Upcoming: Video Games Are Metal "VGAM"

Fenrir085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Fenrir085

I while back I decided to start working on a web-series for gamers called "VGAM" or "Video Games Are Metal". It would have game walkthroughs & guides, reviews, developer interviews, and achievement & trophy guides for the 360, PS3, and WoW. The series is still quite young but I am still in need of people to help me out (mostly co-hosts). Once everything is ready, the series would either be posted on YouTube, Vimeo, and/or BlogTV as a live video podcast. Don't worry my friends I'll keep you up-to-date with the info of my upcoming web-series. Until my next blog...

Fenrir085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Fenrir085

I while back I decided to start working on a web-series for gamers called "VGAM" or "Video Games Are Metal". It would have game walkthroughs & guides, reviews, developer interviews, and achievement & trophy guides for the 360, PS3, and WoW. The series is still quite young but I am still in need of people to help me out (mostly co-hosts). Once everything is ready, the series would either be posted on YouTube, Vimeo, and/or BlogTV as a live video podcast. Don't worry my friends I'll keep you up-to-date with the info of my upcoming web-series. Until my next blog...

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ozzdog12

Dude im game, just PM me some info

Fenrir085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fenrir085

Awesome, but like I said. the series is still very young, too young to start posting anything. but once i have more info I'll send a PM your way.

Corpsegrinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Corpsegrinder

Needs more metal. Will there be metal? I'm working on something very similar as you are. I'm lacking resources however. Such as a video camera. Now are you seriously considering this to be a live show? Because pre-recorded and live are two different ball games. Doing a live show requires a lot more equipment. Or so I've been told.

Fenrir085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fenrir085
@Corpsegrinder: oh yeah!!! there will definitely be a crap load of metal, and my plan was to start off as a podcast with game interviews and reviews, then work my way up to video. whenever it gets to video I would also like to have guest metal bands to put on a show at the end of each episode.
Corpsegrinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Corpsegrinder

Now that's some good thinking. But getting a band to do a live show can probably prove pretty difficult. The only shows that come to mind that can actually do that are late night shows and The Henry Rollins show. I see what you're gunning for. That's pretty awesome. Kudos to you!

Fenrir085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fenrir085
@Corpsegrinder: thanks, I knew that it would be very difficult to get live bands, but I'm sure underground (upcoming) metal bands would be more than happy to do a show or two. But I can dream for bands like Ozzy or Metallica to do shows, but that won't happen. lol
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Sure I might wanna be part of it. Was listening to some Nasum and Nails earlier today.

Fenrir085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fenrir085
@ThePhantomnaut: is that a band? I've never heard of them. and I welcome any help that is offered.
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By napalm

As a huge metal enthusiast, this sounds like a terrible show, and the name is fucking stupid. I'm sorry, just being honest. Use that name if you want to perpetuate the image that all metal fans are 14 year-olds with angst issues and who adore Slipknot and Korn.

Fenrir085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fenrir085
@Napalm: I understand your opinion and respect it. but I assure you I'm not 14 (I'm actually 24) and a huge fan of black metal and folk metal, bands like Burzum, Mayhem, Gorgoroth, Dimmu Borgir, Finntroll, Amon Amarth, the list goes on. and for the record, what made you think we were into korn and slipknot?
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By napalm
@Fenrir085: It's a bad idea to name your show "Videogames Are Metal" is what concerns me. As a metal enthusiast, I'd stay away from your show if it was named that. I'd pick something more neutral, or do some more word ideation and come up with a better name.
Fenrir085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fenrir085
@Napalm: thank you for the advice, I guess the name is kinda crappy, but its all I could think of at the time. I'm sure I would come up with a better name in the future.
Corpsegrinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Corpsegrinder

Names are usually one of the hardest things to come up with. Just like naming a band.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By napalm
@Corpsegrinder said:
" Names are usually one of the hardest things to come up with. Just like naming a band. "
Indeed. I'm just trying to get him to stay away from the whole, "YEAH, METAL BRO! CRUSH AND KILL, MAN. METAL!" attitude.
Fenrir085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fenrir085
@Napalm: thanks for that, the last thing I want is to look like a poser. lol
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@Fenrir085 said:
" @ThePhantomnaut: is that a band? I've never heard of them. and I welcome any help that is offered. "
Well Nails (guessing you were asking that) is an Entombed-sounding/hardcore punk band from Los Angeles. Sort of new (2008) and released their second EP, Unsilent Death. No MySpace though.
Fenrir085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fenrir085
@ThePhantomnaut: ah, well punk is not my kind of music. as you may have noticed I usually listen to metal, bands that hail mostly from Scandinavia.
laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By laticsfan

This thread needs more Turisas 

Fuck Yeah!!!!
 Fuck Yeah!!!!
Back on topic, I look forward to seeing the outcome and good luck.
Fenrir085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fenrir085
@Laticsfan: DUDE!!!!! VIKINGS!!!!!!!!! *High Fives*
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@Fenrir085 said:

" @ThePhantomnaut: ah, well punk is not my kind of music. as you may have noticed I usually listen to metal, bands that hail mostly from Scandinavia. "

Nails is more metal dominant; aligns more with their early Swedish death metal influences. There are a lot of other great scenes out there though.
Fenrir085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fenrir085
@ThePhantomnaut: I'm sure there are.
Corpsegrinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Corpsegrinder
@Napalm said:
" @Corpsegrinder said:
" Names are usually one of the hardest things to come up with. Just like naming a band. "
Indeed. I'm just trying to get him to stay away from the whole, "YEAH, METAL BRO! CRUSH AND KILL, MAN. METAL!" attitude. "
That kind of attitude is for the Tapout and Metal Mulisha kiddies with giant lifted trucks. We refer to them as bros over here (West Coast).  I find them to be a disease.

On another note keep an eye out for the new Nevermore and Keep of Kalessin album.
Fenrir085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fenrir085
@Corpsegrinder: I will thanks.