Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club voting thread for cycle starting 1/31/2022

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello and thanks for your interest in the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club. If you don't know what it is you can see more about the Game Club here. There is also where you can suggest games for future cycles, though this current vote will stay with the games listed below.

There is still time to play the current game, The Pedestrian, before the spoilers open up on the morning of January 31.

To vote in this thread simply list your top two choices with one labeled choice 1 and the other labeled choice 2. Choice 1 gets 3 points and choice 2 gets 1 point. The game with the highest point count wins. If there is a tie then I will break it, but I will not be voting otherwise.

You can vote even if you have not participated in the Game Club (and voting does not obligate you to participate but we ask that you not vote if you have no interest in participating) and you do not need to vote to participate in this or future cycles. You are also free to vote for games you are interested in and not participate if that game does not win, though it's more fun if people are willing to try games they may not be initially interested in. To avoid "ballot stuffing" I may, at my discretion, throw out the votes from new accounts that don't have prior posting histories on this site, though if one or two people create new accounts to vote that's fine (provided you do not have another pre-existing account.)

Voting will close on the morning of January 31, 2022 when the next game will be announced. I will tabulate the votes then so you may change your vote at any time prior by editing your post. Please do not make multiple voting posts in this thread, though discussion is encouraged. You can feel free to campaign for the game you want to win and make arguments why it is the best choice.

If any game receives three or more votes (first or second place) it will be included in the voting for the next cycle. Any game that is nominated but doesn't receive 3 votes will not be eligible for the next cycle but can be re-nominated in future cycles.

All the nominated games this week are holdovers from last week but only votes in this week's thread will count.

NOMINATED GAMES:

Kill it with Fire (First person action game, approx 3 hours long)

Superliminal (First person puzzle game, approx 3 hours long)

Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (2D Metroidvania, approx 6 hours long.)

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Lodoss
2. Superliminal

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

At the risk of overloading the club with 3 puzzlers in a row:

1. Superliminal
2. Lodoss

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

1. Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth

2. Kill It with Fire

I looked up Nobody Saves the World and Broken Age but they overshoot our desired time to beat. Hopefully we get some fresh short games in February or I’ll need to scan the whole list.

HeelBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Lodoss

2. Super liminal

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this was an easy one. Lodoss wins and will be the next game. Meanwhile Superliminal survives to the next round of nominations. This is definitely a larger fall off in voters than I was expecting/hoping for but thanks to those who did take the time to vote. We'll see how the process evolves from here.

donutello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By donutello

edit: i didn't notice voting ended before I wrote my pick, sorry

yyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By yyninja

Ditto.

@bigsocrates There is a visibility problem. I don't check the site often enough and only glance at threads on the main page. I didn't see this voting thread until now, but would have picked 1. Lodoss and 2 Superliminal anyways.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven’t been voting, but I’ve played through both Gorogoa and The Pedestrian and I’m excited for a change of pace with Record of Lodoss War.

Hopefully this keeps going.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htr10: Unless something big changes in my life it will keep going as long as there are other people interested in it. There will be attrition from people who find they don't have the time or they just don't want to have other people voting on what they want to play, but if there's a core group who's enjoying it I will keep it running. It doesn't take a lot of work from my end. Maybe 30-45 minutes a week. And I enjoy doing it and I enjoy playing the games and I enjoy the discussion.