Trying to recover an Xbox Account, any luck/tips?

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

Anybody ever have luck recovering an account for their 360?

So, I've had my 360 since...07 I think? Anyway, I've played it here and there on and off, mostly for Rock Band. I went to hook up my Rock Band gear this weekend for old time's sake. Anyway, due to some updates, I had to reverify my account and such.

Unfortunately, the email I used to create the account was my college email, which is long gone since I graduated almost 11 years ago now. I tried to recover it through their steps, but every time I'm denied.

Normally, I wouldn't really care...but I have a lot of Rock Band DLC, and for some reason, some of it lets me play it, and other songs are locked because I'm not logged in.

Any tips on how to remedy this situation, if it's even possible?

petesix0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mightyduck: Method of payment and identifying transactions might be a good angle for a way of verifying ID if you have records of card payments or something similar, but based on my admittedly distant memories of recovering an older MS account, losing the email is not good for you. Might be a long shot, have you/considered contacting them on social media?

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MightyDuck

@petesix0: unfortunately back then I always bought prepaid point and live cards instead o having my card in the system. Ill give their Twitter account a shot. Good suggestion that can't hurt.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang, after 3 different tweets at Xbox Support on 3 separate days, I appear to be out of luck.

If I just made a new account on that 360, would I then maybe able to access the stuff I bought...or is that locked behind the primary account? I honestly don't remember how any of that works on the 360.