• 42 results
rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By rpgee

That's still a hell of a lot of money, but this is still good news for us. I'm very much done with having to pay $80 dollars for a new game at most retailers, and this is one very acceptable step away from that.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Crysack

@troll93 said:

The Australian is reporting that microsoft has stated that the xbox one will cost $599 in Australia. This is a whole lot better than the $800/$900 all the retailers were estimating. It is still $100 more than the US, but we are getting a more decent deal than we used to get, and honestly about a 20% increase is a more acceptable increase, and perhaps justifiable with the higher prices here. This is a good day to be an Australian gamer.

Here is a link to the story http://www.theaustralian.com.au/australian-it/xbox-one-to-face-off-ps4-at-christmas/story-e6frgakx-1226661616324

Are you kidding me? That's ludicrously overpriced in this day and age. Do yourself a favour and just build a PC instead.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Toxeia

So I was reading up on the pricing in the UK. It seems that the consensus was that the 429 pounds already included tax (Something about VAT?). Is it the same way in Australia? In the US we're looking at 540 with tax.

I hope that it does include tax already for you guys, seems ridiculous that prices are so disparate in 2013 just because of where you live.

@crysack It's not like PC parts aren't subject to the same inflation due to shipping or exchange rates.

D43M0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still a total horseshit price though; even though we're almost at the same price as the US, we're still getting a cut down version of it because half the advertised features simply won't be available or accessible in Australia.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

That's good news as we can pay up to double at times because our government doesn't really care too much about regulating prices. It only ever needs to be 10% more thanks to GST.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By BeachThunder

Sold!!

D43M0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By D43M0N

@troll93 said:

@d43m0n said:

Still a total horseshit price though; even though we're almost at the same price as the US, we're still getting a cut down version of it because half the advertised features simply won't be available or accessible in Australia.

See, I'm still on the fence. buy the time that the 360 ended, it had foxtel, abc, sbs (I think) and a couple of the free to airs right? They might completely fuck us over, or they might do decent by us,

I'm not going to gamble $600 on the off chance I can get to watch free-to-air channels slightly easier, now or five years into the lifecycle. If I had Foxtel, there's no guarantee that it'll work with it yet, nor am I going to screw around with proxys for Netflix when I can run a $20 HDMI cable into my TV and use a Chrome extension and get it that way. MS are advertising this as a home entertainment box, but in Australia it's going to end up being a gaming console, that's it. What they've shown games-wise is not enough to justify $600, sorry.

If I lived in the US and had cable, etc, I would be considering it. But currently? No fuckin' way.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a lot of money, I'm actually looking at upgrading my current PC for that much. I dislike (to put it mildly) the hike of tech prices in Australia despite the high dollar, there is little government regulation so companies can pick whatever price they can get away with.

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@troll93 said:

This is a g'day to be an Australian gamer.

Cleron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's pretty dam decent for Aus.

Darson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Darson

Five-hundred ninety-nine U.S.- I mean Australian dollars? Damn shame :/

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By shirogane

549 for the PS4 as well, that's pretty great. Neither of these being anywhere near the 1k they were last gen is great news.

i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By i69edUrGpa

To people saying that this is too much money, minimum wage is like 16 dollars an hour in Australia...IT'S NOT THE FUCKING SAME AS NORTH AMERICA, OUR DOLLAR VALUES DIFFER!!!!!!!!!

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

549 for the PS4 as well, that's pretty great. Neither of these being anywhere near the 1k they were last gen is great news.

Yep, definitely. I remember the PS4 being $999 at launch, it was insane.

The_Big_Rough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Big_Rough

Well guess they can go on the vita price drop list........or could just buy a GTX 780.....hmmm will sit on it

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Not paying $550 for something that should cost around $400 but I know which console I'm buying regardless. Sony has the exclusives I care about and the approach of a company who knows who they need to do right by.

The_Big_Rough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@troll93 said:

Added the official AUD price.

@i69edurgpa said:

To people saying that this is too much money, minimum wage is like 16 dollars an hour in Australia...IT'S NOT THE FUCKING SAME AS NORTH AMERICA, OUR DOLLAR VALUES DIFFER!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, if they would actually put out some real hard stats on how it really costs them 20%/30% more to sell in Australia, I would stop complaining about how much it costs. However, using the ps3 at lauch as a worse case example, it was almost 100% more, and they just said that costs are higher without any real statistics.

There is no hard stats its cause they can so they will

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

PS4 Day one.

No fucking doubt.

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By OGred

@toxeia said:

So I was reading up on the pricing in the UK. It seems that the consensus was that the 429 pounds already included tax (Something about VAT?). Is it the same way in Australia? In the US we're looking at 540 with tax.

I hope that it does include tax already for you guys, seems ridiculous that prices are so disparate in 2013 just because of where you live.

@crysack It's not like PC parts aren't subject to the same inflation due to shipping or exchange rates.

thanks dude, means a lot <3

one day in the not too distant future, australians will get treated as human beings.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@troll93 said:

PS4 Day one.

No fucking doubt.

Me too. I already have $500 set aside to buy it and I had made myself accepting of the idea of paying $800, so I'm happy.

Yeah, I was convinced it'd be $700. $549 is a steal for that box.

STABgaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By STABgaming

$649 / $749 for PS4 / XBox1 here in New Zealand (including 15% sales tax). Seems pretty reasonable. Was expecting a bigger currency difference. Considering the PS3 was over $1000 at launch, I might actually get a console at launch for the first time in my life.

Xavtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Xavtron

@i69edurgpa: Yeah our Dollar value is slightly different. The Australian Dollar is worth 94 cents American. This would put the PS4 at $425 not $550, even taking into account currency this seems like a fair hike to pay just to get the thing over here.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And holy fuck is it better than the $999 I paid for my PS3. I can buy a WII U black and a PS4 with the same amount of money i paid for the PS3.

I was expecting $799

you also have to remember the Australian price includes GST which the American price doesn't, however when you go to buy one in American in the vast majority of cases there will be sales tax. So really the Australian price is pretty OK.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So? What the hell does the minimum wage have to do with anything?

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inkerman said:

@i69edurgpa said:

The real exchange rate between America and Australia is quite poor (ie exchange between goods not currency). Just comapre the price of a Big Mac in both countries. There was no doubt that these consoles would be more expensive here, in fact I'm surprised they are as cheap as they are.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Fruitcocoa

The Xbox One is only 500 bucks more then the 360 was here in Sweden.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@inkerman said:

@i69edurgpa said:

Free tip: Don't study economics, or perhaps do.

Example: If you earn 1.5 times more and things cost 1.5 times more you actually pay relatively the same.

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I don't think those prices are too bad. I will end up getting both, the Xbox at launch (due to my preference in franchises) and the PS4 at some stage down the track.

Anything to make living in Canberra a bit more entertaining...

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have to cost more in Australia to offset the damages done to their inventory every summer when Australia turns into an inferno for a few months and everything melts. That happens right? Everything I know about Australia I learn from podcasts.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By devilzrule27

@nictel: People never seem to understand that the value of a dollar goes far beyond exchange rates.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By Dark

@hollitz said:

They have to cost more in Australia to offset the damages done to their inventory every summer when Australia turns into an inferno for a few months and everything melts. That happens right? Everything I know about Australia I learn from podcasts.

Yeh, I have to lockup my kangaroo and my backup joey in the unmelting shed out the back every summer. The first time you loose your kangaroo to the suns melting rays is the first time you end up late for work, wont go through the hassle of walking again thats for sure.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#48  Edited By Captain_Insano

I'm okay with the pricing for Aus. Better than expected. Our dollar is pretty much at parity, but given that as a teacher I get around $15k more here in Aus than they do on average in the USA, I'm not complaining.

I'm not much on 'console wars' anymore, not since I was a teenager, and will just get what best suits me, what games compel and generally end up with both. I tend to also wait for the first hardware revision.

That said, the PS4 does clearly have an advantage at the moment. I will be sold on the Xbox One if there is a decent deal with Foxtel as a 'cable' provider that mainly gives me access to their live sports. The current Foxtel on 360 app I haven't bothered with as it is a gimped version of what Foxtel actually is. All I care about is being able to watch NRL and A-League live, and the current app can't do that. If there was a decent and reasonable subscription price for Foxtel through ONE that wasn't gimped, it would be really compelling.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Fruitcocoa

Quick update from Sweden of the prices.

Xbox One costs 4495 Swedish Kronor, which is - 680 dollars

PlayStation 4 costs... 4495 Swedish Kronor, wich is - 680 dollars

Although, one outlet has the PS4 for 3695 Swedish Kronor, wich is 560 dollars.