Video game settings- post your ideas

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By nickux

I just watched that old episode of the X-FIles where Mulder and Scully get trapped on a navy battleship in the ocean and the aging process gets accelerated. It made me think what a cool setting a gigantic, rusty, ghost ship Navy vessel could be for a game. Metal's creaking, things go awry, the usual. What would be your ideal setting for a videogame?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By zeforgotten

There are a lot of games that I've played way back in the day that took place on a ship. 
Don't remember if any of them were navy ships though, but they were big ass ships. 

So I'm fine, for now =D

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nickux
@ZeForgotten: Drew recently did a QL of one called Cryostasis I'm thinking I might have to check out. Looks like exactly what I'm looking for. 

err, I mean DAVE- fixed!
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zeforgotten
@nickux said:
" @ZeForgotten: Drew recently did a QL of one called Cryostasis I'm thinking I might have to check out. Looks like exactly what I'm looking for. "
Drew did no such thing, it was Dave 

But yeah, that game was ok-ish. But there are probably a lot of games that has the same settings, all you need to do is use google.
Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lawrens

ICO style of adventure game taken place on Laputa (castle in the sky) would be pretty awesome, with airships and all that junk.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By luce

Condemned 3 should take place in Alcatraz 

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ninjakiller

Uh it would get repetitive imo. 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@nickux said:
" @ZeForgotten: Drew recently did a QL of one called Cryostasis I'm thinking I might have to check out. Looks like exactly what I'm looking for.   err, I mean DAVE- fixed! "
I was about to recommend Cryostasis when i read your post, yup, go for it, most of it's creepy slow-paced gameplay is on an old frozen ship.. god i fucking miss that game. 

My dream video game settings are mainly 3 settings :  1) Europe during 1400-1800s  2) The american wild wild west  3) Sherwood. or, Britain in general during the King Arthur / Richard the Lionheart times.. 

The first one was successfully done by Assassin's Creed 2 and im greatly thanful, the second one was done in the two Call of Juarez games, which i enjoyed but they didnt quite give me the freedom and fun i want. Red Dead Redemption looks like my perfect cure, but it wasnt released for PC  <-(  , and the third one... Got any recommendations ?
warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By warxsnake

GTA in future city, think Coruscent skyline from Star Wars Episode 2's chase scene, New York from 5th Element, or Blade Runner. 

A new space shooter / sim would be cool, a new privateer-style game.  

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Hamst3r

You're a chinchilla that's an elite sniper, station on the planet of Breeze, which is actually a tumor inside the large intestine of a giant woman who is dying in a plane crash on MegaEarth. There are wolves on the airplane.