FiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FiZi

Hey Bombers hoping you can help me out.

I'm looking for some games to play with my wife. We've got a 360, PS3, Wii, PS2 and PC(s).

I'm up for anything except motion games and stupid Wii-mote waggle mini-game collections and have played an extensive collection of games from complex to simple.

She on the other hand has a few caveats to keep in mind when recommending games. Here is what we've played so far:

• Lego <INSERT TITLE HERE> - On the Wii, 360 and PS3
    • She enjoyed the games, found the controls easy, was able to keep track of her character. Downside is that once you've played one Lego game you've played them all.
  • Rayman Origins - On the 360
    • Loves the art style but has difficulty with the more complicated controls and pace of the action on screen. Screen can quickly become cluttered and sometimes loses track of where to go or where her character is. Early going was great as the levels were easier but the difficulty ramped up way to much for her.
  • Resident Evil 5 - On the 360
    • Forget it. Even I had problems with those god damn controls and ended up just playing it out solo.
  • Dance Central - On 360
    • Loves it, rocks it
    • I hate dancing
  • Rock Band - On 360
    • Loves it, reason why I'm down over $200 on song DLC
    • We played through single player and that's run it's course for us

We're probably looking to stay away from first person shooters since those require a fair amount of co-ordination.

Games like Civilization 4 might be on the table. I never thought to ask. Real-time strategy is probably out though.

We're looking for co-op games which eliminates racing, fighting and sports games.

What ya got for us Bombers? Give me everything you got. Old, new I don't care. I'll scour eBay for carts, consoles, discs, what ever.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By peritus

Im not gonna claim this is a good game, but i like the co-op in it. Goof troop

Its not a very long game though. So maybe try it if you can get it on the cheap.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi

Goof Troop for the SNES.

EDIT: Oh my god.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My girlfriend and I have sunk many many hours into Monaco so I have to recommend that. Also Portal 2. And I had a lot of fun with that Co op tomb raider game (Guardian of light I think it was)

McHampton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have a smartphone that can run Bounden you both might enjoy that.

It is an outright Ballet simulator, and it's strangely satisfying.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have a smartphone that can run Bounden you both might enjoy that.

It is an outright Ballet simulator, and it's strangely satisfying.

There's a Quick Look for it if you're interested

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

World of Warcraft? My GF and I have been playing and you can do a lot of content with two people. You could even duo dungeons that are level appropriate up to the current expansion, I'd say.

We also ended up playing an 8 hour marathon of Divinity Original Sin without realizing it. There's a lot of exploring and combat is turn based, so my GF never felt overwhelmed or panicky.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bigmess

My girlfriend and I have enjoyed wind waker together, passing off the controller.

But for real co-op new super mario bros on Wii would be a good start. You might end up hating each other though.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noboners said:

My girlfriend and I have sunk many many hours into Monaco so I have to recommend that. Also Portal 2. And I had a lot of fun with that Co op tomb raider game (Guardian of light I think it was)

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is great. I don't remember it being very hard at all. Great for couch co-op.

My husband and I play tons of games together. Like all the Gears of War games, Halo, Portal 2, Borderlands and Borderlands 2, and Crackdown and Crackdown 2. Now, in your case you're looking for something maybe a little more chill. So this is what I think may be appropriate.

Castle Crashers - fun beat em up. Not too hard from what I recall, may have a hard time keeping your eye on your specific character in the more hectic moments. But silly and fun and another great couch co-op game.

Torchlight and Torchlight II would be fun PC alternatives. I never found them at all difficult, certainly more manageable than something like Diablo III. I liked the first game more than the second, but ymmv.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 is fun to play together as a team. One person can control each chapter and the other person can help with conversations and decision making, pointing out stuff to pick up, etc. My husband and I did this and we plan on doing the same thing with the other Telltale games when we get the chance.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but hey I'll come back and add more if I remember anything else that fits your criteria.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I really enjoyed Orcs Must Die 2 solo, but the game really seems to be designed for co-op. So maybe you could give that a shot?

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

BattleBlock Theater

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Goldeneye 007. Co-op.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Corevi

@video_game_king: People seem to forget that Goldeneye has aged terribly and plays like ass. Not a game I would give to anyone who is new to gaming.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@video_game_king: People seem to forget that Goldeneye has aged terribly and plays like ass. Not a game I would give to anyone who is new to gaming.

I think he's kidding.

Games like Civilization 4 might be on the table. I never thought to ask

You should probably go for Civilization V. Civ IV has more parts to it, from what I understand, and it takes more dedication to understand. Civ V does a hell of a lot more to help new players, though players still have to want to enjoy it. X-Com: Enemy Unknown might also be worth a peek.

Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light and Portal 2 might both be worth looking into. Portal 2 is in first person, yes, but it's a puzzle game.

Torchlight 2 or Diablo 3 maybe, but both games can have a ton of stuff going on at once (and can be boring if she doesn't buy into the loot treadmill).

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ford_Dent

The Scott Pilgrim game is a fantastic co-op game with just enough depth for someone willing to get a little more into the game (plus an absolutely bitchin' soundtrack and art style, and River City Ransom-style upgrades). It is wonderful (although the boss fights can be a little frustrating).

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you guys liked rockband why not get rocksmith & learn real guitar/bass while playing.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Catherine.

I've heard that one goes over really well with couples.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By eccentrix

Portal 2, if she likes puzzles. Do the PixelJunk games have co-op? Those are pretty simple. Something like Terraria might be fun, also. Classic Nintendo platformers often have co-op; Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country.

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Little Big Planet might be a good choice.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BattleBlock Theater

is going to be the second Games with Gold this month, so don't spend money on it right before it's free.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hatoful boyfriend. In times of stride you can always say that at least you're not a pidgeon.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Carlos1408

I'd like to have a wife some day... On a more relevant note, I'll echo Portal 2, sounds like it fits and it's a brilliant game.

Although you said fighting games are out of the question I'd like to recommend Super Smash Bros. Brawl (or Melee if you can get ahold of a Gamecube memory card).

You can play that co-op on the campaign and on normal matches you can do team battles. It can be just as fun for someone looking for a challenge or someone looking for casual fun (and chaos?), however, it can be difficult to keep track of your character on screen.

Also, if you do get brawl I definitely recommend trying to get Gamecube controllers, much better. My brother and I love the poop out of these games, we've been playing them for years.

Good luck with your search! \±/

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By SomeDeliCook

The Sims, my and wife have played it ever since we got together way back in 2007

You make yourself, she makes her character, and then you can either just watch what happens with the automatic sim logic or let her control everything (which just means she'll make her sim has sex with every single other sim, whether they are married or not)

My wife is actually pretty clear about her views on stuff like women's rights and takes things like jokes people make seriously about it, but its amazing to see her make a little floozy of a sim and wreck marriages

I'll also throw in

Earth Defense Force 2017 (if she can handle aiming with a controller, my wife cant)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (you can set it so its just the two of you and no AI, that way it gets less confusing)

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Loading Video...

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RapeLay

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Budwyzer

Going through my Steam library right now

Games I suggest

• Jamestown - Local Co-op and I manually put this at the top of my list for a reason
  • Pixel Junk Monsters Ultimate - A TD even my wife enjoyed. Though I was sick of this game by the time we beat every single level.
  • Risk of Rain - Maybe, maybe not? Keep an eye on Humble Bundle for this one on the cheap
  • Awesomenauts - She'll be ok playing against bots. Though if she craves any kind of story then this won't do.
  • Sanctum 1 & 2 - Not local co-op, you'll need your separate PCs
  • Portal 2 - Local co-op, first-person puzzle madness
  • Orcs Must Die! 2 - Not local co-op, you'll need your separate PCs
  • Trine 2
  • Dustforce - It's co-op
  • Deathspank - My wife likes to play these, but she hates when I scream "HEARTS" to remind her to heal us.
  • Magicka - again, not local, and you'll need a couple of decently powerful machines to run it smoothly. This game is weirdly demanding.
  • Rock of Ages - has a decently fun versus mode.
  • Dungeonland - Pretty sure it's free 2 play. so nothing lost there.

Games we both felt indifferent about

• Rocketbirds - The opening cinematic and the music are great. But the controls are probably not fluid enough for her to like. The atmosphere and game is kinda lovable though.
  • Hammerwatch
  • Spelunky
  • Full Mojo Rampage - rogue likes seem to not be our cup of tea. Risk of Rain was an acception for me alone.

Games I suggest avoiding

• Dead Horde
  • Sacred Citadel - We both found this game to be just boring.