The Unofficial Giant Bomb Game of the Year Database

• 79 results
Curufinwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

It also needs the site's overall top 10 for each year in list form.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bumping this to see if someone wants to pick up the reins on this one. It would be a shame to see all this good work go to waste.

chode-talker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By Superkenon

@chode-talker: Thanks for the catch! I've fixed it in the main post.

This has been a crazy year for me, so I've been doing a plain bad job keeping up with any personal projects... including ever getting around to filling out 2016's Guest Top Tens. Whoops. I'll see if I can't rally myself and get that hot mess updated soon™. Apologies to any duders who've been inconvenienced by their omission!

In the meantime, I'm going to at least try to update 2017's listing live (while I've got some off time) before it gets all huge and out-of-hand. You can see its skeleton already!

Cheers and Happy Holidays, Duders! We've all made it another year! Go us!

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Superkenon

Just to update, I have in fact edited the main post to include all 2016 articles, and I've even got all of 2017's stuff cataloged! How uncharacteristically prompt of me!

I haven't had time to listen to all the GOTY 2017 stuff yet, so for once I'll be using my own thread to progress through everything. Here goes!

ShaggsMagoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@superkenon: hey man, I noticed you were missing the 2008 top 10 lists, I’m on my IPad so I can’t make the links look fancy, but here they are.

Jeff: https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/jeff/blog/jeffs-top-10-of-2008/18455/

Brad: https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/brad/blog/brads-top-10-games-2008/18479/

Ryan: https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/ryan/blog/ryans-top-10-games-of-2008/18454/

Vinny: https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/vinny/blog/vinnys-top-ten-of-2008/18522/

Dave: https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/snide/blog/snides-year-in-review/17030/

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@400lb_gorilla: Wow, thanks so much! I remember looking for these when I first made this list, back-whenever-ago, but they didn't turn up. I started to wonder if I merely imagined their existence entirely...!!

Added to the main post!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Bumping this for folks who, like me, love to wax nostalgic in a history of others' suffering.

Shoutout to @superkenon for having added 2017.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wow! This is the first time I've seen this and I've been using this site for years! Totally helpful. Bookmarked. Thank you for your work, dude! Anyway, I'll take this opportunity to harp on about the site's redesign and that Game of the Year lists and features should be put in one separate tab on the upper bar(besides Words). They put a lot of effort in making these yearly so it's quite baffling to have to dig deeper than necessary to see their best work.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Superkenon

@redcream: @inevpatoria: Thanks, duders!

I managed to get off my butt and update the main post with the 2018 stuff. I haven't actually had time to watch almost any of this year's stuff yet, but it should all be there. I pretty much just went through the article/show lists and copied everything I saw that was GOTY-related. I saw a lot of guest lists I'm excited to read through!

Here's to 2019!

joshrholloway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@superkenon Your 2016 Day Five audio link actually goes to Day Four! Great work on this, it's something I reference all the time.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshrholloway: Thank you! And thanks for the catch. That's fixed now! Glad this has been useful to you.

Going back and fixing that, I gotta give props to the site designers for not breaking any old links despite how much changed in the last big update. The earliest links in this thread were made in 2013, and going back to content in 2008. And it all still works! Huzzah!

IronOctopus89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hey Duders! Any chance someone has already put in the time and effort to have timestamps for each podcast for when each category begins? Just curious as I would love to go back and hear the Best/Worst/Most Disappointing/Hottest Mess categories, but maybe not some of the more year/game specific categories, a la Best Overwatch Character. Thanks!

ItsAhMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what are todays deliberations for? nothing? just talking about what came out?

ruken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for organizing all of this!

big2una

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man...those recap videos from 2012 are awesome! Definitely my favorite year.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another year, another update! I went ahead and added 2019's links to the main post. Since the formatting of the tables apparently broke at some point -- and didn't look good on a lot of resolutions anyway -- I converted everything back to a more linear list, separated by year with spoiler tags. I might tweak with it a bit more, but for now I think it's the best way to walk the line between readability and brevity.

Happy New Decade, y'all! Splendiferous 2020!

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is ZODIAC MF gonna be on the guest list this year? I need to know

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: We shall soon find out!

Thought I'd pop in for my yearly bump. I'll be updating the list roughly every day as the features roll out just to keep it easy. I'll also point out the site's nice, clean pseudo-secret offical page that puts everything in a nice grid view, images and all!

Happy New Decade, y'all! Splendiferous 2020!

Well, that didn't age great! Good luck to us in 2021?!

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for maintaining this, it's proven quite handy several times lately.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Links updated for 2020, including a couple supplemental items. Please let me know if I missed something related to GOTY!

Thank you for this! I used this collection to help grab all of the staff GOTY list that I could, and use those as a basis to determine the ACTUAL game of the year for every year.

Okay, this is amazing. Huge kudos for breaking all of this down; I love it, lol. If you're cool with it, might I toss this link up in the main post somewhere? This is a fantastic way to glance at what each year was like.

(Regardless, count me as one person who'd be down to see you update it for next year too!!!)

@brad said:

Thanks for maintaining this, it's proven quite handy several times lately.

This makes my day to hear. I'm glad this has been of practical use!

Appreciate all y'all. Thanks for keeping me entertained for over a decade straight now, lol. <>

xpsync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agree with everyone, keep this going, and TY!

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Superkenon

New year, still here! Thought I'd drop in for my annual bump. Did I miss anything big? Nahhh, surely not...

I'm gonna do my best to update the list with 2021's GotY as the articles drop this week, just to keep the list nice and cohesive. (Though their official index page is nicer to use!)

In the meantime, if anyone wants to take a convenient look at yesteryear, it's all there in the first post! Seek out your favorite year! Relive some memories! Pick a random one! Hell, Jimmy, I don't know what you do with this list! I'm just here to keep it up!

Here's to our health and well-being in 2022! Wishing all y'all the best.

swordstruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for keeping this updated!