There's a huge sale on EU PSN. What should I buy?

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Hey guys,

As some of you may know, there's a HUGE sale on the PSN right now. As far as I know, it's an EU sale, but it might apply to NA, I don't know.

What I've come to ask is, can anyone recommend anything that's on sale?

I've picked out, so far:

Stardew Valley at £11.99. This isn't on sale, but hearing Dan talk so passionately about it has made me really wanna check it out. It looks fun, but I've never played a game like this before. Is it easy enough to get into and enjoy?

Transistor at £3.99. I really liked Bastion, and I assume I'll like Transistor? It looks, visually, stunning.

Dragon Age: Inquisition at £15.99 : I bought this for the PC a while ago, but it turns out my PC is too shitty to run it. I really liked the last two Dragon Age games, and I've literally (2 days ago) just come off finishing The Witcher 3's DLC. It looks like a fun game, but I've heard middling things about it. Anyone?

Rocket League GOTY Edition at £11.99: Believe it or not, I skipped out on 2015's breakout hit of the year. It looks pretty ok, but I'm worried about if there's still people around my skill level playing on the PS4. I worry that if I bought it, I'd have hard times finding games because it's pretty old. Plus I hate soccer. Is this game still approchable for someone whose last sports game was Fifa 98: Road to World Cup?

Ratchet and Clank at £15.99: I've never played a R&C game before, but I've heard pretty good things about them. Are they, or, is this, as good as they say? It's cheap, and I hear it looks phenomenal. Plus, the price SEEMS right.

Metal Gear Solid 5 at £11.99: While this might seem like a bit of a no-brainer, I'm conflicted. I've watched the entirety of Metal Gear Scanlon for this, so NOTHING in it would be a surprise. This seems odd, as MGS3 was the first and only game I've ever pre-ordered because I was so excited. I fucking LOVE the Metal Gear Solid games, but I worry that because I've seen the entire game played, there's just not going to be much in it for me.

Thanks for reading this far! These are the games that, at a quick whizz through the PSN store, I spotted. If you can give any recommendations, or marks against these games, please let me know. Or if there's anything else in the sale you can recommend me, I'd love to hear it. Thanks a bunch friends!

CouldbeRolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CouldbeRolf

Ratcht and Clank is great fun. I absolutely recommend it.

Metal Gear Solid 5... I'll tell you this much, even if you've seen it played the game feels great to play. It's one of 3-4 open world games I actually enjoyed playing because it doesn't control like crap. I'd say the gameplay alone is worth it at that price.

Also maybe consider Until Dawn? Oh! And as someone who bounced off the first game hard, Dishonored 2 is a barrel of fun!

And if you don't want to buy too many games but also don't want to miss a good sale, they'll probably be on sale again for easter. And summer. And so on.

Happy New Year!

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FrodoBaggins

I would recommend everything that you've listed. But please please buy Rocket League. Literally there are thousands of people playing at any given time of various skill levels. As somebody who never plays sports games, Rocket League was my GoTY.

For myself I bought Salt and Sanctuary.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

@matoya said:

Stardew Valley at £11.99. I really didn't like this game

Transistor at £3.99. Amazing game

Dragon Age: Inquisition at £15.99 : Seems expensive

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@werupenstein: that's dragon age and all its DLC. The base game is like 6 quid.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I bought Transistor and Darkest Dungeon (60% off).

I have 40 hours in DD on Steam but was morbidly curious how the game would work with a gamepad. Not had the time to do much more than fiddle around in the tutorial but it's ... well ... it's fiddly with the Dualshock.

Still, if anyone's not in the mind to play it on PC (50% off on Steam until tomorrow) then I'm sure the controls are ultimately manageable.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

You might want some more distance from The Witcher 3 to play Dragon Age. Metal Gear Solid V is really great, for the most part... Those are the only 2 I've played. Both are good games, so go for which ever you feel will fit the bill.

craigieh28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transistor for £4 is a steal. I can also say that I have very little invested in the MGS series beyond playing Solid on the PS1, and MGS5 was easily, far and away and undoubtedly, my favourite game of 2015.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Stardew Valley and Ratchet and Clank are musts, in my opinion. Personally, I don't think MGS5 is very good and I'm a massive MGS fan. I also think that if you've seen all the Metal Gear Scanlons (of which 5 was the worst, in my opinion) I don't know that you'd get anything out of it.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dragon Age: Inquisition at £15.99 : I bought this for the PC a while ago, but it turns out my PC is too shitty to run it. I really liked the last two Dragon Age games, and I've literally (2 days ago) just come off finishing The Witcher 3's DLC. It looks like a fun game, but I've heard middling things about it. Anyone?

I don't think a person who really liked the first two Dragon Age games are gonna have too many problems with it. Just get out of the Hinterlands and you'll be fine.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transistor is a steal for that price! Rocket League is endless fun.

MGS5 is the coolest open world game I've ever played and DA:I is the most boring one. :)

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#12  Edited By sammo21

@dussck: I would argue that Dragon Age: Origins isn't really open world...especially given each area is basically just you travelling in linear paths. My opinion :p

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

There's a lot in the sale worth picking up (much of which you've already found). Think the US got a much better Christmas sale (if you fancy making a US PSN account and buying dollar scratch codes to buy credit then you can access those sales too) so this is our answer to that.

Thumper for £12 is ok for a new (GotY contender) release.

Persona 4 Golden is £4 if you've got a Vita.

GB-favourite The Fall (episode 1 of this is why we hate episodic games because when is this ever going to be finished) is £3.

Murdered: Soul Suspect for £4 if you missed that one and want to take a chance on it (not loved by all but there's an interesting game in there).

If you hate life then Knack is £5!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transitor doesnt play much like bastion, i bought it but never played it much. Been meaning to though.

Mgsv is fun to play and for that price it might be worth it if you already kniw what happens.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

I picked up the following in the sale your referencing:

• Mega Man Legacy Collection
  • Psychonauts (PS4-PS2 Rerelease)
  • Virginia
  • Child of Light
  • Hotline Miami 2
  • Mighty No. 9 (I have to see this mess for myself)
  • King of Fighters 2000
hemmelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hemmelight

As someone who played Dragon Age: Inquisition after The Witcher 3 - I felt like there is a huge gap in polish between the two games. Not saying Dragon Age is terrible, but The Witcher 3 is legitimately one of my favourite games ever.

DA:I felt like playing a single-player MMO. I found it really hard to care about any of the characters. It is my first Dragon Age game, so maybe I'm being unfair. I really liked the combat, though!

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hemmelight: Yeah, I feel like the Witcher 3 is going to put other fantasy RPGs to shame for a long time.