Thoughts on PlayStation 5's selected 1st parties' PC ports being leaked?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Dear video gamers

A couple of days ago, there were a handful of news articles being posted and nobody seem to talk about this in the Giant Bomb forums so I decided to make this thread to see you guys share your thoughts, but unfortunately, PS4's Bloodborne is not listed so it will have PS5's Demon Souls Remake instead.

News articles:

My thoughts on Gran Turismo 7 console version:

To me, the handling model feels quite similar to Sim Racing even though it's still a Simcade, judging that it's lower-tier compared to PC's Sim Racers like rFactor 2, iRacing, Assetto Corsa Competizione, RaceRoom Racing Experience & Automobilista 2 but I'm pretty sure that it's going to be on the same tier as Forza Motorsport Reboot (Another Simcade).

Here is the link to my blog on the differences between Sim Racing & Simcade.

So, here are my expectations on the PC port of GT7:

• Having a dual driving model option (Sim Racing & Simcade), in order to make it optimized & accessible for both racing wheel & controller pad users, similar to Codemasters' DiRT 4.
  • Having an option to enable ray tracing during gameplay.
  • Switchable race formats (From Ridge Racer/Daytona USA style to more similar to the real world of motor racing).
  • I hope players won't have to do grinding all the time.
  • Compatible with a wider range of racing wheelbases such as Fanatec Podium DD2, Simucube 2 Ultimate, etc.

Sidenote: Back in April 2021, I've heard Kazunori Yamauchi is going to work on a new project during the post-launch of the Gran Turismo 7 console version, so it's most likely going to be a new IP and completely different genre so here is an article:

Kazunori Yamauchi Will Keep Making Gran Turismo, Also Wants to “Do Something Different” – GTPlanet

stinger061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By stinger061

If GT7 comes to PC it wont be with significant changes. The game fits in a particular spot that is different to the bigger PC sim racing games and they wont try and directly compete with those by going further in the 'Sim' direction. In fact I think it PC lacks something at the exact level GT sits at and it will likely be very welcome to those who the full sims are too much for.

screwball69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It would be real cool to get to play those games since PS5s will never actually be on shelves

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

This is mostly good to hear, but I think we can all admit this sounds like the least possible effort with teh leats pssioble commitment.

I want better from Sony and PSN, I'm sure these PC ports are no money makers, they are likely thankless tasks, but I would WANT for Sony to be the best at making ports. I'd like to see them make a commitment to be the best around for PC ports of their first party games.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Keep 'em commin'.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Keep em coming! Still longing/hoping for TLOU 1&2 tho.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Exputer & Glitched Online? what are these sources?

Both seem to just relay the same information from a guy that posts on /r/playstation whose claims to fame so far seem to be that he datamined Elden Ring a bit and that he predicts that the Days Gone devs are making a open world stealth game next.

That said, this all sounds pretty plausible. Playstation invests in port-houses and says they want to put more stuff on PC, so here are a bunch of console games that seem to be coming to PC.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be real cool to get to play those games since PS5s will never actually be on shelves

Not to mention that PS5 and the Xbox Series X both are currently having shortages.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

*clears throat loudly*

So... uh... where's Bloodborne?

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't expect many changes or additions for a PC version of Gran Turismo 7, if the "leak" is true in that Polyphony are handling the port themselves i'm actually more concerned than anything, a Japanese studio with zero experience releasing games on PC, i can sense issues with peripherals and a 60fps lock in the future, that's if the servers are up. In an ideal world their required server connection would allow cross play between the console and PC which is something Forza benefits from, but that might be too much to ask for their first PC project.

I have a soft spot for PC port houses so Demon Souls and Tsushima should be good, i think it's a perfect project for Nixxes.

Personally the Playstation exclusives i'd like to see PC versions of are MGS4 and Tokyo Jungle.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gtxforza

@cikame: It will be great for Metal Gear Solid 4 to be remastered for PC, PS5 & Xbox Series X so the new players can play it or either those who wanted to relive their fun memories of playing this.

I also wish Snatcher (Another game from Hideo Kojima) to have a remake of it as well.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exputer & Glitched Online? what are these sources?

Both seem to just relay the same information from a guy that posts on /r/playstation whose claims to fame so far seem to be that he datamined Elden Ring a bit and that he predicts that the Days Gone devs are making a open world stealth game next.

Seconding this. Are there any more reputable sources for these leaks than those in the original post? I won't claim knowledge of those two sites (Exputer and Glitched.Online), but they seem... obscure, I guess, and their source of information is equally questionable.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By doctordonkey

Bloodborne isn't on the list, so that makes me believe it's real.