True that cant resell bundled games that came with the system?

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

True that cant resell bundled games that came with the system? i heard someone say it from the internet and he is only one guy. need someone else to confirm it. this question is for all 3 major home consoles.

particularly ive got my eyes on the walmart ps3 bundle clank/big planet 2 but i dont really want to keep the game. clank was a very great game when i was playing on ps2 days. never played next gen clank, dont feel like it. big planet 2 is popular but dont want to keep it. i want to resell and save for sc5 or kof 13.

so is it true that we cant resell bundled games? is the copy different from the standard? does it says not for resell on the disc itself?

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By ZenaxPure

Like selling them to a store such as gamestop? How would they ever know the differences of where the game came from. If you mean like refunding it at walmart, then no, you probably can't do that.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Most times those games in the bundle will be included in a packaging that is not for retail sale.

You could, however, sell it on eBay, Amazon, or any other 3rd party service provided that you specifically mention that it came from the bundle.

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

@Zenaxzd said:

Like selling them to a store such as gamestop? How would they ever know the differences of where the game came from. If you mean like refunding it at walmart, then no, you probably can't do that.

like sell it at ebay, amazon ect.... can we do that? is it even the same copy from a stand alone copy? or it will have "do not resell" on the disc?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Depends who you are selling it to.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BraveToaster

You can sell it at a Gamestop. But you can get a refund for part of a bundle lol.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

It depends on which store you trade them in. Best Buy, for instance, will take any game regardless of whether the UPC matches theirs or not. As long as it's the same game and plays exactly like any of the other copies.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Dagbiker

I don't know the law behind it, but i think your supposed to sell everything you got when you opened the box. essentially everything you got with the system must go with the game including the controller, the xbox? and the power cord. but there is no way they will track you down so don't worry about it.

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

@Dagbiker said:

I don't know the law behind it, but i think your supposed to sell everything you got when you opened the box. essentially everything you got with the system must go with the game including the controller, the xbox? and the power cord. but there is no way they will track you down so don't worry about it.

are you saying the disc have something different from the normal copy? what i really want to know if it have different cosmetic stuff like stickers on disc saying "do not resell" something like that. if it does not then i can feel safe to sell at ebay, amazon.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By nintendoeats

@AnnouncerGXZ: Dude. Nobody will EVER care. EVER.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Jimbo

You can sell it, sticker or no sticker. First-sale Doctrine trumps stickers.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By GreggD

Considering I've bought like five different console-bundled games (JSRF/Sega GT 2002, etc.), I think it's safe to say that Gamestop doesn't give an eff.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ajamafalous

Holy shit, you still exist?

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By jkuc316

@AnnouncerGXZ: Yes, you might some Games saying at the back "Not for resale"

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By tourgen

once you own something you are free to do with it as you wish. That's what owning something means. In the case of copyrighted works, as Jimbo said, First Sale Doctrine covers it. Yes you can sell it. That doesn't necessarily mean someone will value it the same as a standard copy of the game tho if it has a different label, stickers, or whatever on it.