Southgrove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Southgrove
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" I got it...Fuckin' Spore!  They just came out with the Spore Galactic Adventures as well. I have all of it. "

Found the center of the galaxy allready, can't be bothered with galactic adventures.. =P
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ninjakiller

WoW....you can never be "done".

TheSovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By TheSovereign

Killing Floor or Neo Tokyo (free HL2 mod)

Sick_J0ke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By Sick_J0ke
@Southgrove: Titan Quest?
Southgrove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Southgrove
@ninjakiller said:
" WoW....you can never be "done". "
Depends on what I meant by it. =)

@TheSovereign said:
" Killing Floor or Neo Tokyo (free HL2 mod) "

Will check 'em out.

@Sick_J0ke said:
" @Southgrove: Titan Quest? "

Tried it out, went 'meh, bad diablo clone' and shut it off.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By jNerd
@ninjakiller said:
" WoW....you can never be "done". "
Unfortunatley.....
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By Snail

GO TO SLEEP!

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By evanbrau
@Southgrove:  You said you played Baldurs Gate but did you play the sequel its and its expansion (quasi sequel really) they are probably the best gaming I've ever had. Freespace 2 is amazing and availiable on GOG it also has a huge group of people working on its source code too improve the graphics and such. Also how am I the first to Deus Ex, am I that old...

All in all the PC probably has the best selection of games out of any platform and unless you have Vista everything should be reasonably easy to get working especially with something like DOS box. I could honest reccomend games all night for the PC.
some1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By some1

I'll just go through my steam folder then

GRID

Darwinia

Red Orchestra (Darkest Hour mod is brilliant)

CoH series

Dark Messiah

Day of Defeat and all the other valve games

Rainbow Six 3 and expansion

Zeno Clash

Uplink

Cogs is fun

The Witcher (it is a good game)

Theres also a load of source mods out there like PVKII, Battlegrounds 2, Dear Esther (short but sweet), Eternal Silence, Empires, Insurgency and Fistful of Frags to name a few

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By KillaMaStA

Start playing ArmA II professionally.....  0.o

It will take you a year to understand the controls so you wont be bored.

Southgrove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Southgrove
@evanbrau said:
" @Southgrove:  You said you played Baldurs Gate but did you play the sequel its and its expansion (quasi sequel really) they are probably the best gaming I've ever had. Freespace 2 is amazing and availiable on GOG it also has a huge group of people working on its source code too improve the graphics and such. Also how am I the first to Deus Ex, am I that old...All in all the PC probably has the best selection of games out of any platform and unless you have Vista everything should be reasonably easy to get working especially with something like DOS box. I could honest reccomend games all night for the PC. "

Heh, yes. Weird that noone has mentioned Deus Ex. Awesome game though. Baldurs gate and all that is just too old, can't get into games that old nowadays. Really kills immersion, sadly.

@some1 said:
"

I'll just go through my steam folder then

GRID

Darwinia

Red Orchestra (Darkest Hour mod is brilliant)

CoH series

Dark Messiah

Day of Defeat and all the other valve games

Rainbow Six 3 and expansion

Zeno Clash

Uplink

Cogs is fun

The Witcher (it is a good game)

Theres also a load of source mods out there like PVKII, Battlegrounds 2, Dear Esther (short but sweet), Eternal Silence, Empires, Insurgency and Fistful of Frags to name a few

"

GRiD, good game =)
Darwinia, good too (just finished writing an analysis of it:)
Red Orchestra, looks good but I'm not feeling like online hysteria atm.
CoH, good stuff
Dark Messiah, surprisingly good
DoD, meh ww2
Rainbow 6, not my cup of tea
Zeno Clash, crazy ass game, still sort of good though
Uplink, classic
Cogs?
Witcher, iffy game i think

Southgrove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Southgrove
@KillaMaStA said:
" Start playing ArmA II professionally.....  0.o It will take you a year to understand the controls so you wont be bored. "
Would be fun, but I don't have the time to get into games like that anymore. =/
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Southgrove said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" I got it...Fuckin' Spore!  They just came out with the Spore Galactic Adventures as well. I have all of it. "
Found the center of the galaxy allready, can't be bothered with galactic adventures.. =P "
Do you have the achievements?  Send me the link.

Galactic Adventures is only $30.

Southgrove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Southgrove
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Southgrove said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
Found the center of the galaxy allready, can't be bothered with galactic adventures.. =P "
Do you have the achievements?  Send me the link.Galactic Adventures is only $30. "

Must've played it offline. =/ Don't have any achievements registered.. bah

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#65  Edited By birchman

Play eRepublik!

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Southgrove said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Southgrove said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
Do you have the achievements?  Send me the link.Galactic Adventures is only $30. "
Must've played it offline. =/ Don't have any achievements registered.. bah "
That's impossible, which means you must have had a pirated copy. That's too bad because for someone aiming to be an achievement whore you won't be able to add your Spore achievements when it's added to GB.
lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By lucas_kelly

STALKER, Mass Effect, Red Alert 3, L4D.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Seedofpower

Go outside?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MrKlorox
@Potter9156 said:
Arcanum
About fucking time somebody mentioned it. This is currently my all time favorite CRPG. RIP Troika.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@MrKlorox said:
" @Potter9156 said:
Arcanum
About fucking time somebody mentioned it. This is currently my all time favorite CRPG. RIP Troika. "
I own that game. :) Got the boxed set & everything. It's a fucking hard game to play!  I wish someone else would make a steampunk rpg.

@dcpc10 said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Southgrove said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Southgrove said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
That's impossible, which means you must have had a pirated copy. That's too bad because for someone aiming to be an achievement whore you won't be able to add your Spore achievements when it's added to GB. "
O_o I'm pretty sure if you don't have an internet connection, that the game still works. I could be wrong though. "
No it requires. I am a registered user. Registering allows you to get all the customizations off their site. There is no point to getting the game without that.
CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By CactusWolf
@dcpc10 said:
" OP, try out something different? Perhaps, Europa Universalis 3 (truely amazing game, it made me never wanna play civilization 4 again). "
This. Also, if you're into this, I imagine you should take a look at Hearts of Iron 3 out on the 4th of August.
CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By CactusWolf
@dcpc10 said:
" I've got that date marked on my Calendar :D "
I'm just glad it's going to be available on Steam. 

Also, at OP go for almost anything done by Paradox in the style of Hearts of Iron/Europa Universalis.
Personally, I've always preferred the Hearts of Iron franchise because I enjoy the opportunity to be a commie in most circumstances.
Southgrove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Southgrove
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @MrKlorox said:
" @Potter9156 said:
Arcanum
About fucking time somebody mentioned it. This is currently my all time favorite CRPG. RIP Troika. "
I own that game. :) Got the boxed set & everything. It's a fucking hard game to play!  I wish someone else would make a steampunk rpg.

@dcpc10 said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Southgrove said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Southgrove said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
That's impossible, which means you must have had a pirated copy. That's too bad because for someone aiming to be an achievement whore you won't be able to add your Spore achievements when it's added to GB. "
O_o I'm pretty sure if you don't have an internet connection, that the game still works. I could be wrong though. "
No it requires. I am a registered user. Registering allows you to get all the customizations off their site. There is no point to getting the game without that. "

^ Biggest post ever.

Nope, it totally doesn't require you to be online. Not through Live anyways. Didn't pirate it! *waves with the box*. Oh, and who said anything about me beeing an achievement whore?

@wordsgohere said:
" @dcpc10 said:
" OP, try out something different? Perhaps, Europa Universalis 3 (truely amazing game, it made me never wanna play civilization 4 again). "
This. Also, if you're into this, I imagine you should take a look at Hearts of Iron 3 out on the 4th of August. "

Never played any of the universalis games, allways seen them as 'wannabe civilization / risk'. Error on my part, perhaps?
Hearts of Iron actually looks pretty neat.

---

I have found my game though, I dusted off my Wii and Wind Waker. =) Never finished it. And I've rekindled my Fallout 3 interest aswell, so I should be fine for a while now.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Southgrove said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @MrKlorox said:
" @Potter9156 said:
Arcanum

@dcpc10 said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Southgrove said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Southgrove said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
No it requires. I am a registered user. Registering allows you to get all the customizations off their site. There is no point to getting the game without that. "

^ Biggest post ever.

Nope, it totally doesn't require you to be online. Not through Live anyways. Didn't pirate it! *waves with the box*. Oh, and who said anything about me beeing an achievement whore?

Well I'll be dayamed.  I guess you can always register & get your achievements. Or perhaps you have to do it all over again?  You aren't a whore?  Twice my bad then.

Southgrove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Southgrove
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Southgrove said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @MrKlorox said:
" @Potter9156 said:
Arcanum

@dcpc10 said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Southgrove said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Southgrove said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:

^ Biggest post ever.

Well I'll be dayamed.  I guess you can always register & get your achievements. Or perhaps you have to do it all over again?  You aren't a whore?  Twice my bad then. "

^ Biggestest post ever.

I'm not a whore, atleast not when it comes to achievements. *flirt flirt*
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By The_A_Drain

I believe it requires online activation but not a constant connection.

Also it has it's own achievements, not LIVE ones.

I got most of them, got the centre of the galaxy, got bored and stopped.

Edit: And whoeever said Arcanum was hard, shit you dont know how right you are. Still brilliant game though, although from Troika I liked Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines better (imo, EVERYBODY should play this game at least once)

Southgrove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Southgrove

Vampire - The Masquerade : Bloodlines is indeed a good game. Even though it's a bit crazy with the physics at times. I remember beeing launched to the ceiling and die by a bathtub in a broken down house once.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#78  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Off the top of my head:

Titan Quest & its expansion
The Sims 3
Anachronox
Arcanum
Serious Sam
Dracula: Origins
Lord of the Rings Online
Heroes of Might and Magic series
Space Rangers 2
Silent Storm Gold
Jagged Alliance 2
Wizardry 8
Gothic 2 Gold

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Origina1Penguin
@The_A_Drain: The voice acting in VTM: Bloodlines is still among the best I've ever seen in a game, except for Prince LaCroix (I hate that weasel-fucker).  Jack is my favorite.

@Southgrove:  I usually fall back on The Sims or Roller Coast Tycoon if I feel I'm out of PC games to play.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Origina1Penguin:

Haha! That was exactly what I was thinking when I read the first part of your post lol. Yeah I loved VTM: Bloodlines, it has a bunch of flaws sure, huge, glaring ones, but I defy anyone to tell me it's not one of the best FPS/RPG hybrids of all time, and certainly the best game to ever feature vampires. Imo anyway.
brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#81  Edited By brainwins

Oh my. King's Bounty. This week it´s only 14 dollars on Steam.

manurok1901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By manurok1901

No-ones ever ran out of pc games if they havent played the orange box!