Userscript to hide "In This Episode" list of games

hargrimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I've read in video comments several times that people would like to be surprised by the games that get played in shows like UPF or Jeff's old games streams, so I put together a little Javascript to hide that list by default. It puts a little toggle there instead, so you can choose to view the list if you want to go to any of the wiki pages. Install from here using a browser extension like Tampermonkey.

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By rocketblast0063

If you use uBlock Origin for Firefox or Chrome you can right click the box you want to block and click "Block Element".
As an alternative and if you don't generally trust browser extensions.

hargrimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This allows you to toggle showing and hiding a lot easier than editing uBlock filters; I guess if you never want to see the list just blocking it entirely will handle the issue. But I sometimes want to be able to quickly open up the wiki page or copy the name of a game, so I prefer not completely deleting the whole element.

And you can see the entire source of the userscript when you install it, so a basic knowledge of Javascript will show it's not doing anything complicated or nefarious :) One reason I like userscripts more than single-purpose extensions which are more opaque to the user.