The Witcher 4 Is About to Appear? Or these are gossips?

denisstephens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By denisstephens

According to the forecasts of the Polish analyst Matsui Kitlinsky, the role-playing game "The Witcher 4" will be released in late 2025. This is stated in a big report on the Stockwatch website. The assumption is based on the financial trends of CD Projekt RED and statements by the company's management about plans for the future. I would like to get a statement from https://romsplanet.com/ as these guys know gaming business and meanwhile we can only guess.

"We predict that The Witcher 4 will be released in late 2025 and will receive two paid add-ons within the first year," the report says.

The analyst also believes that if the multiplayer component of Cyberpunk 2077 is successful, Polish developers will undertake the creation of an online project in the "Witcher" universe and present it in 2026-2027.

cadilla430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I always thought CDPR said that they'd return to the Witcher universe at some point but just not have Geralt as the lead. So it only makes sense that they'd end up back there. To me being an online game would be the wrong move. Keep it an RPG and also bring back whoever wrote Witcher 3, b/c without those 2 key parts I don't think I'd be interested.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if CDPR were planning this, it is far, far from certain, and this guy wouldn't know about it. Games are difficult and unpredictable work, and you can look at the last few weeks of CDPR's history as evidence that you can't really predict when or how they'll come out even a few months ahead of time. I'd say this is conjecture at best.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fetchfox

It sounds probable as CDPR has said they will make more Witcher games. I can see it coming out five to six years from now. Not sure about the online part, but they have said they're working on a separate Cyberpunk 2077 online game, so why not the Witcher too.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witcher 3 sort of tied in to Cyberpunk (Ciri describes one of the worlds she traveled to as being fairly futuristic) so could easily see a similar callback (Ciri or another Wild Hunt navigator appearing)

And the 5-6 year cadence seems pretty "normal" for CDPR these days? Probably a spinoff game for Cyberpunk that CDP will barely acknowledge exists (who remembers that Thronebreaker is a thing?) next year and then trailers and re-releases until 25/26.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By Castiel

The Witcher 3 is one of my all time favorite single player games and even with that said, part of me hope that if they do this it will not be about Geralt or Ciri. I really like the way The Witcher 3 ended and especially "Blood and Wine" felt like such great goodbye to Geralt.

Let that story be done and move on to something completely new.

Don't make this the Toy Story 4 or TLoU 2 of sequels... meaning well produced on a technical level but not necessary at all from a storytelling perspective.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

I always thought CDPR said that they'd return to the Witcher universe at some point but just not have Geralt as the lead. So it only makes sense that they'd end up back there. To me being an online game would be the wrong move. Keep it an RPG and also bring back whoever wrote Witcher 3, b/c without those 2 key parts I don't think I'd be interested.

The way 3's best ending plays out, it'd make perfect sense to transition to Ciri as the protagonist and have Geralt be in a mentor role. Here's to hoping they go that direction, cause it'd honestly be pretty disappointing to subvert the frankly perfect ending of 3 just to play it safe again.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"About to appear"... in 2025.

Thread titles don't need to be clickbait.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frytup: Based on the thread title I would guess that OPs first language is not necessarily English, and he probably meant "about to be announced" which would at least be possible, at least after the launch of Cyberpunk (because they'd be insane to announce a new Witcher first.)

But the actual evidence is just speculation by an analyst based on random thoughts about the "market" and doesn't even rise to the level of gossip. It's like when Michael Pachter says stuff just based on what he thinks might make sense.

There's no way a new Witcher comes out in 2025. Game development takes longer and longer and for a game that huge it's going to take more than 5 years. Our last Elder Scrolls (other than Online) was almost a decade ago, and CDPR might be faster than that, but they're going to be all in on Cyberpunk and the multiplayer for awhile.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After the time they've had getting Cyberpunk to near completion, they could do with some time on the backburner.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

After the time they've had getting Cyberpunk to near completion, they could do with some time on the backburner.

Maybe some time rethinking how they make games, but I'm not sure how likely that is with the same people in charge.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: The "great" thing about the new trend of multiplayer for massive games launching well after the main singleplayer is that after the devs finally finish crunching for the launch of the singleplayer, and then crunching on bug fixes for the singleplayer when it comes out a mess anyway, they get to seamlessly move over to crunching on the multiplayer.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@bigsocrates said:

Our last Elder Scrolls (other than Online) was almost a decade ago, and CDPR might be faster than that, but they're going to be all in on Cyberpunk and the multiplayer for awhile.

That's kind of a meaningless statement. Bethesda has not spent most of the past ten years working on an Elder Scrolls game. It's questionable whether they've even started working on the next one at all. They spent a good 4 years on Fallout 4, and presumably the time since has mostly been occupied by Starfield.

That's not to say the premise that big open world RPGs take a long time to make is wrong, I think that's obviously true, but using the time between Elder Scrolls games to support that is silly when we know for a fact that Bethesda has been doing other things and not working on Elder Scrolls in a meaningful capacity, if at all.

The CDPR comparison doesn't work if they start working on a new Witcher right after Cyberpunk. If Witcher = Skyrim is this comparison, then Fallout 4 = Cyberpunk. For the Bethesda comparison to make sense CDPR would have to start a totally different project next (matching with Starfield) rather than moving back to The Witcher.

Ulfhedinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let CDPR devs have a break please.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: Exactly. Rockstar doesn't bring many games out but the games they work on (for example Red Dead 2) were in development for eight years. You see the manpower and the hours in the credits of every game now and you can bet CDPR see themselves in the same ballpark as Rockstar.

noobsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's more Witcher, I hope it's set around the conjunction of spheres and the birth of the witchers. Let me custom make my witcher, have him/her establish a school.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: Obviously Bethesda and CD Projekt Red are not the same company, but the point of the statement (which was not meaningless at all) is that companies making big games in recent years have been waiting a much longer time between sequels than they used to. This is true not just of Bethesda but also of companies like Rockstar, Naughty Dog, 343 Industries etc... The really big franchises have slowed their rate of production both because there tend to be longer pauses between games and because the games take longer to make. These companies feel like they can do other things in the meantime, and do not feel the same pressure to just churn out the same IPs over and over. There's no indication that CD Projekt Red is going to start a new Witcher game immediately other than this guy assuming that it will feel economic pressure (though it may not if Cyberpunk is a massive hit, especially with a Microtransaction filled multiplayer, which is what has sucked up Rockstar's resources) and even if it did, it's going to be doing Cyberpunk stuff for awhile (finishing and supporting the multiplayer, likely some single player expansions).

The point isn't that it takes 10 years to make a game, because it obviously doesn't, but that these studios don't feel the need to keep turning out games like they used to. We haven't even seen significant gameplay on Starfield, which is probably a few years out at this point, and ES6 is likely going to be at least 3-4 after that, meaning that it will have been nearly 15 years between entries. Do I think The Witcher will go 15 years between entries? No I don't. But I think it will probably be 7+. And that's based partially on what other studios, like Bethesda, have been willing to do.

Avatar image for deactivated-609ba772e99db
deactivated-609ba772e99db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cd project has said they do plan on continuing the witcher series but not with geralt or at least not with geralt as the main character.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's get. Cyberpunk out of the door before talking a out Witcher 4.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

I'm hopefull that cyberpunk might be released by 2025, but wouldn't be surprised if it slips into early 2026