Variable Watch Speed for Videos

Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I did a search for this but didn't find anything so....

I've started watching YouTube videos at 1.5x speed. It's still easy to follow and the videos are much shorter so I can fit in a little more than I would otherwise. When I go to watch a premium GB video, everything seems SO SLOW now.

Is there anything in the works for the native GB video player to add variable speed playback, @rorie ?

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I've started watching YouTube videos at 1.5x speed. It's still easy to follow and the videos are much shorter so I can fit in a little more than I would otherwise. When I go to watch a premium GB video, everything seems SO SLOW now.

I feel like this is a chilling story that has effectively ensured that I'll never play around with playback speed in any of my own video viewing.

No current plans to add that to our player.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By szlifier

When you watch something on the site, open the dev console (F12), paste the following code and press enter.

$('video')[0].playbackRate = 1.5

P.S. Yep, stop doing it now, before it's too late.

Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jeff said:
@bratcher_lev said:

I feel like this is a chilling story that has effectively ensured that I'll never play around with playback speed in any of my own video viewing.

No current plans to add that to our player.

Too bad Quests aren't a thing anymore, or else I'd finally knock out that "Have a staff member comment on your post" one.

@szlifier said:

When you watch something on the site, open the dev console (F12), paste the following code and press enter.

$('video')[0].playbackRate = 1.5

P.S. Yep, stop doing it now, before it's too late.

Oh man, you are officially my enabler now. The speed man.

The SPEED.

greylion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@bratcher_lev: If you use chrome, Video Speed Controller is a great extension. You can increase and decrease the playback speed of a video with a keyboard shortcut and you can go up to 16x speed.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

This seems like the first step toward the future of just downloading the knowledge into our brains.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I'm going to find a mentor to teach me to have the mental capacity to watch at x5. My current mentor says the mind can't take speeds over 4x, but i feel like i'm a special kind of person that is destined to safe the world over and over. Only side effect of going up to 4x is this weird red aura around me.