UK - 3DS for Vita trade-in

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By markini6

Just a quick heads-up for anyone trading in their 3DS for the Vita. Gamestation are offering to price the Wi-fi Vita at £99.99 if you trade in your 3DS, essentially offering you £130 for it. I went today to my local branch to trade in my 3DS games (before a potential increase in supply and therefore lower trade-in value) and they were offering ridiculous(ly good) prices for the games.

I was offered:

• £25 for Ocarina of Time
  • £32(!) for Super Mario 3D Land
  • £30 for Mario Kart 7

Crazy. Bastards.

Just thought I'd let people know, if there are others thinking of doing the same thing. Sorry for posting in general discussion, didn't know whether to to post in the Vita or 3DS forums so I opted for the third option.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By TehFlan

Trade in my 3DS? Don't be crazy, man.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Chop

It's like you're making money!

Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By optimusprime223

Not a bad deal. Will just piss me off when I walk in the next day and see those games selling new at 39.99 and the pre-owned ones going for 37.99 or whatever. Anyone who buys the pre-owned in that instance is a dumbass. Still, good prices...

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By shaunk

What a smart trade considering how last generation of handhelds played out.

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By markini6

@MasturbatingestBear: I'm under no illusions, it's not like I think that the Vita will be an inrcedible success or that the 3DS is a poor console. All I did was make a list of the games that I'd want that are coming out for each system, and the Vita had more. Apart from Nintendo titles, there was only Snake Eater that I wanted for the 3DS, and that's coming out on Vita with two other games thrown in. I'm not a fan of the circle pad pro, and more and more games seem to be wanting to implement it. Hence, I decided to trade in the 3DS and its games and get the Vita for almost nothing. As soon as they revise the 3DS hardware and implement a second analogue stick, I'll come running back.

However, my wallet trembles at the thought of Nintendo announcing a new Pokémon game at E3.

I'm only a little bit ashamed of that last sentence.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Scooper

Wow. That is actually really good. A Gamestation is opening in my town soon. I'll check 'em out.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Contrarian

But then you would have no 3DS, Zelda or Mario. No thanks. I will just get the PSV at the cheapest price and keep my 3DS and games.