The time I met Phil Spencer

Skudd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I can't really go in to detail on why we met because the plans ultimately fell through but I have no problem telling the story of when we met.

For starters, in our meeting he was barely paying attention to me when I spoke. He kept opening a drawer he had on his side of the desk. He'd open and shut the drawer a few times as if he was trying to surprise whatever was in there. Then he'd pull it open a bit further and make a face like he smelled something disgusting. He'd occasionally glance and me and sort of nod and laugh like he was agreeing with me, but he had no fucking clue and wasn't paying attention.

After a few minutes of me talking and him seemingly barely aware of my presence he obviously got fed up and wanted me to leave. He started holding his stomach and groaning like there was something seriously wrong with him. I asked if I should get help and he just kept moaning.

I left to get help from somebody outside and was quickly approached by his secretary. She was obviously used to this because she started bringing directly towards the elevator and telling me that "Mr Spencer had a really nice time thank you so much for the gift" but I didn't even bring a gift so I don't know what that was about.

When I got to my car all of the air had been let out of the tires.

For a few days after our meeting Phil kept sending me emails that were just an emoji of a guy shrugging but I think he got bored of that because he stopped.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

?????????????

someoneproud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha that's priceless, I can really picture the whole thing. This is absolute gold and I'm gonna choose to believe it's 100% true.

automatontribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahahaha, thanks for this.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Phil.

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By thesquarepear

I know Matt Kessler works for Sony but does he have to make it personal?

For all we know he could have had wallet soup in that drawer. Seems like a story that would fit Don Mattrick better but it sure was an entertaining read.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rahf

Cool story, bro.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Well, that's a pretty baffling piece of fan fiction.

Skudd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesquarepear: I have met Don Mattrick but this is a family website and the story isn't appropriate.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Humanity

@csl316: at least it’s not as bad as the one where Jeff eats Ryan (or vice versa I forgot)

dgtlty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...and then you woke up?

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not what I expected but fair enough. I thought it would have a redemption arc at the end there after the elevator ride.

pearsonpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What

andrewf87462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh? I mean...................eh?

doombot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Let's not kink shame our vore bretheren.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 17

lol... you had me going up to about the third paragraph

MonkeyKing1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I meet some video game luminaries like David Perry, John Romero, Will Wright, Warren Spector and Professor Henry Jenkins III at MIT in Boston. It was the worlds smallest Game Developer Conference event that I have ever been too. It was interesting time because at that time there were a dozens video game developer in the Boston area. Moreover, this was a time when PS2 was expected in a year and Dreamcast was coming.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rahf

@monkeyking1969 said:

I meet some video game luminaries like David Perry, John Romero, Will Wright, Warren Spector and Professor Henry Jenkins III at MIT in Boston. It was the worlds smallest Game Developer Conference event that I have ever been too. It was interesting time because at that time there were a dozens video game developer in the Boston area. Moreover, this was a time when PS2 was expected in a year and Dreamcast was coming.

Needless to say, it was a more innocent time as a gamer. The darkness of these men previously listed not yet discovered by the public at large.

Was I happy before meeting them? Yes.

Were they about to take me on the strangest ride of my life? Absolutely.

People think Willy Wonka was a fictional character. They never knew fiction sprung from reality, and that Willy Wonka's weirdness was simply a thimble's worth of inspiration from mr. Willy Wright. An all too real facet of his lunacy, yet just a hint after going through the gentility of mr. H.C.

It was one Boston week. For Willy Wright and his crew, it was just another short blink of entertainment.

For me, it was eternity.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I shared a cab with Jack Trenton about 12 years ago. After I recognized him, I said I was a big fan of his stage work during Sony's press conferences. He offered a hand shake that went on about 15 seconds too long. The entire time he shook my hand he maintained eye contact and had a very wide smile. The rest of the ride he was pretty quiet.

As we got to his destination he asked if I wanted to see something. He slowly leaned towards me, pulled his hand out of his jacket pocket and pulled out what looked like a .38 snub nose revolver. He quickly put it back in his pocket, started laughing, and got out of the car. He quickly gave the cab driver what looked like two one-hundred dollar bills, and walked into a bar that we stopped outside of.

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Real talk this would make a great I Think You Should Leave sketch.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when did he breast feed your nephew?

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully: I loved this. Also does anyone know Trenton's whereabouts during the Zodiac Man killings. That snub nose 38 sounds like it might have some stories to tell.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I saw Don Mattrick at a grocery store in Los Angeles last year. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skudd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Skudd

@north6: Do me a favor and check the edit on that Reddit post. Thanks!

simmant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By simmant
north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers