Video Game Soundtracks That You Work Out To?

saladbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm a gym goer in need of an update to my lifting/running/weight throwing music! I currently jam out to Carpenter Brut, Perturbator and Scattle, three artists featured on the soundtrack for Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number. Boss themes from Undertale like ASGORE and CORE have also provided great, high energy tunes to push through a hard run (both of which are streaming on spotify). Even chase themes from the Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed III soundtracks have been a great go to for my workouts.

What soundtracks do you guys listen to when you're at the gym, out on a run, or just sweatin it out to an old workout VHS tape in the basement? Looking to add suggestions so my next one is EXTRA SAVAGE.

No Caption Provided

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Streets of Rage soundtracks are ones that I will work out to, as well as Shinobi III by the great Yuzo Koshiro. The Sega CD version of Final Fight is also one for me I will throw on. I also am a sucker for the TMNT: Manhattan Project on NES soundtrack which is one of the most underrated soundtracks to any game.

When I'm working out playing basketball I can listen to whatever more but I like those for more upbeat tracks for my jump rope and some light weightlifting I do.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I imagine now that Doom's soundtrack is out, people will be adding that to their rotation.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Killer Instinct seasons 1 and 2 soundtracks have a nice mix of diverse upbeat stuff that I find perfect to run to.

saladbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: Dope stuff! Really digging the Shinobi 3 track, gonna throw that in on the cardio day for sure.

@smtdante89: HELL. YES.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Hotline Miami is a great one

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By ArtisanBreads
YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

saladbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummytreesap: I'm nervous that if I added this to my warm up jog I'd end up dying of a heart attack. haha great tune tho

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mellotronrules

anything by chipzel (super hexagon, etc).

the first track to one of her more recent releases is an OUTSTANDING start-workout/warmup tune. that whole record (spectra) gets the blood going.

when i want to feel like the fate of humanity depends on my pushup reps, i usually go to the enemy unknown soundtrack. (specifically the combat tunes, although this is good too).

but if you just want GENESIS DIRT mixed with early 90s house, then this is your jam.

edit: come to think of it...ONE MUST FALL had some dope 90s techno.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@saladbone: A lot of Mick Gordon's work is great. I really like I'm Back (to Rise!) and Village of Whispers off of the Killer Instinct OST.

I'd also recommend looking into the Crypt of the Necrodancer OST if you like dancier electro tunes. The recent remix released by Virt is something else.

Loading Video...