Videogame news: how do you get yours?

• 54 results
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Here, Gamespot, MMORPG.com, and Massively. Sometimes I'll check out IGN, but that's usually for TV or movie stuff.

peakborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Joystiq, Eurogamer for my basic news dumps, I sometimes check Kotaku too but less as of late.

I also use Polygon and Rock Paper Shotgun for news but also parse through the features from time to time, I agree on the latter's need for humour bogs down their articles and also find their grandstanding tactless at times but they are a pretty good source for PC news.

I check Siliconera for the Japanese stuff, generally first for localisation announcements too.

Then Giantbomb, less for timely news but more for the insight and knowledge on the news alongside the other informative yet funny content and personalities. (Also the community is top notch.)

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I don't know, I don't really seek out news as much as I used to. Between a few gaming podcast, Giant Bomb and its forum, I tend to feel like I am pretty set on news that may in any way really interest me. I think if I'm ever curious about what news are out there, I'll go to Gamespot or Polygon quickly just to see if there's anything I missed, but doesn't happen all that often.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54  Edited By Seppli

I curl up in bed with my Vita before going to sleep and watch all the gaming news shows from my youtube subs. Daily Fix, Gamespot News, Screw Attack Hard News, Inside Gaming Daily... gaming news shows in general. IGN especially has made a habit of making small video entries for pretty much all gaming and movie news, and if anything stands out, I'll check that out too. Still visit Gametrailers every now and then for their editorial content, albeit I hate their site - what a shit media player. Almost as bad as the one GiantBomb and Gamespot uses. Good thing their youtube channels are all I need.

I skim most editorial content videos from the usual suspects like IGN, Gamespot, Eurogamer, Gamestar, Revision 3. Plus some youtubers I like. Levelcap, JackFrags, TotalBiscuit and some others.

All the other stuff I get from the GiantBomb forums. Whatever surfaces here, I usually give it a look.