The Virtual Boy wasn't THAT bad

ArmyofDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ArmyofDarkness

The VB may have only been in Black/Red, but the games weren't that bad at all. Wario Land, Teleroboxer, Jack Bros., Mario Clash etc. The controller was also pretty comfortable & I could think of much worse consoles like the Jaguar.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lockwoodx

I actually owned one and other than it being a pain in the ass to play in bed, no it wasn't that bad. It did however give me a headache if I played more than an hour. Also the games telling you to take a break while helpful, got annoying. Sadly it was lost to a friend who moved away, and I still have the wario game buried in the rents basement somewhere among my childhood junk. I'd say the best thing about the Virtual Boy was it had a really comfortable controller.

Avatar image for deactivated-629f1111f1060
deactivated-629f1111f1060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ArmyofDarkness: I can imagine having troubles with it, seeing as I was prone to migraines as a kid. But then again, we rarely got the more 'special' consoles up here back in those days.

WileyS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By WileyS
rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By rentfn

You are right...it was all bad. I had one, still do, didn't enjoy it at all.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Brendan

I never played it, but I laughed at it once.

Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Bumpton

I'm with the OP on this one. I've still got mine boxed up in the attic somewhere. If I thought it was that bad, I would've sold it long ago. I definitely recall playing the hell out of Panic Bomber. A puzzler obviously doesn't need 3D, but it was only on the VB and it was awesome. Wario was great, Teleroboxer was pretty cool, and Tennis was a lot of fun. The system was obviously way out of its league and couldn't compete with other platforms, but it certainly had its moments.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By shiftymagician

Say what you will about the Angry Video Game Nerd, but he at least gave me a clear lesson about it to understand to why that console was (and will always be) nothing but an abysmal failure for Nintendo.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Emilio

I think it's pretty amazing. Most people don't appreciate new things.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By ShaggE

I really liked the red-black aesthetic and Red Alarm, so I can't bash the VB too much.