• 74 results
trigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By trigg

I'm a college student and here on campus recently I've noticed many a female wearing tights...well...as pants. I know there's already a website (blog) dedicated to this and they're college campus, however, I would like your opinions on this. Call it...research. 

Can tights be substituted for pants?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

No complaints here.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By face15

As long as the people wearing them are exclusively hot chicks, then yes, tights can be substituted for pants.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Branthog

Gross. Tights are for Peg Bundy. Lazy.

BC_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BC_

tights > pants

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KaosAngel said:
" No complaints here. "
mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mesoian

Short answer is yes. Especially in the winter months, you're going to start seeing more women wearing tights or leggings as pants. This is acceptable, though as fashion dictates, it doesn't work for everyone. 

Personally, I like it when a skirt is thrown on over the leggings, as the tiniest miniskirt can be called into play with no true negative behind (or in this case under) it.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By rjayb89

That sounds... tight.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Green_Incarnate

What's the problem? Hot chicks put on tight clothing. Don't let me get in their way.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Branthog
@Green_Incarnate said:
" What's the problem? Hot chicks put on tight clothing. Don't let me get in their way. "
For the most part, tights are not very flattering. Not that they have to be. I mean, from this particular description, they're in school. You know, being lazy and just making it to class on time for an education. Where whatever the fuck makes you comfortable. But asthetics wise . . . the only thing less flattering to a body than those Peg Bundy tights are those weird shirts chicks where that have the waist up really high, and then sort of "billow out" loosely. It always makes even skinny chicks look like they might be pregnant. On the other hand, I'm a fucking ugly pig male, so what I think is pretty much irrelevant.
Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Green_Incarnate
@Branthog: Remember sweats? These are a step up from that. They don't seem that grungy to me.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Yes, of course.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By BraveToaster
@face15 said:
" As long as the people wearing them are exclusively hot chicks, then yes, tights can be substituted for pants. "
jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By jorbear

As long as they show me what they're working with, I'm all for it. 

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aronman789

Depends, does the girl wearing them pull it off? I have a hatred for people wearing things, especially sweat pants, that are too big or too small for them.

trigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By trigg

Here is the qualification for me.... 

If I see a girl in tights, Mystikal has to automatically start playing in my head, just rappin' gibberish.  

If that occurs, tights are allowed, otherwise, well...maybe she needs to by Wii Fit or something.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#17  Edited By mike

It's not as bad as seeing girls wear pajamas and slippers out to the grocery store, or on airplanes, or to Starbucks...yeah. Coming back to SFO from Albuquerque last week I was sitting in BUSINESS CLASS next to a girl who looked like she was going to a slumber party, complete with giant ass pillow and blanket. It's getting out of hand.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By mesklinite
@KaosAngel said:
"No complaints here. "

You're assuming that said girl is hot.
Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ragdrazi

It kind of makes me facepalm every time I see it. It's like, I want to look both like a mindless trend follower and a useless worthless sex object rolled into one.

You know, girl, I don't need to see your mound to be attracted to you, right?

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gunslingerNZ

I think it looks a bit stupid myself. A tight pair of jeans is far more attractive.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ragdrazi
@gunslingerNZ said:
" I think it looks a bit stupid myself. A tight pair of jeans is far more attractive. "
Yeah, that's the other side of it. It is pretty stupid looking.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By buzz_clik

Not only do tights count as pants, but you can also choose to employ something that Australian comedian Greg Fleet likes to call Jumper Pants. This is where you don't have any pants handy, so you take a jumper/sweater and put your legs through the arm holes, thus creating a pair of Jumper Pants.

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gunslingerNZ
@buzz_clik said:
" Not only do tights count as pants, but you can also choose to employ something that Australian comedian Greg Fleet likes to call Jumper Pants. This is where you don't have any pants handy, so you take a jumper/sweater and put your legs through the arm holes, thus creating a pair of Jumper Pants. "
Genius. I'll have to remember that if I ever shit my pants.
audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By audiosnag

Girls wearing tights as pants make my pants tight.
Get it?? Get it??
.....nevermind

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By FCKSNAP

All long as there's no front-butt, or even a gunt. Because I'm an American citizen and I have a right to not see that shit. 

Also, I understand you ladies like to feel sexy, and that's all fine and good. But please, us men hide our love handles when we have them. I do not think wearing a belly shirt/lowrise jeans combo is gonna make your neglected body any more convincing.

trigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By trigg

So to make this relevant to this website and particular forum...someone, somewhere should make a Kinect game called "No Pants Dance".  

or 

"No Pants Wii Dance" (for the Wii of course).

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By neoepoch
@MB said:
" It's not as bad as seeing girls wear pajamas and slippers out to the grocery store, or on airplanes, or to Starbucks...yeah. Coming back to SFO from Albuquerque last week I was sitting in BUSINESS CLASS next to a girl who looked like she was going to a slumber party, complete with giant ass pillow and blanket. It's getting out of hand. "
OH MAN. You totally hit the nail on the head. While I am in some agreement with TC, this is what really bothers me. I'm like, "You are a grown person, don't dress up like you got out of bed, get some class or professionalism. I mean you aren't home, you are out in public!"
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By ajamafalous

I have plenty of female friends that wear stockings/leggings as pants. I don't see a problem.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#29  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Finally, someone on Giant Bomb not afraid to deal with the hard-hitting issues! I believe tights can absolutely be used as a substitute for pants.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#30  Edited By benpack
@MB said:
" It's not as bad as seeing girls wear pajamas and slippers out to the grocery store, or on airplanes, or to Starbucks...yeah. Coming back to SFO from Albuquerque last week I was sitting in BUSINESS CLASS next to a girl who looked like she was going to a slumber party, complete with giant ass pillow and blanket. It's getting out of hand. "
It's odd, I always notice an extreme jump in this whenever I'm in SF. Maybe it's a bigger city thing but I don't see a lot of it around here.
bcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bcc

I think it looks great on a girl who has the right body for it. No complaints here.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By MooseyMcMan
@doublezeroduck said:
" @Branthog said:

" Gross. Tights are for Peg Bundy. Lazy. "

What are you trying to say? "
There's more to life than Oprah and bon-bons. 
oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By oatz

Almost every girl I know does that.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By Ineedaname
@gunslingerNZ said:
" I think it looks a bit stupid myself. A tight pair of jeans is far more attractive. "
With boots as well, right?!
RIGHT?!
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can be used as substitutes, but its not ideal, really.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Romination

When it comes to hating things other people do, I'm usually the first. But I'm OK with this. I don't see it as shameless oversexualizing (even if it does show off their asses, but tight jeans do the same, and no one complains). Besides, most of the ones I see are something different from tights, they're more like leggings. Plus, they look really comfortable and, though they probably aren't, really warm.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By alternate

The is a difference.  If the tights don't have a gusset (like pantyhose) or stocking tops then they are leggings are are meant as outerwear.  Tights or leggings have historical background as trousers in both men and women.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tebbit
@Ineedaname said:
" @gunslingerNZ said:
With boots as well, right?! RIGHT?! "
Boots are the devil's shoes. Begone, ye demon footery! 

@MooseyMcMan said:
" @doublezeroduck said:
" @Branthog said:

" Gross. Tights are for Peg Bundy. Lazy. "

What are you trying to say? "
There's more to life than Oprah and bon-bons.  "
That's a fucking lie.
Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Arbie

I don't wear tights with like t shirts and stuff but christ it's winter. I do not wear skirts/dresses without them now. =p

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jambones

Wait. Are we talking about tight leggings here? Or the kind of tights bank robbers pull over their heads? I have never seen the latter flying solo as outer wear. 

I shouldn't read a thread like this three minutes after waking up. :|

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By wubb

You should be able to dress how you like.  What's the big deal?

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By tebbit
@Erzs said:
" I don't wear tights with like t shirts and stuff but christ it's winter. I do not wear skirts/dresses without them now. =p "
Winter never stopped me from wearing dresses without tights. You need to man up!
Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Arbie
@Tebbit:  I dress like an eskimo in the summer, winter is not exception! I'm pretty much always freezing! But maybe one day I will be as brave as you! =[
sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By sagesebas
@trigg: whats the blog?
Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Marcsman

Come to my workplace. We have very large girls wearing tights. But that is not the worst. We have one girl who wears the same pair of pants 5 days a week. It's fucking gross. Then to top it all off. We made fun of the gross girl's ( who wears the same pants everyday )husabdn for wearing flood. Now this gross right now is wearing the same pair of pants for the fourth time this week. They should be shot or tasered at the least. Now here is the real kicker. The super gross girl who wears the same pair of pants every fucking day rarely changes her shirts too. Today she is wearing a nasty gross purple sweatshirt that looks like she stole it from a homeless person. She now looks like a bizzaro Grimace ( from McDonalds) 
I throw up a little in my mouth every morning I walk into my office.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Azteck

When done right, it can be kind of attractive. You should stop caring about other peoples legs less

karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By karatetron

Leggings > Pants.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tebbit
@Erzs said:

" @Tebbit:  I dress like an eskimo in the summer, winter is not exception! I'm pretty much always freezing! But maybe one day I will be as brave as you! =[ "

I'm sure bravery has nothing to do with it, the reason winter never stopped me from wearing dresses without tights is because I stopped me from wearing them first. Thus saving masculinity not only for me, but those around me!

Also, dressing like an eskimo in summer is the sweetest crime. Considering New Zealand is a stone's throw away from Antarctica, summer can be cold as fuck. Pants > Shorts any day of the week... 

@Azteck said:
" When done right, it can be kind of attractive. You should stop caring about other peoples legs less "
Wait, so... he should care about them more? Double negatives hurt my soul.
mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#50  Edited By mesoian
@Marcsman said:
" Come to my workplace. We have very large girls wearing tights. But that is not the worst. We have one girl who wears the same pair of pants 5 days a week. It's fucking gross. Then to top it all off. We made fun of the gross girl's ( who wears the same pants everyday )husabdn for wearing flood. Now this gross right now is wearing the same pair of pants for the fourth time this week. They should be shot or tasered at the least. Now here is the real kicker. The super gross girl who wears the same pair of pants every fucking day rarely changes her shirts too. Today she is wearing a nasty gross purple sweatshirt that looks like she stole it from a homeless person. She now looks like a bizzaro Grimace ( from McDonalds) I throw up a little in my mouth every morning I walk into my office. "
You do realize that it's okay to call someone out for being gross, right? 

If it's actually a hygiene problem that affects people, you should let her know. 

Case in point: a friend of mine works at a local newspaper and one of the fluff article columnists, every day for a straight month, came in smelling like cat piss. She didn't smell it, but her clothes, her hair, her skin, it WREAKED of cat piss. No one wanted to tell her because they thought it would be mean or that it could be some sort of office offense. Eventually, my friend confronted her about it and she honestly had no idea. Turns out, she had gotten a new kitten the month prior and it was pissing EVERYWHERE in her apartment, on the beds, on the curtains, on the fresh laundry, so much so that even when she cleaned up the visual mess, her nose could no longer detect the odor. 

It's okay to pull someone aside to a corner where no one else is and say, "I don't want to be mean or confrontational, but you have a serious problem going on and you need to fix it." If I smelt like catpiss and could not detect it myself, I would want to be notified.