• 85 results
patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By patrickklepek

As the beginning of a new month arrives, Sony and Microsoft reveal what's in store for Gold and Plus members. There's good stuff on both platforms, but as has been the case for a while, Sony's killing it.

No Caption Provided

Here's what Microsoft is offering:

And here's what Sony's prepared for October:

Looks like we're gonna have to stream some Spelunky again...!

Laneyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spelunky! YE!

Windmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

FINALLY, PS4 SPELUNKY.

Warren2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Warren2007

Dust is great, love to play that again and finally find out just what driveclub is

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By KaneRobot

...BFBC2 is kind of a joke as the free game on the 360 just due to the age and the fact it has to be dead online by now, but fuck that game was awesome. BF3 was ok but seemed like a step down to me.

Watched Chariot last night on Twitch. It consisted of a guy failing to get up onto the same platform for 5 minutes. Maybe it's great, but that doesn't strike me as something I'd be interested in.

Already have Dust from when it was free (or was it just super cheap?) on XBox but haven't gotten around to it yet.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was planning on buying Dust, so I'm happy :)

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spelunky and Dust? Hell Yes!

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By brandondryrock

Kind of a disappointing month in terms of the PS3 side. I am not complaining because, hey, free games! But I guess they can't have a strong lineup for PS3 every month.

Rhete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS3 is also getting Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

There's some great games in there, but I already own Spelunky (on PS3, so I would have gotten the PS4 version through Cross-Buy anyway), Dust, and Arkham Asylum. On the other hand, I'll totally play Dust again, and there is that free version of #HASHTAGDRIVECLUB that I'll mess around with. If nothing else, that'll be good for a "Hey, you are at my house and don't play games so here is this pretty looking car game for you to look at and be easily impressed" game.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally underwhelmed, though I'm not one to spit in the face of free.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I missed Spelunkin' With Scoops. Maybe it's time to get the rest of those achievements :P

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spelunnky and Dust are news to me. I'll be checking Drive Club out as Evolution Studios usually do racing well.

DevourerOfTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 65

Oh cool. Rainbow Moon. I always meant to pick that up, but didn't have a Vita at the time it came out and just kinda.... forgot.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Great I've always been curious to try Asylum and see if it's really the better of the two mainline Arkham games as most people seem to say, or if it's a sort of "your first Mario Kart" situation.

cyberfunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, wierd that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is on there now that EA has their own free games with subscription service.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh snap! Could always play more Spelunky!

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Apart from maybe 2 stinkers that were on Games With Gold over the past year I've had every single game they offered, and my collection really isn't that big. Finally Darksiders 2 comes along and I don't have it, looking forward to it.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weak PS3 month, sadly (although I'll probably begrudgingly play through Asylum yet again anyway... might as well 100% it on every platform), especially since you can get the GOTY edition of Asylum for practically nothing.

But hey, if it puts the greatness of that game into a few more hands, I'm all for it. Not like I don't have a backlog to work through until November.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, I'll play Dust again. That game was such a nice surprise. I'm also looking forward to dicking around with Driveclub.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But I have most of those games .... :( I'll give Chariot and Rainbow Moon a chance, no interest in #driveclub; whenever I played it it handled horribly.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By striderno9

Dust!

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: Personally I found City more enjoyable than Asylum. Asylum is a fantastic game, and when it was released it was completely different than anything I played. I think I enjoyed City more just because of the sheer size of the game and all of the side stuff they added. But Asylum is great. I'll probably play through it again on PS3.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, four PS4 games?

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Is Chariot co-op only? Seems heavily emphasized & the Xbox One streamers all come in pairs. If so, bummer, but cool for co-op enthusiasts :P.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda bummed that Spelunky is on there. I already have it on PS3, and was hoping to get it as a mid-month cross-buy bonus, much like Hotline Miami.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By MEATBALL

Maybe this time I'll actually play through Dust? I bought it on 360 and thought it seemed pretty cool, but never finished it.

Spelunky being Cross-buy means I would have had it anyway. Arkham Asylum seems a weird choice, but at least it's a legitimately fantastic game, I guess - just one that most people will already own/have played.

Back when Rainbow Moon released on the PS3 I really wanted it for the Vita, but by the time the game finally arrived on Sony's handheld I guess I wasn't interested in buying it. Cool that I'll finally be able to give it a go.

Love Darksiders II, it has some issues (including an awful Earth segment), but goddamn I loved the dungeons and the combat - I also really liked the loot system. In some ways it's a better game than its predecessor, in others it's worse.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Nice, I've been wanting to play Dust for a while now and I'll never turn down an opportunity to play more Spelunky.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Took me a minute to decipher that headline

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just this morning I was having an internal debate on weather I enjoyed Arkham Asylum vs City and lamenting the fact that I had long ago given away my copy of Asylum. It's like Sony knew...

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

I'm pretty convinced at this point that Spelunky is my favorite game of all time.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AngriGhandi

Dust and Spelunky!? That's great! Now I have an excuse to spend a billionty hours trying to beat the game in 8 minutes all over again!

Hooray!

But it does remind me that, because of PS+, we've now reached the point where everyone who's been downloading both games every month since launch now has a bare minimum of 20 items to scroll through on their home screen. We could probably use some folders.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I really chose a bad time to get on this PS Plus gravy train when the gravy has gotten terrible.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS Plus is so great. Got on there this past saturday and saw and acquired Sportsfriends - then proceded to have a blast for 5 hours with 4 guests in the couch.

And now Spelunky, awesome.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I'd like to see more console-specific games from Plus. That selection is hardly "KILLING IT" for anyone who plays games on PC.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be interesting to hear people's opinions on Arkham Asylum, replaying or new to it, with the recent amount of open world games coming out. As much as I love the mechanical improvements in City the realization of the Asylum is super good. I really hope that when WB figures out what do with the franchise post Rocksteady they at least give some thought to a low budget spin off with Asylum's structure. It would at least help to differentiate it from Mordor considering it seems to be doing open world stuff far better from what I'm hearing.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By winsord

Really happy to be getting Rainbow Moon for 'free' this month. Hopefully it's fun without buying into the microtransactions!

jachin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jachin

Really? Arkham Asylum? If you haven't played the game at this point, you would have to be actively avoiding it. PS3 players continue to get shafted.

Avatar image for anonymousbroccoli
AnonymousBroccoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not an especially good headline—even considering this is an enthusiast games site, and many visitors are probably familiar with PlayStation Plus, and Xbox Live Games with Gold.

THE_RUCKUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By THE_RUCKUS

good month for sony

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play Spelunky every single day.

Hopefully more people join up on that PSN thread. Are the Vita and PS4 leaderboards separate?

Luck702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would really love to see maybe a week where you try to get as far as you can in Spelunky. I have such enormously great memories of waking up every morning and watching your streams early this year.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@csl316 said:

I play Spelunky every single day.

Hopefully more people join up on that PSN thread. Are the Vita and PS4 leaderboards separate?

I hope not. I got a $1.21 million score this week and I want to show it off to all the new PSN players that appear when they get the game off plus.

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from Spelunky, which I already bought, I am interested in trying out every single game being offered by PS+ this month. That said, I really do not have time to play all these games...

And to people who think everyone in the world has played Arkham Asylum already: you're wrong. I'm not that into Batman so I would never have bought it. So, thanks Sony for giving me the chance. =)

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And, as if by magic, DriveClub streams appear. I'm hoping this is the upcoming free version because its just event after event. No open world. That could really drag if that's the structure.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@euandewar said:

It's not an especially good headline—even considering this is an enthusiast games site, and many visitors are probably familiar with PlayStation Plus, and Xbox Live Games with Gold.

Aye, don't think it would've hurt to include the words "Xbox" and "PS" in the appropriate places.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Cybexx

A PS4 version of Dust is a good excuse for me to finish that game.

blueinferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Arkham Asylum? If you haven't played that by now, you were never going to. Disappointing month for PS3.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#50  Edited By Yummylee

@euandewar said:

@anonymousbroccoli said:

@euandewar said:

Aye, don't think it would've hurt to include the words "Xbox" and "PS" in the appropriate places.

Indeedly. Noting ''Live'' and ''Plus'' would ordinarily stand out via capitalisation, but since it's an article title and thus it's all capitalised, well.. it just looks nonsensical.