Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club voting thread for cycle starting 5/17/2022

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bigsocrates  Online

Note: Sorry this went up late and will have abbreviated voting. In addition I rolled over all the games from the last time because they all got votes and my original plan of dropping games assumed more voters than we have. I've changed the rules to retain a game as long as it gets a vote for now, we'll see how it goes.

Hello and thanks for your interest in the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club. If you don't know what it is you can see more about the Game Club here. There is also where you can suggest games for future cycles, though this current vote will stay with the games listed below.

To vote in this thread simply list your top two choices with one labeled choice 1 and the other labeled choice 2. Choice 1 gets 3 points and choice 2 gets 1 point. The game with the highest point count wins. If there is a tie then I will break it, but I will not be voting otherwise.

You can vote even if you have not participated in the Game Club (and voting does not obligate you to participate but we ask that you not vote if you have no interest in participating) and you do not need to vote to participate in this or future cycles. You are also free to vote for games you are interested in and not participate if that game does not win, though it's more fun if people are willing to try games they may not be initially interested in. To avoid "ballot stuffing" I may, at my discretion, throw out the votes from new accounts that don't have prior posting histories on this site, though if one or two people create new accounts to vote that's fine (provided you do not have another pre-existing account.)

Voting will close on the morning of May 17, 2022 when the next game will be announced. I will tabulate the votes then so you may change your vote at any time prior by editing your post. Please do not make multiple voting posts in this thread, though discussion is encouraged. You can feel free to campaign for the game you want to win and make arguments why it is the best choice.

If any game receives at least one vote (first or second place) it will be included in the voting for the next cycle. Any game that is nominated but doesn't any votes votes will not be eligible for the next cycle but can be re-nominated in future cycles.

NOMINATED GAMES:

Telling Lies (FMV investigation game, somewhat hard to explain but based around asking questions to try and figure out a central mystery, approx 4 hours long)

Carrion (Alien slime creature Metroidvania focused on puzzle solving and traversal challenges. Approx 4.5 hours long.)

Paradise Killer (3D investigation/visual novel game set in a psychadelic paradise at the end of the world. Approx 14 hours long.)

Trek to Yomi (Samurai action game with 3D exploration and 2D combat. Approx 4.5 hours long)

Olija (Cinematic action platformer with a dark story and an equal mix of combat/platforming. Approx 4.5 hours long.)

Procession to Calvary (Monty Python stylized 2D adventure game with lots of absurd humor. Approx 2.5 hours long.)

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Trek to Yomi

2. Procession to Cavalry

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bigsocrates  Online

Thanks for voting @noboners. I'm going to leave the voting open until this evening just to give people a chance since I posted the thread late, but I'm glad to at least have a game for the next cycle even if nobody else votes.

donutello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

1. Olija

2. Procession to Cavalry

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bigsocrates  Online

Thanks @donutello. Given that we have a tie for first place I think we're going to go with Trek to Yomi because it's a newer game that fewer people may have played and because @noboners has been super eager to do it since before it was released.

cyrribrae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cyrribrae

I know I'm swooping in late here, but I'd vote for Procession to Cavalry over those 2 games ^^. Also, now I have to find the Exo One thread... But TtY is fine too.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bigsocrates  Online

@cyrribrae: Sorry I had closed the voting and at some point it's necessary to just post the next game so people know what's going on. Feel free to vote in future polls, to suggest games in the main thread or, it appears you are starting your own version somewhere else so you can also do that (or both if you're ambitious!)

donutello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: Hey if I can i would like to give (hopefully helpful) feedback: I almost didn't find this voting thread in time and realize something - it wasn't in The Community Spotlight.

The post about Exo One was there, but this one came like just after the spotlight so it became a little bit invisible. At least from my experience i think it's just a bit too hard to find without that.

I'm thinking that shifting the current time window for every club game just so there will be The Community Spotlight in between the start of the voting and the deadline, then a lot more people will see it in time. And the discoverability for new duders would be much easier

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bigsocrates  Online

@donutello: Yeah it's supposed to go up Wednesday/Thursday before the end of the current cycle. I just screwed this one up. So that's on me. But when I put it up in time @zombiepie and @marino have always kindly included it so I just need to be more consistent.

donutello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: oh ok, i totally understand.

I think that the 14 day window doesn't have to be unalterable, so if you need/want to extend it sometimes for the purpose of being on the next Spotlight for example, i don't think anybody would have a problem with that. Forums are pretty active so (at least my) habit of occasional look at 'the lastest from forums' on the main page unfortunately isn't reliant for keeping track with voting in time