There is No Black Friday Blog This Year.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Edited By jakob187

Every year, I've kept a blog going of all the deals that are happening on Black Friday. This was a thing I volunteered myself to do in order to make sure that you, my fellow gamers and Giant Bomb family, would be able to plan ahead and know where, what time, and how to get everything you wanted.

This year, I announce that I am no longer doing this.

It's not any type of moral choice or anything, so don't worry about that. I still firmly believe that if someone wants to work on the day after Thanksgiving or whenever they decide to make the store open, that is their choice. The people who are essentially forced to work? Yeah, your bosses/companies are dickstains, and there's not much I can do there. I choose to work on Thanksgivings, though. I like having extra money in my pocket, and my family's Thanksgiving lasts a grand total of about two hours.

It also has nothing to do with my general lack of participation on the forums. I used to post a lot. I don't anymore. That's just due to overall work schedule and creating content for my YouTube channel (which I'm not going to advertise here because that would be crummy as fuck to do).

It's because...well, it's fucking boring to do!

Seriously, trying to go through every single ad that has poorly been put onto the internet, find the deals, make sure that it's accurate, digging for all of that information...and then typing it up and posting it through a blog I made? It's actually way more time-consuming than you'd think, and I'll be honest: I could be playing Marvel Heroes instead...or Magic the Gathering...or Dicemasters...or Heroclix...or literally anything else.

Therefore, I open it up to whomsoever would like to carry the mantle: if you want to make the Official Giant Bomb Black Friday Thread this year, the torch is yours to take.

I want to thank everyone for the past however-many years for your support, and I hope that your Black Friday this year is as good as the previous ones.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

Thanks for carrying the torch until now. I know I caught a deal or two from your threads over the past few years. Enjoy your Heroclix :D

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Every year I would think to myself holy shit that must be a ton of tedious-ass work to compile these lists! It was a cool GB community tradition while it lasted.

Aronleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

All I can say is thank you I got some nice deals thanks to your information so thanks again.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jakob187

@nasar7 said:

Every year I would think to myself holy shit that must be a ton of tedious-ass work to compile these lists! It was a cool GB community tradition while it lasted.

Tedious is definitely the word I'd use, lol. Don't get me wrong: if I wasn't knee-deep in trying to get my Wolverine geared out for red raids (and leveling Cable, Moon Knight, and Squirrel Girl to get the rest of my goddamn synergies), I'd be down. Maybe I'll do it next year? I don't know.

So yeah. It's completely for selfish reasons, but goddammit - gear and levels don't grind themselves!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Thanks for doing this, I remember seeing your posts before. and hey Jakob187 I remember you from way back, good to see some of the GB vets still around.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I will try my hand at this. I have been following the deals for a while now. I got a list I have been keeping, just comparing.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Vagrant Story deals?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Thanks for the effort of the previous years. I don't even participate in Black Friday but I'm always interested in who's discounting what.

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

FisHy thanks you for your service! Enjoy your extra free time brother

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jakob187

@retardedfishy said:

FisHy thanks you for your service! Enjoy your extra free time brother

OMG! IT'S RETARDEDFISHY! Long time, no see.

@fredchuckdave: You've deciphered the real reason. lol

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Applause for honesty! And for all the hard work.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thanks for all the work you've put in over the years. I'm always surprised when someone puts in so much effort into something like what you've done so don't feel even a little guilty.

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hey, totally understandable. Thanks for doing it when you did it.

Does anyone know a good alternative service for this?

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By GaspoweR

YOU CM PUNKING US!!!!! ;_; ;_;

Thanks though. Actually, just saying that you're too busy and it was just tiring to do would've been enough of an explanation. :D

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I remember getting some good deals out of your blog posts.

Understandable, I wouldn't do it. Bless ya!

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By FinalDasa

I think I spotted a few deals in the past from your black Friday threads and received some early Xmas gifts.

Thanks for doing it for so long!

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It's ok, man. It's the Internet. That explains almost everything.

It's much easier and more efficient for several hundred people to contribute one or a few deals at a time with the OP moderating a list than for one person to post as many as possible. Then again, that's impressive for one person to post all of that.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Understandable, no doubt. It seemed like a lot of work, and it was really awesome for you to have done it in the first place. Play those video games, duder, you've earned it.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By nightriff

We understand, it was a lot of work to do that I'm sure of.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Thank you for your past efforts, really was herculean of you. I always amazed by what you compiled

also very cool of you to give people a headsup about your decision in case anyone was counting on it for this year.

all the best duder.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the past years, all the same. They were a good back-up to my normal spots.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Ok my favorite rebel. Thank you for the good reads over the years.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thanks for all of the work over the years duder. Much appreciated!

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Understandable dude, I always thought you were mildly insane for doing it hahahaha.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Damn dude, I relied on those posts for years!

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

You know, we could have some sort of community-driven Black Friday thread this year. Not entirely sure how it would work, but spreading the workload around seems like a good idea.

If anyone really wants to do it, of course.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By cornbredx

It's for the best. It's kind of a thankless undertaking someone would do when they're bored anyway so if you're life is full it makes sense for you to no longer do it anymore. I mean I never even needed it as every year I don't care about anything on those lists, but I always read it for some reason. Then I go to amazon and newegg and completely ignore it altogether because screw going outside =P

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

Understandable dude, I always thought you were mildly insane for doing it hahahaha.

THAT is what made you think I'm mildly insane? I guess I can get rid of all those bodies in my garage now.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the service.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187 said:

@karkarov said:

THAT is what made you think I'm mildly insane? I guess I can get rid of all those bodies in my garage now.

Hey man it is no biggy, we all have a couple bodies in the garage. ... ... Don't we? -_-