This didn't grab me when it first came out but I figured I should at least finish all the levels once.

3. Zelda Wind Waker HD - I've never actually finished WW before so now seems like the best time to do it.

4. Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection - I've always wanted to play a idol sim and this is the best we've gotten so far unfortunately.

5. Saints Row 4 - Spent to much time collecting stuff while never actually finishing the story.

6. PS plus - Ah yes the neverending list of games I might eventually play.

7. Transistor - I bought it but never got around to actually playing it yet.

sami180194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sami180194

Ah man! There's a vast swath of games on my list. I've got two finals this week so I've been busy studying, but, once they're over, I'll hopefully get through most of these games:

• Mass Effect 1-3
  • Watch Dogs - finished Act 1 last time I got a chance to play. Really enjoyed it. Will hopefully finish this by the end of the week
  • Infamous: Second Son - need to finish my second play through as a villain
  • Skyrim
  • Civ 5
  • Transistor
  • Half Life 1 and 2

+ a load more that'll spring to mind at various points throughout the week!

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By C0V3RT

I eventually just had to wipe my "pile of shame" and come to terms with I wouldn't ever play most of what's on it. My immediate list of what I intend on playing is.

1 - Watch Dogs - I'm at like 13% completion. I love the word, I just find myself doing all the side optional stuff first.

2 - Transistor - I bought it on the PC then heard it was broke. I should loop back around.

3 - The Walking Dead: Season 2 - I had to go back and replay Season 1 since my save file was lost on my old PC.

4 - Persona 4 Golden - A huge reason I bought the Vita.

5 - Wildstar - I need to pick it up still, but all my friends that were going to buy it bailed on it and don't feel like playing alone.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidavenger: Duder, have to ask why you buy so many games that you don't play? Also, do yourself a favor and play Fallout: New Vegas. You said you like Obsidian games. That is the Obsidian game to play imo. New Vegas is easily my favorite game of last generation; hands-down no question.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

@pimblycharles: Most I bought on sale for $5-$10 or were gifts; there are a few that I paid full pop for, I don't do that anymore, too many games not enough time.

LongMasterWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LongMasterWolf

I've been re listening to all of the GOTY bombcasts from years past (They are perfect to listen to while packing/moving) and I definitely need to add some games to my list:

1. Journey
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. Hotline Miami
  4. Dead Space 2.
Avatar image for tabloidfootprints
Tabloidfootprints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently playing through Deus Ex: Human Revolution (which I'm tempted to just drop). After that I think I might finally dive into Persona 4 which seems like it will eat up a ton of time, but if I do ever finish it I will probably start working on my backlog (Bioshock, The Witcher, Mass Effect) or start playing whatever I pick up from the presumably upcoming Steam sale.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I've recently gotten back into Dragon Quest 8 but it's been hard. I'm underleveled for where I'm at and the amount of experience you need to level in that game is insane but I'm trying to get through it. I also plan on going back to Persona 3 eventually as well.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Wonderful 101

2. The Last of Us (my girlfriend wants to watch me play, but is never in the mood to actually sit down and watch)

3. Watch dogs

4. Saints Row IV

5. I finally got around to picking up Link Between Worlds. This is probably the only one I'll end up finishing.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

I have plenty of games to finish, but I guess my priorities are:

1. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch I'm up against a particularly nasty boss. Need to level up, maybe train some better familiars.
  2. Final Fantasy XIII But instead of doing that, I started playing this niche PS3 JRPG. But I will try to make sure both get done. No more RPGs until they're both finished.
  3. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Triforce questzzzzzzz.
  4. BioShock I used up all my auto-hack tools before I realized it's a consumable item. I'm still pretty early in the game, so I might just restart and try not to make the same mistakes I made the first time.
  5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim I said no more RPGs until Ni no Kuni and Final Fantasy XIII are both finished!

And of the games I own but haven't played yet, these are what I want to tackle this summer:

1. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles One of my favourite GameCube games, plus the Wii sequel that apparently sucks. I hope the original holds up at least.
  2. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix Never played this series before, but looking forward to it.
  3. Mass Effect Trilogy Expect me to have opinions where opinions are expected.
  4. Valkyria Chronicles Sega seems to have forgotten this series exists. I'll try not to.
  5. LEGO Friends For science.
frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout New Vegas because I ran into a game breaking bug and had to restart (a game breaking bug in Fallout New Vegas!? weird right!?) but lost interest after replaying the same quests again.

Dark Souls 2, I realized I was at the last boss and got so bummed out that the game was over already that I just haven't gone back to it.

Ni No Kuni. 10 hours in the grinding kind of started to bother me so I just kind of stopped but still intend to go back to it.

Skyrim. I did about half of the main questline but got distracted by side missions, which are always the best thing about Elder Scrolls/Fallout games, I played 60+ hours and never got around to actually finishing it.

Sleepy Dawgs! I loved it but never managed to finish it for some reason.

Majora's Mask. One of my top 3 Zelda games, and OoT doesn't even make it on there but I've never finished MM.

Any Mega Man game without save states.

Halo 2. A terrible autosave fucked me over and I was so pissed that I didn't even bother to reload the chapter and carry on. The only Halo game that I've never completed.

Assassins Creed 4. i was kind of bummed out with the series so I just rented AC:4 for a weekend and obviously didn't have enough time to finish it but I actually really enjoyed it so I will definitely get around to it again sometime.

Probably Super Mario Bros. 2 The Lost Levels? I don't remember ever actually beating it as a kid, although it is notoriously hard.

Speaking of SMB:2 I've always regretted not beating the Bandage Girl stages of Super Meat Boy, I A+'d all of the Dark World levels and "The End" but never quite mastered the Bandage Girl levels

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm not really the knock out games kinda guy, but I guess I should finally start playing AC4...and probably try Watch Dogs since I got that for free! I'm sure I will be playing some of my favorites like Skyrim and Civ too.

SneakyJB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have sort of given up on completely finishing my backlog. Namely because I no longer have many of the systems necessary to play the games. I'm sort of focusing on my PS4 for the summer apart from a few indie titles on PC.

1. Watch Dogs

2. Thief: I know it's been poorly received but as a long-time Thief fan I am at least interested to play through it.

3. Infamous: Second Son

4. Mortal Kombat 9: Already bet it several times and played way too much multiplayer but I am thinking about logging some series hours into this over the summer. I'm pretty pumped about the MKX announcement.

crimsinf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm looking to make it through Watch Dogs, Infamous Second Son (which I'm already 60% through), Transistor, and Super Time Force. Hopefully that's doable by the end of July. If I somehow end up finishing these with time to spare, I'm gonna go for Assassin's Creed IV. Gotta get everything in before I spend most of August and September traveling and then new games come out.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I played through Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 over the past few weeks, so Lightning Returns is pretty much the only game on my list right now.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

@hailinel said:
@slag said:

Do it!

I know!

But if I don't stay strong and finish GTA IV now, I may never get a another chance, it's already acting funky and wiped 4 hours of progress I had. :(... Stupid Rockstar why did they have to use Game for Windows Live?

Dark Souls: PtD isn't behaving much better either.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag said:

@hailinel said:
@slag said:

Do it!

I know!

But if I don't stay strong and finish GTA IV now, I may never get a another chance, it's already acting funky and wiped 4 hours of progress I had. :(... Stupid Rockstar why did they have to use Game for Windows Live?

Dark Souls: PtD isn't behaving much better either.

Good luck with those, then!

Though maybe your troubles are fate trying to tell you something... :P

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've got like 100 games on my backlog. Ni No Kuni is probably at the top of my list right now.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

I'm currently playing through Final Fantasy XIII, and after that I intend to use my new PS3 to beat Demon's Souls and MGS4, both of which I've already put a little time into and can confirm are Souls and Metal Gear games respectively.

After those? Hmmmm... I don't hate FFXIII (but I do hate myself), so its sequels aren't off the table. I also have the X/X2 HD collection if I really want to oversaturate my life with Final Fantasy. Besides that, I'd like to maybe replay Dragon Age and Dragon Age 2 in preparation for the sequel, possibly polish off King's Bounty: Warriors of the North or even Metal Gear Rising. Oh, and I guess Divinity Original Sin comes out this month. That too.

Keirgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Keirgo

There are more than I would like on my own list, and with a new job, I now have less time to play than ever, but I intend to get to these... eventually.

First off is Fallout New Vegas, really liked that game, more than Fallout 3 actually, yet after getting three characters fairly high level, I have just never managed to finish it. Every time, something or other would keep me from completing the main story, so I would leave it for a few months or more. But afterwards, instead of picking up where I left it, I would simply start a new character each time. This summer though, I will finish it, maybe.

On a similar note, there is Mass Effect 2. Three characters, all different classes and reputations, only ever finished one of them, yet I still want to do the other two and move on to Mass Effect 3, but who knows how long that will take me, not exactly short games.

Then there are the games I bought through Steam sales. Games I have always wanted to play, but perhaps were never at the top of my priority list. Those include, for starters, Brutal Legend, played the demo on 360 years ago but never got it until the PC version came out. A year+ later, I have yet to even install it, something always comes up, you know.

Same thing with Alan Wake's American Nightmare, got it along with the first game and all the DLC for less than $8 on a Steam sale, and I have yet to install that one too. More recently I bought Saints Row IV and Metro Last Light, same thing here, need to finish one and install the other. I have a good excuse this time though, waiting to get a new graphics card, then I will surely play them, and finish them, hopefully, if all goes well of course.

There you go, my "list", haha.

(sorry for my long ramble. :D )

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By wallee321

Next, couple of weeks: Transistor, Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, Second Son.

Before August: Far Cry 3, Dragon Age, Witcher 2, and Dishonored.

Of course, I have many others, but these are the priorities.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that I finished the Star Trek game in co-op with my friend (game is not great, but my friend and I tend to get some enjoyment out of even the bad games as we shit talk the game itself or talk about nonsense.) I can now devote more time to Fallout: New Vegas. I never beat any of the DLC's for it save Dead Money, so I'll do the Mr.House and Caesar story-lines, finish all the DLC's and any other miscellany loose ends in the game before I call the game good. Just like Fallout 3 though, I'll get a hankering to probably play it again in about a year or so despite doing everything, the Fallout games are something I tend to come back to once a year or so, might do a Fallout 1 and 2 run-through in the future too, since it has been awhile.

Other then that, I tend to play things by ear and whatever I'm in the mood for. I think after New Vegas I think I'll crack open my XBone copy of Watch Dogs, after that I'm not sure. I have a lot of games to choose from, I'll probably take a look at the shelf and see what grabs me.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hit a game dry spell so i dont think i'll end up playing through anything.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By crithon

Resident Evil 1 and Final Fantasy 7 on ps3. My sister's husband is a lapsed gamer, I was thinking of letting him barrow all the Zelda games since A Link to the Past and Metroid Prime series and then show him some cool beat em ups like Punisher and Capcom Dungeons and Dragons games he probably never seen before. But he's asking me about Starcraft, so I might be getting SC2, which I also missed.

It's fun being that gateway gamer guy to a family member.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By bluefish

I made a big backlog list and have been munching through it all year (despite distractions like Halo 4 multiplayer and Transistor)

Just finished Guacamelee (and really liked it) and just started Vanquish and Bayonetta for 4th time each (because them games are RAAD)

@tabloidfootprints Stick with Deus Ex! It's so damn good. It grinds a tiny bit here and there but it's so very, very worth it. The ending is brief, but (if you've been paying attention to the differing perspectives the game offers up) it's a really vexing final moment.

They asked you to make a call at the end and I literally sat there for about ten minutes mulling it over. Great game, don't give up.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Just picked up DmC and I'm really enjoying it. I'm a fan of the Devil May Cry series, I even loved 4 and played it a ton, and I'm really digging this one. 30 FPS was a bit of a bother at first, but I've adjusted. The biggest issue for is that the weapons don't feel unique to each other; so far all the weapons feel similar. Rebellion and the angel weapon feel like they have the same move set, as do the demon weapon and the fists, and overall it doesn't feel like there's as much ridiculous potential for combos that there was in 3 and 4, but it's honestly a great time and it doesn't hurt it too much for me. I'm still pulling off some fun, sick looking combos so I'm satisfied. I was never those guys doing youtube DMC3 combos anyway.

I also don't think I've ever seen a game manipulate the environment like DmC, the way the environment morphs, breaks and bends is stunning to look at and I can't get enough. It's like watching environments get chopped and screwed.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

I'm currently juggling between a few new games like Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein, but my summer goal is to play through all of the main installments of Resident Evil. I own all of the games, and have played all of them, but I've only beat 4 and 5.

logfella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By logfella

In no real order...

• Ni no Kuni: The game started dragging on a bit, but I've put too many hours into it to never finish it. Also I really need to see one of my lemur familiars evolve into the infinitely cooler last super lemur evolution. Also, that pirate guy is really lame.
  • Legend of Grimrock: Really liked the game, and got pretty close to finishing it I think, but school started up and I just haven't touched it since.
  • Mirror's Edge: Played maybe a half hour of it. Liked it, but forgot about it until now. Should probably give it another shot.
  • Torchlight II: Cool game, but I can only play these types of games for so long before I get sick of them for a while.
  • Psychonauts and Brutal Legend: I always have fun when I play these games, but go months in between playing them. Not sure why. Summer will end this.
  • McPixel
  • Runner 2: Almost finished with it. Just need to finish off the last world.
  • Bastion: Realized the game was almost over, got sad, and haven't touched it in over a year. Should probably get it over with.
  • Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures: I just realized that I own this game. Maybe I should install it.
  • Borderlands 2: I have to get through this Tiny Tina part that I'm not crazy about.
  • Dark Souls: Stupid Smough and Ornstein with their stupid stupid. One day.