#1 Edited by Mepsipax (143 posts) -

Does anyone feel like revisiting the Mario Party Party days? I would understand if you don't, but if you do, here's a video that has some of the best moments from the two times Mario Party 9 has been played on this website. At first I tried to make another one of those videos that compares the crews reactions to playing the same game (which probably shows) but ended up putting some other terrific moments in there as well.

#2 Posted by Okinopolytrans (49 posts) -

This is awesome.

#3 Posted by Capum15 (6005 posts) -

Jeff's "Shit. Guys, we're fucked." and yell always get me. Great video, I like that idea.

#4 Posted by JJOR64 (19693 posts) -

Great video!

#5 Posted by sammo21 (5963 posts) -

This was great!

#6 Posted by Quipido (1547 posts) -

Well, time to watch this then.

#7 Posted by OJ (65 posts) -

awesome vid, great work!

#8 Posted by hassun (9874 posts) -

Alexis the party god.

#9 Posted by FLStyle (6589 posts) -

Many thanks for putting that together, Thursday Night Throwdown was fun times.

#10 Posted by Rebel_Scum (1439 posts) -

Never really watched these but do they like Mario Party or pretend to not like it?

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
#11 Posted by Redhotchilimist (2946 posts) -

Never really watched these but do they like Mario Party or pretend to not like it?

Dan likes some of them, but he's said that even for him, 50 rounds are too much.

#12 Edited by triviaman09 (1032 posts) -

Ryan had the correct Waluigi opinion.

#13 Posted by Y2Ken (2930 posts) -

Dan likes some of them, but he's said that even for him, 50 rounds are too much.

I've watched the first MPP a couple times and it always seemed so weird when he starts talking about how, "I love these games but 50 turns is way too long." I wouldn't consider myself a fan of the series - I'm definitely less actively enthusiastic than Dan is - but I've never even contemplated not playing 50 turns.

Of the probably 8 or 9 games of Mario Party I've played, probably 3 of them were solo 50 turn games and the rest were ones we played in our uni house while drinking (also 50 turns). That said, I am also the guy who wouldn't play Civ on anything faster than the second-longest setting at minimum, so... If you're gonna do it, do it right. It's not even that long, it's like four hours. I've spent four hours in far worse ways than playing a terrible game with some friends.

(To be clear, I love their exasperation in the MPP videos - I'm just speaking to Dan the self-diagnosed "enthusiast" saying that 50 turns is too crazy.)

#14 Posted by hawkinson76 (470 posts) -

You are a great human being.

#15 Posted by stordoff (1361 posts) -

I'm not entirely sure why, but Ryan being Mario and now Jeff being Mario just feels right somehow.

Ryan throwing shade on Waluigi "while" Dan hams it up in that suit is just perfect too. I really should watch that TNT at some point.

#16 Posted by zaccheus (2088 posts) -

Well done.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
#17 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (7829 posts) -

2:24 to 2:35 is golden. It was really weird seeing MP9 and remembering that old tnt. Seeing brad as wario going down that pipe gave me some serious deja vu at the time.

#18 Posted by PeezMachine (451 posts) -

"Nobody wins" going back 4 years is very very good.

#19 Posted by Daiphyer (1531 posts) -

Can you find this TNT anywhere online? I'd love to watch some old TNT.

#20 Posted by ajamafalous (13812 posts) -