Trying to get a game onto the Twitch Database via GiantBomb

NyameDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello all, I wanted to check here to see if anyone has further information about this:

I am trying to get a game that my studio has been developing (Serpent Showdown!) listed in the GiantBomb database, in order to stream on Twitch (as all game categories on Twitch are pulled from the GB database). I submitted a new game page listing but, as I am a new member to the community, my page has to be manually accepted by GiantBomb before it goes live.

I just want to make sure I've gone about this the right way. Am I missing a step in the page creation process? How frequently do Moderators go through new page requests to verify them? Trying to also get a sense of timeline for this process.

-NyameDev

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@nyamedev:

you'll have to check but I'm not sure Twitch still uses Giant Bomb's wiki for a database anymore

last year Twitch bought IGDB to bring the database stuff in house

https://venturebeat.com/2019/09/19/twitch-acquires-igdb/

I thought they had switched, but maybe they haven't yet or don't intend to

Might be worth confirming with Twitch, so that you get the results you are looking for.

That being said, GB mods are usually pretty fast at approving or disapproving wiki submissions at least when I've made pages. If you haven't gotten an answer they are probably just been busy. I'm sure Covid19 etc has complicated their workflow as it has everyone else's.

If you don't get a response/feedback from a mod in a day or so, I'd suggest clicking on "click here" text under "contact the moderators" in the right column of the wiki board. That will send a private message to the mods as a group

or you can follow this link and it will take you to the same spot

good luck with your game!

NyameDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NyameDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sent a follow up email to the Mods and got approved within a few hours! Thanks everyone!