They should make a Dream Theater: Rock Band

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

They may not hold the legendary status that The Beatles do, and they may not have as many fans as Green Day, but maybe it will gain a following like Demon's Souls did. The "wankery", for lack of a better word, might fit well for those who want a more challenging Rock Band game. Another band could easily offer the same challenge, but no other band is as iconic as Dream Theater are for their "wankery". If they included Liquid Tension Experiment stuff into the mix, it could be a truly crazy game.  A lot of their music has a pretty wide span of difficulties as well.

This one song pretty much sums everything up: 

And for pure craziness: 

Am I alone in thinking this could tap a new market?
spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By spaceturtle

I'm sorry, man. But I fucking hate Dream Theater! Liquid Tension Experiment is a little better, because I don't have to listen to that gay bubblegum pop sounding voice of Labrie. Still the band features "musicians" who live by the rule; "The faster you play, the better it is". That is Petrucci at least. It's just too bad that the legend from King Crimson, Tony Levin plays with those guys... He is way over their league. 

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BulletproofMonk

That would be pretty amazing. But it's not going to happen.
Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Petrucci tends to be less tasteless than Dragonforce though. He only goes uber-fast during solos and they have a lot of slow songs as well. Dream Theater has always been more about the fucked up time signatures than the speed. Although this game would be targeted at those who want a game with a lot of "wankery" as I said.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fallen189

I'd buy it

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By FreakAche

No more band games! Stop giving Harmonix ideas! They already have some Dream Theatre DLC which is pretty good, they should come out with more.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spaceturtle
@Scrumdidlyumptious:
Still, I feel like he does not have the feeling for "real" guitar playing. When he's going soft and mellow on the solos (those few times that is) it just doesn't sound right. I think he has played so much fast solos he has forgotten how to take it down a couple of notches.
Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BulletproofMonk
@SPACETURTLE:
Listen to The Best Of Times solo, and you'll realize how wrong you are.
skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By skrutop

The reaction to that would be "Who?"  and nobody would buy it.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Venatio

YES!! I've actually thought about this a couple of times

They have amazing songs but man those songs would be hard to play, honestly though, I would rather want more DT DLC to come out, I've bought the little that is out now but I want more

Also just wanna say, I'm a huge Green Day fan aswell, buying that game soon

Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SPACETURTLE: That is your opinion and I won't argue against it. Dream Theater are an acquired taste so I understand why you might feel that way. I would disagree though.
rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By rjaylee

No. No they shouldn't. They wouldn't make their money back if they did this. The only reason band-specific games get made are because of their 'en masse' followings. Even Green Day was a borderline band to have a game featuring them, even though their music career and influence spans just under 20 years. If anything, the most that Dream Theater deserves is a album DLC pack, or having some of their tracks being put into a compilation pack.
Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess the DLC would work as well.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By 234r2we232

Not Racer X /10. Try again pls.

Checkout that hot bass action. Also. paul Gillbert *swoons*

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#15  Edited By lumley

I'd totally buy it, on every single instrument it would be challenging and complex,  Portnoy is like the greatest drummer (talent wise) at the moment in my opinion and Petrucci can play suck a variety of stuff.. and don't even say that he's all about speed, he's anything but, he's all about technical skill. 

Plus if you pop in RB3's keyboard it will be truly awesome 

But then again I am kinda like.. Dream Theater's biggest fan so I would say it'd be an amazing idea.. 

tbh it's never going to happen though

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By zeforgotten

I would buy that if they made it. 
But what would really be cool is if they released a Rock Band game with all the different songs I like. 
Then I would be playing that game again and again. Sure there might not be other people who would buy it but see if I care

Piglet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By Piglet

I really enjoy Dream Theater.  I far prefer Liquid Tension but they are both a delight to listen to.  I do not think it would ever happen though as there just isn't a large enough audience for it.  On that note, I'd love to see one with all Buckethead and the countless side projects he has (Les Claypool on the bass would be tough on the current controllers lol)