Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

*Top 3 Good Games You are Passing By

1.  Borderlands
 Brought to my attention by the Giant Bomb  Podcast
----Yet another one of those rpg-shooter hybrids.  However, unlike Fallout 3, this doesn't follow the methodic pattern of bethesda's games but seems more open in landscape than Mass Effect.  Check it out. 

(anyone have a cell shaded gameplay video of this?)

2.  Alpha Protocol
While I doubt it's as good, this is essentially Mass Effect but in a spy world.  Okay, it's not going to be up to par with that and it'll probably be more shootery with light rpg elements, but still, I've barely heard anything about this.  It's made by Obsidian, the guys who are famous for making sequels from bioware.  Their first game is shaping up pretty good....and essentially a heavily mass effect inspired game.

3. Singularity
I know what you thought initially--- generic first person sci-fi shooter, but not really.  It deals with time travel yes, but apparently it does some funky stuff with it and the core gameplay seems rather...interesting.  Check it out yourself.

cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By cc23574

Totally agree with it, unfortunately there is no gameplay of Borderlands, but the art style is impressive. Alpha protocol looks really cool, hope they dont fuck up.
Singularity, looks promising. Especially the whole thing about time paradox and such.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

There is gameplay of borderlands, but not since they've changed the style.  I can sort the two together. 
They showed it at E3 though, maybe some footage got out somewhere?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Here's a gameplay scree of the new borderlands

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By Davvyk

im totally up for Borderlands now after the E3 Coverage it sounds amazing. Sounds a little like a more action focused Fallout 3 with lighter RPG elements. I loved Fallout 3 and this is shaping up to be a faster action packed shooter focused take on that.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Hamz

Indeed Smug those are 3 games from E309 that I have come away with a renewed feeling of interest for. Especially singularity and those crazy time controlling / reversing / progressing powers!

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By atejas

Alpha Protocol looks better than Mass Effect, if only because of Chris Avellone.

SoulEdgeSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By SoulEdgeSlayer

Borderlands does look amazing.  Alpha Protocol could be great, but for some reason I haven't had that "Hell yes!" moment that I have had with the previews.  I really have no clue about Singularity.  :P

My personal other two would be Brink and Crackdown 2.  Of course, other obvious choices are Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@atejas said:
"Alpha Protocol looks better than Mass Effect, if only because of Chris Avellone."
I'm sorry, even despite you homosexuality (i joke), I just started Mass Effect yesterday and played it today, about 6 hours in, and my god, this is such a good game.  I've had it for like a year now yet I haven't played it past the first planet.  My brother actually bought it though and lended it to me after that though.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK

Borderlands is smexy

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@SoulEdgeSlayer said:
"Borderlands does look amazing.  Alpha Protocol could be great, but for some reason I haven't had that "Hell yes!" moment that I have had with the previews.  I really have no clue about Singularity.  :P

My personal other two would be Brink and Crackdown 2.  Of course, other obvious choices are Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction."

While I don't know about Brink, for crackdown 2, while I absolutely love the first, you can't include that on a list like this when all they showed was a trailer.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By atejas
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@atejas said:
"Alpha Protocol looks better than Mass Effect, if only because of Chris Avellone."
I'm sorry, even despite you homosexuality (i joke), I just started Mass Effect yesterday and played it today, about 6 hours in, and my god, this is such a good game.  I've had it for like a year now yet I haven't played it past the first planet.  My brother actually bought it though and lended it to me after that though. "
Never said Mass Effect was 'bad'.
Just said AP's going to be better.
Well, better written, at least.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@atejas said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@atejas said:
I'm sorry, even despite you homosexuality (i joke), I just started Mass Effect yesterday and played it today, about 6 hours in, and my god, this is such a good game.  I've had it for like a year now yet I haven't played it past the first planet.  My brother actually bought it though and lended it to me after that though. "
Never said Mass Effect was 'bad'.Just said AP's going to be better.Well, better written, at least."

I would love so, but damn, Mass Effect is such a good game.
Obviously I'm looking forward to Alpha Protocol, but god, I love mass effect. such a good game.  The horrible elephant in the room in that game though is, not the framerate as it's not really bad (maybe because it's installed?), but the uncharted planets which are just shitty.  completely avoidable though....sort of a bad metaphor then though?
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By penguindust
Borderlands looks great.  I'm hyped for that sweetness.

I think the Agency is getting overlooked as well.  It is looking very nice in my opinion and is shaping up to be a very viable MMO for consoles.  Check out the walk-throughs on Gametrailers if you can.  It comes in 3 parts.  Sadly, the game devs are still telling the press "it will be done when it's done."
Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Kiemoe
@SmugDarkLoser:

Here you go. IDK if you've already seen it, but I think this is the only in motion view of the new style.
Lyphen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Lyphen

Borderlands is definitely on my list - especialy since, it's co-op, so I'll likely be putting my money down on it instead of the L4D2 release.

cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cc23574

Woah, those Borderlands screens look really good.

freakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By freakin

Blinx has made me hesitant about time traveling, now if we were talking telekinesis I'd be all about that.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jayge_

Borderlands looks fucking ace, although it's an FPS-RPG, not an RPG-FPS. There is a definite distinction.

The others, I don't give a flying shit about.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jimbo

APB.  I would have thought a GTA style MMO (kinda) from the makers of Crackdown would have generated more interest.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By Dalai

I'll give you Borderlands.  I'm digging that art style and that could be the sleeper hit of the year.