Video Game Clothes

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By elmorales94

I was wondering how many, if any, video game related articles of clothing folks own. It seems like something that people may consider a bit awkward or taboo, but I've never had a problem with it.

Just yesterday I got a Psychonauts Whispering Rock t-shirt. I've also got an Overwatch shirt (Sombra) and neon pink tank top (D.Va). I've sprinkled a couple Pokemon shirts in for good measure as well.

Sorry if this exists already, I didn't turn anything up in my search.

Socialone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't own any clothes but I plan on buying a few Overwatch coffee mugs. I think when it comes to home accessories everything is fair game, we should be able to express our passions in our intimate space.

That said, I do have reservations towards gaming clothes. I think it's fine to express your hobbies through your wardrobe when you're forming your identity as a teenager, whether it's gaming, sports, heavy metal bands or weed. In my opinion it becomes a bit much to continue that trend as an adult but it might be because I'm too conservative or insecure about what people think of me. In fact I suppose you shouldn't care if people think it's childish, being a child at heart is far from the worst thing these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@elmorales94: I need to get me a Psychonauts shirt.

I own an Oddworld SoulStorm Brew shirt and that's it. Unless you're an Oddworld fan you wouldn't know it's game related. The way it looks you might even think it's for some obscure brewery. I have no problem with wearing game related clothing, but it's hard to find many that are particularly appealing.

duke_of_the_bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By duke_of_the_bump

I like Fangamer's stuff. It's expensive but the shirts are high quality and they're often not explicitly videogame-y. I have a Crypt of the Necrodancer shirt and two Undertale shirts.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I don't see how wearing Giant Bomb clothing is any better than wearing videogame themed clothing, so I wear both.

Gazoinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For clothing it really depends on the design. A lot of video game clothing (like a lot of brand clothing in general) is pretty ugly. Nicer stuff that's aesthetically pleasing even divorced from the pop culture reference I'm totally down with. As said above, Fangamer is usually pretty nice.

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

The only real video game clothes I have are an old FanGamer shirt I got when I was still in college. It is a red shirt that has Samus's visor on it.

younggryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wear pretty much exclusively gaming related t shirts outside of work. I have to wear a suit every day to work so I think I'm allowed to express myself outside of work. I am the only one if my work mates who dresses like that outside of work. Outside of work they wear polos and khakis, or patterned button downs with shorts or jeans. I have all that stuff but it just sits in my closet. If someone takes issue (and they do) with my attire outside of work they can tell me. They never do. If it's a party or event that's announced as dressy casual I'll pull out a patterned button down and khakis with desert boots or loafers.

In response to your question I probably own 10 or so video game shirts, some pajamas that are gaming themed and socks/hats.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By bybeach

Getting a shirt for donating to a radio station I care for. I've got a few GB shirts. That's about as far as I go.

A shirt with SHODAN on it would be pretty cool, come to think.

steevl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have two gaming-related t-shirts. One is a Saints Row 4 shirt, which I've never worn but got for free during a visit to Volition. The other is a Bastion t-shirt from Supergiant Games that wouldn't be identifiable as a gaming shirt to most people. I prefer subtlety with these, for some reason.

Other than that, I tend to wear t-shirts from metal bands or with neat graphical designs on them.

Gazoinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steevl said:

I have two gaming-related t-shirts. One is a Saints Row 4 shirt, which I've never worn but got for free during a visit to Volition. The other is a Bastion t-shirt from Supergiant Games that wouldn't be identifiable as a gaming shirt to most people. I prefer subtlety with these, for some reason.

Other than that, I tend to wear t-shirts from metal bands or with neat graphical designs on them.

That is an awesome design.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MattGiersoni

I have a Skyrim t-shirt with a stylized helmet from the trailer and the words "Keep Calm and Fus Ro Dah" under it. It's kinda dumb these days but I got it a couple of years ago when that meme was strong and popular. Lots of people recognized it and said that it's an awesome game and It also helped to get to know some people when I was starting college. A person would see this shirt and be like "Oh, hey you play games too? Awesome!" And that's how often I'd become friends with people from my year and break the ice.

Other than that I got a Neverwinter Nights shirt but I wear it at home since it's too big and doesn't really look good publicly. Overall, I don't think there's any shame in wearing gaming things, I think they are awesome and can often start conversations and break the ice when you're meeting new people or just bring up cool comments from randoms like "Awesome shirt!" I'm definitely gonna get some nice gaming clothes in the future, but often stuff's expensive so I want to get more fit first and then get lots of gaming stuff!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I got a Half-Life 2 shirt with the collector's edition, and a few GB shirts if those count (Zaxxon and VinnCo).

I only feel weird wearing the GB Zaxxon shirt cause it says BOMB, but otherwise I don't feel weird about em. I got em cause they looked good, first and foremost, and the HL2 shirt is basically just a black tee with a small lamba and "2" logo.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FrodoBaggins

I would kill for an Overwatch t shirt. As it stands I currently have a Dark Souls 3 t shirt, a Sony PlayStation t shirt and a Zelda Wind Waker t shirt that says "will cut grass for rupees". Oh and a giant bomb t shirt.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't wanna wear anything that may prompt 'Oh what's that from' because now I have to engage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

I just don't wanna wear anything that may prompt 'Oh what's that from' because now I have to engage.

Yep, same also I prefer just to wear shirts with no logo's or text or I feel like I'm a walking billboard I would only wear something with logo's or text on it if it was my own company.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BoboBones

Except for the two movie shirts that I'm surprisingly in love with., (82' The Thing, 79' Stalker) all of my clothes are either plain, or has just stripes. Never seen a gaming piece of clothing I dig. I have an awesome Giant Bomb hat, though.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/i-got-red-on-me/works/23985713-thing?grid_pos=1&p=t-shirt&rbs=ad7ea770-460d-4063-ba40-4b57a1068cc3&ref=shop_grid&style=mens

https://www.etsy.com/listing/514005056/stalker-tshirt?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_-clothing-unisex_adult_clothing-tops_and_tees-tshirts&utm_custom1=5033ed46-a74c-47ee-96ae-3496b8604d4d&gclid=CjwKCAjwyIHPBRAIEiwAHPS-GG6F5JGGWACsdDK7MvfL0uU2bG57RAAzAkG4G7ctQoUW3Y_A4tSmXxoCTvYQAvD_BwE

https://store.giantbomb.com/products/giant-bomb-logo-hat-pre-order

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By monkeyking1969
No Caption Provided

I own zero gaming tees for a specific property, but I have a D&D tee shirt from a Loot box before I cancelled. The only tee I have with a big bold piece of art is a GB "GerstMannia T-Shirt" You have to love the Cali Big Daddy Roth/Rat Fink imagery.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Because fuck having shame. If a guy can walk around in an Attack on Titian jacket, then I can play this off as an Adidas jacket and walk around as Chio Satonaka.

...No pins unless it's Halloween or I'm at a con, though.

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen:

YES. I've looked for that jacket in a hefty adult man size, and honestly I'm shocked that I haven't found it because of course that would be a thing.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elmorales94: It's one of those online costume/cosplay shop type of things. Unfortunately the opportunity to import an Atlus sanctioned design from Japan is several years gone, but the tailor-made polyester variant from CSdd is pretty legit.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BoboBones
Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Blackout62

I'm not one to show my "gamertude" in public because... well because the community is such a toxic trash heap that I'll actively avoid the next person I see with Assassin's Creed logo on their clothes. So the only video game clothing I have is that king of discretion and style that is the Deus Ex HR scarf.

No Caption Provided

It’s a completely pedestrian blue cotton scarf with a nice pattern on it and unless I really bungle wearing it I can hide the game logo.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a ton of mega64 shirts, but they don't scream video games.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I have a few Fangamer shirts - Stardew Valley and Papers, Please - a couple of old Portal shirts, one of which is actually from Penny Arcade, a couple of Giant Bomb shirts including the first Whiskey Media members shirt, and a LoadingReadyRun Desert Bus 10 t-shirt. I also used to have a TF2 shirt but had to throw it out because I wore it so much.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By NeverGameOver

I have a filthy casual t-shirt and a critical role t shirt (not video games but tabletop). I feel like both of them tred the line well. If someone sees me in either t-shirt, and they get "it," then they usually smirk and/or compliment it, in which case I feel fine talking about it. If they don't "get it," they will usually ask what that means and I just tell them it's a brand and they shrug it off.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The only other pretty nerdy thing I wear is a slytherin scarf, but it's subtle enough that nobody would know what it was unless they're pretty into Harry Potter, in which case, again, I'm happy to chat about it.

No Caption Provided

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I have two D.Va shirts (although one doesn't fit me), a FemShep shirt, two Metal Gear shirts, a Junes shirt, a Chie jacket, and arguably my favorite videogame shirt:

I actually thought I had more, but browsing my closet that's all I have. I also have maybe 5-ish Giant Bomb related shirts. I don't really care what I wear or think about how I shouldn't wear something because of whatever reason.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

literally all of my shirts are video game/movie/anime/tv show fan stuff. and I do mean all of them.

Other clothes are boring.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

0. But i have a Mewgenics mug. Does that count, eventhough Mewgenics is not a game yet? :D

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Aside from my six or seven Giant Bomb shirts, I don't see myself buying much gamer clothing. I've seen a couple of Vault-Tec and Aperture Science hoodies that aren't too garish I wouldn't mind owning, but they were pretty pricey.

Gazoinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have two D.Va shirts (although one doesn't fit me), a FemShep shirt, two Metal Gear shirts, a Junes shirt, a Chie jacket, and arguably my favorite videogame shirt:

I actually thought I had more, but browsing my closet that's all I have. I also have maybe 5-ish Giant Bomb related shirts. I don't really care what I wear or think about how I shouldn't wear something because of whatever reason.

This is amazing

Bleshoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More than I probably should have, and they're all t-shirts from the Yetee.

• 5 or 6 different Splatoon shirts
  • 3 Overwatch shirts
  • Nier: Automata shirt
  • Chrono Trigger shirt with Marle and Ayla on it
  • Mario and some enemies on it eating pizza
  • Tanktop with Peach on it
  • 2 Dark Souls shirts
  • Bloodborne shirt

I'm probably forgetting a few.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We've got plenty of gaming-related stuff including clothing in this household.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BladeOfCreation

@steevl: I have that same Bastion shirt in red. I actually ran into someone who recognized it once--a TSA agent at an airport recognized it.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a handful of gaming or "nerdy" shirts. A friend got me an N7 hoodie for my birthday a couple years ago. Some I purchased specifically, some came in NerdBlock boxes. I have several PAX East shirts from the years that I went. A decade ago I owned three Firefly shirts. I purchased one Giant Beast shirt earlier this year. I usually change into one of these when I get home from work, and I don't really have any problem wearing them in public. Obviously I'm not gonna wear one on a date or anything like that. At least...not a first date.

I know that there's some weird impressions people might get from seeing someone wearing a shirt like this. You know what? Fuck 'em. No one bats an eye at band shirts, right? I mean you're expressing your love for art. Who cares if that art is music, or games?

I will say that a lot of the TeeFury type "mashup" shirts are kind of garish and loud, IMO. I dunno, like they're trying too hard. Also, I'm an old man now, and I may not be the audience for that anymore. To paraphrase the kids in the old Apple Jacks commercials, I say you should wear what you like.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I have zero because I think they're lame

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just one, an N7 hoodie.

I like hoodies a lot, and that's a good one. I've thought about getting some various t-shirts, but never pulled the plug. I'd only get logo stuff if I ever did though; don't have the wherewithal to pull off cosplaying.

berniesbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have a Windjammers tank top. It is good.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got a bunch of them, mostly shirts. Haven't bought any with just plain logos or the name of the game, all of 'em have some fancy pictures. I think the NITW one might be my favourite.

No Caption Provided

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a mass effect hoodie because it was real comfortable and was pretty low key. Other than that Im not too big on wearing video game clothes.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#41 riostarwind  Moderator

I've got pretty much have 3 states whenever I leave the house.

1. Generic plain shirt (80% chance its blue)

2. Giant Bomb reference shirt (10)

3. Video game shirt (15)

Most of them don't scream VIDEOGAMES unless you know what they are referencing. Although my Shantae shirt is just the logo.

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By OpusOfTheMagnum

I used to have quite a few from PAX and stuff but those have slowly gone away. Have a few Giant Bomb shirts and that’s about it for me. I do have a t shirt and a bunch of sweatbands from my buddy’s VR game after going to check it out from PAX but that was mostly so I could walk around pretending to be a corporate shill for my buddy’s game at PAX.

And I have a Donut Operator (former SWAT member you tuber that covers police stories on YouTube and streams games on Twitch) that is a retro gaming meets tacticool operator character carrying SNES Zappers or something instead of guns.

Fortunately I haven’t stooped to the level of one of those damn Mass Effect hoodies that are EVERYWHERE where I currently live.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I have a couple of video game shirts. I don't really wear them all that much anymore though. Can't help but feel a little immature when I do, which is probably stupid of me.

One of them is a blue T-shirt with Vault Boy using his thumb to measure a mushroom cloud. It's nice and comfy, but unfortunately I washed it in the wrong temperature and the print started cracking. Been thinking a lot about getting another Fallout T-shirt, a more discrete one. The New California Republic one on the Bethesda store is pretty cool. I like the one with the UAC logo from Doom too.

I also have a few promo T-shirts: Mass Effect 3 with the N7 logo, Rage with the knife boomerang thingy and a Skyrim logo shirt.

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WasabiCurry

It really depends on the design of the shirt. I think gamer shirts can work in an outfit but not as a stand alone piece of clothing, it just seems really tacky. Gamer hoodies for whatever reason always seem poor in fabric quality and looks pretty meh overall. Additionally, too much gamer swag can look immature if you are over the age of 18.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not that many, I have a Golbat/Batman logo mashup shirt and an old Team Fortress 2 shirt.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I got a Parasoul shirt when the Skullgirls team were doing them regularly for a while, and a Beastcast shirt when they started, I believe.

My biggest problem is that it's just too expensive. Shipping from the US to here is as much as the T-shirt cost on its own.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#47  Edited By Tom_omb

I have a Portal 2 (70s style Aperture logo), Skyward Sword (Although passable for general Zelda) and the Giant Bomb Flight Club T-shirts. It was super easy to get a custom Walking Dead hat like Clementine wears. I ordered it of the Lids website and a "D" in the right font just looked perfect! Also I have a WoW Alliance hat.

I used to be more subtle about the nerdy clothing I wore. I liked clothes that were references only fans would get. Maybe because I got grief by some jerks in high school for wearing Punisher and Venom T-shirts. Now it's super common and the adult world isn't as judgmental as the high school world. I occasionally get complimented on my clothes out in public. Some of my favorite shirts to wear these days are very not subtle Batman and Ghostbusters shirts.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a Starcraft II logo t-shirt my mother bought me once. But other than that I wear mostly band-shirts when it comes to prints. I haven't found a lot of good looking gaming shirts that doesn't look stupid or like a commercial for a game. Few places here in Sweden have the game related shirts that isn't as blunt and a little more stylish. Or at least, I haven't found them. I wish there was a place similar to Last Exit To Nowhere that takes brands/logos from movies and turn them into shirts in ways that doesn't feel as in your face as the game shirts I have found do.

PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have quite a few gaming t-shirts. Portal, Doom, Fallout and my personal favourite, my Diamond Dogs top from MGS.Ive also got 4 Giantbomb tops!