Time Travel Gaming

JuggertrainUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JuggertrainUK

If you guys could travel back in time 10 years and take 3 games with you to show to the past version of you, what three games would you take?. 

Mine would be : - Portal 
                             - Crysis 
                             - Uncharted 2
foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By foggel

Portal isn't a bad choice. Also Heavy Rain because of the graphics and water effects. And Burnout Paradise City for the crashing.

Off the top of my head.

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ztiworoh

Mass Effect 2 (To show where games are going with story)
Assassins Creed 2 (Or any other high-quality open world game)  
and third, not a game, but an iPhone in order to show how far we'd advanced in mobile gaming

JuggertrainUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JuggertrainUK

Heavy rain was almost in my list but i would have to take uncharted 2 with me
Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

None. I was perfectly happy 10 years ago when my parents bought my video games and I was still in Elementary School. Bringing 360 and PS3 games back in time would give me a constant feeling of discontent.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Romination
@AestheticSynthesis said:
" None. I was perfectly happy 10 years ago when my parents bought my video games and I was still in Elementary School. Bringing 360 and PS3 games back in time would give me a constant feeling of discontent. "
Word. I'd take some old games back with me to play with my younger self. I might not be able to game again happily for ten years knowing that what i had then will soon be highly obsolete.
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#7  Edited By BeachThunder

Maybe Catz, Dogz and Imagine: Babyz - "Hey Me-From-Ten-Years-Ago, this is the future of gaming!!"

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jimbo

I would be underwhelmed, frankly.  Especially when you told me your 'graphics' choice was already 3 years old and that graphical advancement had pretty much ground to a halt since it came out.

Compared to '90 - '00, we've been treading water.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King

It's not gonna be that impressive, since you wouldn't change anything. Time travel just works like that, you know?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Snail

I see you're making your selections based mostly on graphical performance (Crysis and Uncharted 2 had the best graphics of the year they were released).

I would take Crysis, Pokémon Soul Silver/Hear Gold, Crush, Heavy Rain.

JuggertrainUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JuggertrainUK
@Snail said:
"I see you're making your selections based mostly on graphical performance (Crysis and Uncharted 2 had the best graphics of the year they were released).  I would take Crysis, Pokémon Soul Silver/Hear Gold, Crush, Heavy Rain. "

My selections were based on three different things really, Crysis just for the graphical beast that it is, Portal for its creativity, and Uncharted 2 for its overall gameplay, the set pieces in that game along with the well written characters and story sets that game far apart from anything i have seen in the last decade. Uncharted 2 still looks great but 10 years ago i never would of dreamed of playing something so close to summer blockbuster.
Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Lawrens

FF13, because I was a graphic whoring little shit back then (still am), I could convince myself those lego block FF7 characters were for the good.
Bayonetta
Muramasa the demon blade

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By EpicSteve

Wii Sports. Back then, the graphics would still be fantastic. Also I would tell myself "this will be the biggest game next generation and possibly ever". If I showed myself something too much (in terms of tech) like any 360/PS3 game game compared the 2000 games, I would think every other game sucks ass. Also, the motion controls would be new and exciting for me. If I could see one game in 2020 today I would want to see the biggest game, not the current technical showpiece.