User Voting For 2010's Game of the Year Begins... Now!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#151  Edited By csl316
@Nes said:
"

LIST COMPLETE

"
Brilliant and accurate list.  I might need to steal it.
MrXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#152  Edited By MrXD

got 11...errr...i mean 10..

McDunkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#153  Edited By McDunkin

I made a list.

I wish I had made time to play Nier since it seemed crazy but oh well!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cbd3a5285f1e
deactivated-5cbd3a5285f1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Go ahead. Bash me.

Best of 2010

beeryayghost: Best of 2010

1. Mass Effect 2

Every thing about this game is perfect. P.E.R.F.E.C.T. Except planet scanning. Fuck that.

2. Alan Wake

This game deserved way more props than it got. Remedy crafted the best atmosphere Ive seen in a game ever. Really disappointed this wont get a sequel.

3. Super Meat Boy

FUCK. THIS. GAME. But I love it.

4. Bayonetta

This game was crazy as tits. And I loved every minute of it. This is the ONLY way to make a character action game these days.

5. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Sam Fisher is a bad ass motherfucker. And I felt like one while playing this game.

6. Super Street Fighter IV

STREET FIGHTER. WITH MORE CHARACTERS. AND MODES. AND JURI. A PERSON I ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO USE.

7. Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

I grew up with Pokemon. And I will not stop buying these games. Why? THEY ARE MAD AWESOME. Okay, maybe thats the ten year old in me, but I will always love these games. But they need to start evolving.

8. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game

I am a Scott Pilgrim fanboy. And when I played this game, I creamed my schoolgirl panties because it was so good. But gosh darn hard by myself.

9. Final Fantasy XIII

I dont care what you guys say about this game. I absolutely adored it. Especially the combat. Suck it.

10. Game Dev Story

I spent eight hours on this iOS game. Crazy, right? Damn addictive.

mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By mithhunter55
@Archangel0713 Yehh eh.. So my list is mass effect 2 and starcraft 2. Other then that it's all been indie games. Oh super meat boy too.
durog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

helios1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By helios1337
mrjared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By mrjared
AcciDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By AcciDante

You guys know minecraft is only in beta, right?

Robopengy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Robopengy

I had to look at a list of games that came out to do this :P

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#163  Edited By Lobster_Ear

I've just realized that I haven't even played 10 games from 2010. The most I can think of is four.

jpete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By jpete
MasterKickface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By MasterKickface
1. Mass Effect 2

Only game this year I played twice and am still not done with.

2. Red Dead Redemption

Best DLC of the year as well with Undead Nightmare.

3. Alan Wake

Best atmosphere in a game by far. I hope Remedy gets a chance to make Alan Wake 2.

4. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

I got to stab a dude in the face and was all like "uh uh uh uh uh..."

5. Fallout: New Vegas

It is a broken game, but a broken game I sunk 65 hours into.

6. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse

Got to give it up to Telltale for making point-and-click adventure games in 2010 and for them being SO DAMN GOOD.

7. Super Mario Galaxy 2

Most pure fun game of the year. I wish they still made more games like this.

8. Heavy Rain

Unlike any other game I have every played (except maybe their last game Indigo Prophecy), David Cage's interactive movie really had me thrilled to the very end.

9. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

I wanted to add at least one downloadable game to my list, so I picked the one with the biggest ghost train.

10. Just Cause 2

Grappling hook parachute. That is all I need to say.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#167  Edited By Hailinel
@Zippedbinders said:
" @Hailinel  Not sure if it means anything, but aside from Samurai Warriors and Birth By Sleep (both of which I've never played) that's a pretty great list. S&P2 especially. "
Thanks.  And yeah, Sin & Punishment 2 is a great game.  So much stuff to shoot!  And those bosses get utterly ridiculous.
jtmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lazershow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Lazershow

I must be too drunk if I tired to vote yet got lost in the middle on whether I had already voted for that game aready or not.   Or FAULT IN THE SYSTEM!!???

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#170  Edited By ADAMWD

Best of 2010

1. Mass Effect 2

ME2 is the game of the year because it has everything you want in a great Action-RPG. A quality story, awesome characters, superb dialogue, an inventive game world, and exciting missions. This game is damn near perfect.

2. Super Meat Boy

Super Meat Boy can be so incredibly hard and frustrating but it keeps you coming back death after death. The structure and design of the game perfectly compliment its style and heavily contribute to it being one of the best platformers ever made.

3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

While not a true sequel by name, AC: Brotherhood is at it's core a true AC game with a lot more content packed in. It offers a whole new story with a TON of things to do around Rome that keeps it from ever getting repetitive. The multiplayer won't keep you dedicated like Call of Duty or Halo, but it is a quite fresh and unique experience.

4. Limbo

Limbo is an excellent quasi-platformer game that isn't very long, but offers a dark, atmospheric experience that shouldn't be missed.

5. Red Dead Redemption

Red Dead Redemption is a "Western GTA" with arguably a better story and cast of characters. For me, the story lagged in the middle and took a while to finish only because I didn't feel compelled to play it for more than an hour or so at a time. The world has an incredible feel to it though, even if the side missions and activities aren't all that fun.

6. Fallout: New Vegas

Fallout: New Vegas is admittedly a bit clunky, but is still a vastly enjoyable Western-RPG game. There are a lot more missions than it's predecessor and a deeper element of characters and player influence throughout the game world that encourage repeated playthroughs.

7. Call of Duty: Black Ops

A much better singleplayer mode than Modern Warfare 2, and a more balanced, still days long time consuming multiplayer paired with the addition of wager matches assure that Black Ops isn't left off this list.

8. Sid Meier's Civilization V

Perhaps the best game in the series and one of the best strategy games ever, Civilization V is simply put, a lot of fun. Games can easily last 5 hours and that time will fly by, leaving you wanting to start up a new game right away.

9. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future

The charming Professor Layton and his self-titled apprentice Luke return for another stellar puzzle game with a deep story and interesting world; Unwound Future is the best DS game this year.

10. BioShock 2

With fine-tuned combat mechanics, and the return of the dystopian aesthetic and gripping narrative of the original, BioShock 2 is a memorable experience that actually makes the first game even better.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#171  Edited By damswedon
Hunter_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Hunter_S

I had to use equations, statistics, and other science methods to arrive at my list.  I can't say I am happy with the results because science has no bias. 

Top 10 Most Best games of the year

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#173  Edited By HydraHam
Duecenage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Duecenage

Good thing I checked other people's lists. There were a couple of games I totally forgot about. Already edited this twice and I'm currently playing Enslaved, so it might go in for one more edit. The top 3 were easy. It was Deadly Premonition fighting it out to earn it's spot as my #4 of the year.

LIST

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#175  Edited By DrRandle
Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#176  Edited By Crono

Best of 2010

Crono: Best of 2010

1. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

StarCraft 2 had to be my top pick. While I didn't think much of the singleplayer that everyone seems to believe is some huge leap forward for singleplayer campaigns (hint: WarCraft 3 was way better as far as single player mechanics go - also, play the Rexxar missions if you haven't - they're amazing) but the multiplayer is EXHILARATING! Not since WarCraft 3 have I been so tense while playing a game. Some people might argue that is antithetical to the purpose of games but they couldn't be more wrong. StarCraft 2's multiplayer is so pulse-poundingly exhilarating, deep, fast and built upon skillful and masterful play that it is one of the few video games that I would consider as a candidate for being considered a 'sport' (see: chess). Enough can't be said about SC2's multiplayer - but forget words - the best way to understand what it is all about it by watching commentated matches where the excitement is generally taken to a whole new level as you get caught up in the commentator's excitement. Really, it doesn't get much better than this as far as multiplayer RTS goes.

2. Darksiders

It is hard to believe that Darksiders actually came out in 2010. January 5th, 2010 - it seems like forever ago when I think about Darksiders... Darksiders was a fun romp through a new IP. While the game isn't especially innovative with any one thing, the many parts that it 'borrows' from other games adds up into a very satisfying experience. The aesthetics are reminiscent of World of WarCraft, the game has combat not dissimilar to that of God of War and experience of "overworld to dungeon, overworld to dungeon, overworld..." is very reminiscent of classic adventure games ala the Zelda series circa 64 era. This is really a great game and I hope that not too many people forgot about it come time for lists.

3. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

I really didn't want to put this on my list but after playing through a large portion of the content - I had to. Blizzard has truly pioneered the MMO landscape and they are showing that they still have a lot to teach us about how to make interesting and involving MMO games. Cataclysm builds heavily on the 'phasing' that was introduced in Wrath of the Lich King and uses it to great effect. The phasing has allowed them to really make the story more involved as they can have Deathwing show up and have a scene happen that - if witnessed by other players - might spoil something for them. With the phasing however they have 'phased out' this problem so to speak. Parts of Azeroth will change for you as you play through the quests and it is really an awesome experience to see happen in an MMO. Barring that, the quests themselves feel so much more satisfying. A lot of thought and care went into recrafting WoW and it was certainly all for the better. The introduction of 2 new races is still a letdown for me as I'd much rather have a new class than a new race, personally, but the starting zones are both interesting and fun in their own ways (although I prefer the Goblins over the Worgen) Cataclysm doesn't launch with too much high-end content, really, but most of the resources have gone into recrafting the old world. I am extremely pleased with the way that this expansion turned out, it isn't as forward moving as Wrath was, but it is leaps and bounds better than Burning Crusade was.

4. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Bad Company 2 - I haven't touched the single player because that isn't what a DICE game is about. The multiplayer of BC2 was a lot more 'infantry' centric than most Battlefield games. The maps are much smaller than previous entries into battlefield and far less classes to choose from. DICE really did well in "focusing" the series more though, in my opinion. While there are only 4 classes to choose from now, it feels less convoluted. The classes in the game take on multiple roles of previous BF classes and it works surprisingly well. The combat felt ok but was heavily improved in the Vietnam expansion. It features progressive leveling that includes unlocks and each class has its own track that you level up, as well as an over-arching level that is capped at 50. Overall this game still creates many memorable moments that only seem to happen in Battlefield games. It is deep, fun, reflexive and chaotic - its Battlefield.

5. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is really all about the multiplayer as far as I am concerned. The action feels so intense as you and the other players aren't just racing - but escaping. When you're not busy trying to win a race and edge out the competition, you're busy trying to bust racers as the cops. Honestly, to me, this game feels like 'advocated griefing' kind of like Left 4 Dead, but with cars! The racers are the survivors and the police are the infected. Really, if you think of it that way, then you'll understand what NFS:HP is all about!

6. Super Meat Boy

Super Meat Boy was always great as a flash game (check out newgrounds.com) but I never had an controller to play with and it felt like it would be much better with one. Lo-and-behold it is true. Super Meat Boy is a super tight platformer that isn't afraid to put up punishingly hard obstacles in your way. I really enjoyed how the game hooked me in despite its harsh difficulty with interesting level designs, great music, and an ever-changing aesthetic; each of these elements really adds up with the tight controls to form a platformer that stands on its own in 2010.

7. Sid Meier's Civilization V

I had never played a Civilization game before. There, I said it. Being my first Civ game this was a great jumping-off point I'd like to think. The reason I say so is because many people complained about core features missing from this Civ game, cut out for one reason or another (like religion is one example, I believe) I was so overwhelmed by everything I was keeping track of and thinking about that I am glad those layers weren't there initially. This game is extremely addictive and I played many 200 turn games STRAIGHT THROUGH on standard settings when I first bought the game. Since then, I have gained some self-control (some...) but I am not ready for the missing pieces of Civ that weren't in this version. Give me religion! I want more! Amazingly fun and addictive game - great for control freaks!

8. Red Dead Redemption

John Marston - that alone should be reason enough to include this game on the list. To me it is, but just to add some depth. I really enjoyed the story of Red Dead, while the first edition in this franchise was a bland western game with a "meh" story, Redemption takes over the reigns and doesn't look back. To me, the choice of "Redemption" for the title has more to do with this series redeeming itself from its yesteryear version than it does with the story. The gameplay is fun and smooth, the characters bring the world to life, and the landscape is absolutely gorgeous. While it isn't a perfect game, it's the best western that I have yet played and it is a title that should stand for quite some time as it is a solid game in its own right too.

9. Fallout: New Vegas

I'm biased for Bethesda. I say a lot of bad shit about their games - and despite all that - I still play their buggy games! I just really enjoy the story lines a lot, I think. Or maybe not? I really don't know what it is that compels me to play these games because I am usually a multiplayer-centric gamer, but the open-world RPGs that Bethesda makes are great and New Vegas is no different. From the first time you step foot on the Vegas Strip or when you get that first town to really love (or hate) you... Vegas kept me coming back for more and more until it was over. I look forward to more quests in the add-ons. I'm a sucker for this stuff.

10. ModNation Racers

Although ModNation Racers was released with bugs and long load times (and still has some pretty bad load times) the game is solid and fun. There are near-limitless customization options available for players and this is one of ModNation's biggest points. You can customize everything from your driver, your car and even your own tracks. You can then upload and share your creations with the world or, if you're not the creative type, you can browse other people's works and download. Getting into online races is a painless ordeal and overall the game is a very fun but somewhat bland kart racer. I included it in my list, despite this blandness, because it was a game that I could share with my girlfriend.

Cuuniyevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#177  Edited By Cuuniyevo
@AcciDante:  Yeah, it's only in beta but the thing is that it will probably NEVER be released in a boxed retail fashion. Where do you draw the line? It is a fully functional game right now. More features can be added, and some things can be refined, but it is already more of a game than hundreds of others released this year. If Notch dropped the beta and called it Version 1.0 tomorrow, would you accept it?

Regardless of whether it is finished, the fact remains that it was released for sale and people started paying money for it starting in 2010 with the Alpha version.

Anyway, here's my list. =P
http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/cuuniyevo/best-of-2010/46-48372/
bmac732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By bmac732

Not a bad year for games.   

Best of 2010

bmac732: Best of 2010

1. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Does any game make you feel like more of a bad ass?

2. Super Meat Boy

Oh so difficult, but oh so rewarding. Meat Boy Avatar Award...nuff said.

3. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

I haven't had this much fun with a racing game in a long time. Great single and multi player! Autolog needs to be mandatory in all future racing games.

4. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

WoW improves yet again.

5. Sid Meier's Civilization V

Amazingly addictive game. Just one more turn.........

6. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Can Blizzard do wrong? Great campaign. I have no interest in the multiplayer, but I find crews discussions about the rest of the worlds obsession with this game to be fascinating.

7. Mass Effect 2

Sci-Fi storytelling at its finest.

8. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

My favorite first person shooter of the year. Multi player is where its at.

9. Heavy Rain

Groundbreaking, but flawed game. The killer is.....

10. Limbo

Amazing experience.

Avisole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Avisole

RDR.  For me, its probably the best game of this generation of consoles.

Wick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Wick

Best of 2010

Wick: Best of 2010

1. Mass Effect 2

This was the most fun I had in videogames for 2010. I love what they did with the series and this is what I want in a Bioware game. The only bad part is it came out so early in the year, 2010 peaked to early for me.

2. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

At the beginning of the year I seriously thought this was a multiplayer only game. That is coming from a guy who follows gaming on a regular basis. I loved what they did with it though and this game is truly the pinnacle of stabbing dudes.

3. Red Dead Redemption

John Marston is such a great character that I was willing to put up with a lot of jank to get through this game. With horse carriages straight out of an early 90s rap video, you know you are in for a treat.

4. Fallout: New Vegas

With Gamebryo and Obsidian I was prepared for the worst when I put in this game but 100 hours later I will try to convince you that the bugs are part of the charm.

5. Sid Meier's Civilization V

The one game on this list I am scared to play because I know once I start I will be up to 4 am trying to take out that asshole Ghandi.

6. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

I am not a multiplayer gamer but I still loved the storyline and Wing Commander esque missions. I can't wait to see what they do with the zerg. The only question is will I remember what happened in 3 years.

7. Just Cause 2

Playing this game is like getting down on some Hot Pockets. You know they are awful for you but they are so easy to make and delicious.

8. Out of the Park Baseball 11

I really got into baseball this year and this is my personal choice when I feel the need to nerd out. DAMN YOU GREINKE HOW DO YOU KEEP LOSING AND SOMEHOW HAVE A 2.3 ERA/3.1 FIP!

9. Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

I am with Ryan this is just the right amount of Dead Rising for me.

10. Deadly Premonition

I actually played this with the Endurance Run. I spent alot of time with it and I really enjoyed the Endurance Run. Notice I am avoiding saying anything about the game. ERs are pretty great.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By fjordson
@WinterSnowblind said:
Mass Effect was much more refined and solid all the way through. "
Incorrect. 

Red Dead Redemption or bust!
Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Tsukiyomi
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I think an inherent problem with user top ten lists is that a good portion of players either haven't played ten games all the way through this year or have played ten games, but knows that there are better games out there and the games they have played do not deserve to be their top ten lists.

Nevertheless, I will do my best to come up with a top ten list like I did last year.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By kraznor
kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By kraznor
@afrocod said:
" Wow that is hard... i guess these in some kind of order, couldn't be bothered working that out yet.. Maybe this will jog people's memory of some of the stuff that came out... Anywho, in no particular order:  Mass Effect 2 God Of War III Super Street Fighter IV Red Dead Redemption Limbo Halo Reach Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Pac Man CE DX Call of Duty: Black Ops  Damn, I've only got 9... "
Do your part, add Deadly Premonition to your list to fill in that tenth spot. Really, what harm could it possibly do?
coruptai125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#187  Edited By coruptai125

Definitive list right here 

Best of 2010

CoruptAI125: Best of 2010

1. Mass Effect 2

Tali FTW!

2. Deadly Premonition

So Says Mr. Stewart!

3. Heavy Rain

NAYHMAN JAYDEN...F.B.I!!!

4. Fallout: New Vegas

Patrolling the Mojave!!

5. Call of Duty: Black Ops

The CODES!!!

6. Red Dead Redemption

I'm Here to capture, or kill Bill Whilliamson...FTW!!!

7. Bayonetta

Cheshire is a Boss!

8. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

RASEN-SHURIKEN!!!

9. Breath of Death VII

Can't you tell i'm a Skeleton!

10. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

WTF is up with the ending!

hpv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By hpv
@Laketown said:
" NIER NIER NIER  nier nier nier  go Nier! (NIER IS NUMBAH 1) "
Hahahahaha! Hilarious!
kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#189  Edited By kalmis

I thought I hadn't played enough 2010 titles first. My list, it has 5 indie games on it \m/

Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Tsukiyomi
@Kraznor: 

I see Amnesia is on your list.

RESPECT!
skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By skunk

Needs moar Monster Hunter love

SAS_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By SAS_Falcon

I managed to put around 6-7 in (before ordering). After that I had to spend 15 minutes in memory lane trying to remember games that I actually found decent (I'm somewhat of a picky gamer)

Anyways,  Here is my 2010 top 10  

EDIT: There are undoubtedly others I would put in there, but they are either only in the 11-15 category or were released late 2009 (e.g. Arkham Asylum).

yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By yoctoyotta
@DarkDude said:
" 10 games came out this year? I'm stumped after 5.  Been a very long year and i have a very bad memory :P "
Stumped after 5? Man, I'm having a bitch tough time narrowing my down list to 10! So many good games this year.
RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By RuthLoose

This is my titillatingly surprising list for 2010. 

My 2010 Top 10

zameer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#196  Edited By zameer

Nice Big Rigs reference lol

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By fentonalpha

I worry for games that came out early in the year, easily forgotten when CoD November hits. ME2 seems to be holding up though.

mm665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By mm665
Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#200  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Im pretty sure Mass Effect 2 will win GOTY.