VGA's sucked but announcements made me hyped.

• 69 results
Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By awesomeusername

Yes, it sucked balls. But Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Arkham City, Resistance 3, Portal 2, Elder Scrolls V and whatever other games were showed. I can't wait for these games. The Uncharted made me the most excited though. Which game you look forward to most?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NTM

Yeah it was terrible. I thought they were going to go through every nomination but they cut it short. And I thought they could have shown a bit more of the games that'll come out next year or 2012 like Dead Space 2, Gears 2, Crysis 2, and etc.
TJ311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By TJ311

the actual awards themselves were a joke. bad winners, horrible jokes but badass announcements

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joeybagad0nutz
@WR311 said:
"the actual awards themselves were a joke. bad winners, horrible jokes but badass announcements "
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Brendan

I'm neutral towards the show itself.  There were chuckles and cringes from me at times, but the anouncements were pretty awesome.
RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By RobotHamster

Uncharted 3!!!! 

Scalptre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Scalptre

I have to agree, after the epic opening the ceremonies went down hill. The announcements were awesome, but the rest lost its steam 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

I only caught the last couple of minutes but thankfully (I guess) they are showing the entire show again. Already gettin' kinda weird.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By jeanluc

The Jokes were awful but I do have to give them credit for the NBA Elite 11 joke.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Hamz

The VGAs have been, for the last few years at least, nothing more than an event to launch or announce the debut of an upcoming game. That's about it really.

PS3RG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PS3RG
@NTM said:
" Yeah it was terrible. I thought they were going to go through every nomination but they cut it short. And I thought they could have shown a bit more of the games that'll come out next year or 2012 like Dead Space 2, Gears 2, Crysis 2, and etc. "
Can't wait for Gears 2. I hear you get to play inside a giant worm! jk jk. But ya I wished they showed more.
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12  Edited By recroulette

I love how EA killed any hype for a new SSX game in one fell swoop.

DaManGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By DaManGB
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @WR311 said:
"the actual awards themselves were a joke. bad winners, horrible jokes but badass announcements "
"
God the jokes were painfully awkward. Also Niel winning best male performance was such BS.
Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Turtlefuzz

Awesome announcements that were put online right after the show.
That's two hours I'llnever get back.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#15  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I didn't watch the VGAs myself as I expected them to be terrible. The past few years they've been all flash and no substance, and I think it says a lot about the quality of the show how many people were tuning in for the announcements and couldn't have cared less about the awards. I still have to watch all the trailers and stuff but I must say the announcements sounded very exciting, for a while I was actually wondering whether it was going to be all hype on the announcement end but they delivered, or at least the publishers did.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By recroulette

I think the biggest announcements were Skyrim and 4-ZA

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By McGhee
@RecSpec: Do you mean the description they gave for the next SSX? Because it bummed me out too. I'll keep hoping anyway.
MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By MildMolasses
@Hamz said:
"The VGAs have been, for the last few years at least, nothing more than an event to launch or announce the debut of an upcoming game. That's about it really. "

Exactly. Anyone who watches that show for any other reason than the announcements/trailers is a fool. I don't know why they don't just put on an hour long special and just do the announcements as it would be a lot less embarassing and give its intended audience the only thing they care about
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By recroulette
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" @RecSpec: Do you mean the description they gave for the next SSX? Because it bummed me out too. I'll keep hoping anyway. "
It was crazy, in the Screened chat people were like YEAH SSX! 
After it was over there was just shock.
TJ311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TJ311
@RecSpec said:
" @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" @RecSpec: Do you mean the description they gave for the next SSX? Because it bummed me out too. I'll keep hoping anyway. "
It was crazy, in the Screened chat people were like YEAH SSX!  After it was over there was just shock. "
this
Avatar image for christiancastillo
ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Olivia Munn is still fucking sexy... that's all I got out of that shit show.

Voxatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Voxatron

INSANE, 2013 really?

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By recroulette

Also, I am fucking surprised that Jose Gonzalez actually performed.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By McGhee
@RecSpec:  
I had read the Kotaku article, but I just now watched the trailer. 

SSX was a fun series. The music, characters, the whole vibe was like a crazy snowboarding party. This crappy trailer looked like Call of Duty on snowboards. Why do game developers have to make so many games so goddamned serious?
TJ311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TJ311
@ChristianCastillo said:
" Olivia Munn is still fucking sexy... that's all I got out of that shit show. "
yea i miss her on AOTS and sad she wont be coming back
VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By VooDooPC

I'm surprised some of you were disappointed in this, I mean, it's MTV we are talking about, you were expecting something not horrible?

nachokicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nachokicks

it looks like 2011 going to be a great year...mass effect..elder scrolls..batman..uncharted... resistance...mortal kombat 
and these were just the games that were announced at the VGAs 

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mordukai

The only thing the VGA surprised me with was Elder Scrolls V. Pretty much all the other were announced days before the VGA...LMAO. They do it every year. Weeks before the VGA'S GT's Geoff Keighley twitters that the VGA will have great announcements and slowly they are all, or most, are announced before the VGA that by the time the VGA comes along we all know what's going to come. I will give them and Bethesda credit for keeping Elder Scrolls 5 secret for that long. 

wsowen02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By wsowen02

They mispronounced Mass Effect 2 at the end. 

Uncharted looked incredible.  Were Naughty Dogs the only ones to show gameplay?  I didn't watch all of it but the Uncharted trailer was th only one I saw that had gameplay.  Was really hoping to see some from Batman and ME3.

Lepton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lepton

Is it correct to say that the lowest grossing game won GOTY, that being Red Red Redemption?

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31  Edited By septim

I only watched a little bit. The jokes were pretty much in line with traditional "Award-show" humor. The audience was unresponsive which made it feel really awkward. It was so awkward that I turned it off after five minutes.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By recroulette

Description of SSX Deadly Descents from EA's site.

SSX Deadly Descents Game Info

Redefining the SSX franchise, SSX: Deadly Descentswill pit riders versus both mountain and man.  Players will explore the story of a team who seek to be the first to descend the faces of the most treacherous mountain ranges on the planet. The team will travel the world to face the worst that Mother Nature can throw at them. From the peaks of the Himalayas, where the air is so thin that riders have to descend through the death zone at breakneck speeds to keep from blacking out, to the solid ice ranges of Antarctica, where a sunlit line is the only survival option when temperatures drop 50 degrees centigrade in the shade.  And the mountain isn’t the only danger players will face.  In SSX: Deadly Descents the first goal is to survive. The second, in true SSX fashion, is to look good doing it.

The story...the story...Players will explore THE STORY...
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By Brians

Well I'm excited for ME3 hope its good.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#34  Edited By Raven10
@wsowen02 said:
" They mispronounced Mass Effect 2 at the end.  Uncharted looked incredible.  Were Naughty Dogs the only ones to show gameplay?  I didn't watch all of it but the Uncharted trailer was th only one I saw that had gameplay.  Was really hoping to see some from Batman and ME3. "
Resistance 3 had gameplay and Thor was all gameplay. Mass Effect and Batman were CG, as was Mortal Kombat, Elder Scrolls 5, Portal 2, SSX and Insane. Forza 4 may have had some gameplay mixed in. It was hard to tell. And Prototype 2 again, may have had gameplay, but I couldn't say one way or another.  Really just Resistance, Uncharted and Thor.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#35  Edited By Claude

I had a pretty good year with new games. But I still missed a lot. I must pick and choose correctly. I still want a PS3 and how about HD. Yeah, that show sucked and the awards were kind of fucked as well. The announcements have me thinking about video games. I love my hobby.

RockAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RockAction
@DaManGB said:
" @JoeRiccadonna said:
" @WR311 said:
"
God the jokes were painfully awkward. Also Niel winning best male performance was such BS. "

The jokes were terrible, but NPHs acceptance speech was great i thought, clearly they'd given it to him because he was there which he made light of, i always hate when award shows give it to the guy presenting, or the guy who showed up, so it was good to see the award winner making fun of it 

though it kind of summed up the show, everyone acted like it didnt matter or that it wouldn't be seen, granted it probably doesnt have the best ratings but it should be treated with some importance  
Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By Farley_Lives

I had a Mass Effect in my pants.... 3.

wsowen02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By wsowen02
@Raven10 said:
" @wsowen02 said:
" They mispronounced Mass Effect 2 at the end.  Uncharted looked incredible.  Were Naughty Dogs the only ones to show gameplay?  I didn't watch all of it but the Uncharted trailer was th only one I saw that had gameplay.  Was really hoping to see some from Batman and ME3. "
Resistance 3 had gameplay and Thor was all gameplay. Mass Effect and Batman were CG, as was Mortal Kombat, Elder Scrolls 5, Portal 2, SSX and Insane. Forza 4 may have had some gameplay mixed in. It was hard to tell. And Prototype 2 again, may have had gameplay, but I couldn't say one way or another.  Really just Resistance, Uncharted and Thor. "

That's right, Resistance did show gameplay.  Didn't see the Thor trailer.
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By awesomeusername
Those trailers sucked besides Uncharted, ME3 and Resistance 3. Everything else was blech. The jokes were horrible. I laughed at the angry birds and PETA joke but that's it.  
@Raven10
said:
" @wsowen02 said:
Resistance 3 had gameplay and Thor was all gameplay. Mass Effect and Batman were CG, as was Mortal Kombat, Elder Scrolls 5, Portal 2, SSX and Insane. Forza 4 may have had some gameplay mixed in. It was hard to tell. And Prototype 2 again, may have had gameplay, but I couldn't say one way or another.  Really just Resistance, Uncharted and Thor. "
Drake escaping that small corridor being flooded with water was awesome. I forgot if the demos tomorrow or Monday, can't wait. 

@ChristianCastillo said:
" Olivia Munn is still fucking sexy... that's all I got out of that shit show. "
This.^^ 

@nachokicks: I think Mass Effect will be 2012, 2011's to early for ME3. 

@Panic_Switch:  Crappy ass teaser. 

@VooDooPC said:
" I'm surprised some of you were disappointed in this, I mean, it's MTV we are talking about, you were expecting something not horrible? "
Spike hosted this, not MTV.
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By awesomeusername
@NTM: They showed like 4 awards and then gave Kratos Biggest Badass award. Wtf? Really? That's a stupid ass award. 
@wasteguru said:
" The Jokes were awful but I do have to give them credit for the NBA Elite 11 joke. "
That was funny. 

@natetodamax said:
" I only caught the last couple of minutes but thankfully (I guess) they are showing the entire show again. Already gettin' kinda weird. "
It's horrible. 
@RobotHamster said:
" Uncharted 3!!!!  "
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TJ311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TJ311
@awesomeusername said:

@Raven10
said:
" @wsowen02 said:
Drake escaping that small corridor being flooded with water was awesome. I forgot if the demos tomorrow or Monday, can't wait. 

the demo is on Monday night on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HubrisRanger

I have a weird affinity for the VGAs, because it serves as a very good gateway to celebrate the past year of gaming while getting hyped for next year. And as it always gets said, every year it gets a little better and a little better. Still...yeah, some parts of this were pretty intolerable, though a lot of that is kind of part and parcel for the whole awards show format. Jokes that are being read by someone who didn't write them off of a teleprompter are hardly ever funny, and the whole musical acts thing doesn't work when you have to call up My Chemical Romance to play that song that was licensed for Gran Turismo. And then there is the ongoing subtext of gamers being (A) almost exclusively male that are (B) stimulated by anything remotely sexual when they're not (C) living out their secret, violent fantasy lives. 

Again, all of this was done better than past years, and the quality of the trailers and announcements were pretty high. (The Elder Scrolls 5 announcement was actually very surprising and well done.) I will say that other than a few baffling award winners (NPH for best male performance? Really?) and some omitted categories not even getting the cursory "This won too, oh god, we only have two hours", I can respect most of the things that won. One thing I think that the VGAs have gotten a bad rap for over the years is only rewarding the most popular games. I think overall their track record has been fair and defendable. It is just the wrapper within which they wrap it is kinda cringe-worthy.

But seriously. NPH's Spider-Man? What the shit-balls...

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By wrighteous86
@WR311 said:

" @ChristianCastillo said:

yea i miss her on AOTS and sad she wont be coming back "
Please, take her back so she can stop ruining The Daily Show.
Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elder Scrolls V!? Anyone have some more detail?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#45  Edited By BeachThunder

Out of the games that were announced...none really interest me. Not even Mass Effect 3. I only feel obliged to play it since I've played the first 2.

TJ311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TJ311
@Wrighteous86 said:
" @WR311 said:

Please, take her back so she can stop ruining The Daily Show. "
is that wat shes doing now, sounds like a downgrade to me
august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By august
@President_Barackbar said:

" Elder Scrolls V!? Anyone have some more detail? "

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By wrighteous86
@WR311 said:
" @Wrighteous86 said:
" @WR311 said:

Please, take her back so she can stop ruining The Daily Show. "
is that wat shes doing now, sounds like a downgrade to me "
You're right, they usually have much better and more talented correspondents.  

She's also starring in a pilot coming to NBC called Perfect Couples or something, which is sure to be canceled before the end of its first season.  Maybe you'll get her back! (Fingers crossed.)
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#49  Edited By EpicSteve

Who hosted this year?

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By wrighteous86
@EpicSteve: Neil Patrick Harris.  Would've been a good choice if the show took itself seriously at all.  Instead of him elevating the material, the show pulled him down into mediocrity.