Vinny and the Chapelle Show

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I have been with the site for just about 9 years now, I've listened to just about every podcast Vinny has ever been on, including ones that were before I started listening...

I never knew this story! It was incredible by the way but I swear he has never brought this up before till now. If he has brought it up before my guess is a stream or something but man I was blown away.

Who knew our beloved Vinny helped on the classic Prince sketch. That's like top 5 chapelle skits easily.

Who else was caught of guard by this revelation?

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If I remember correctly, the only reason I knew is because he'd told it at a PAX East.

There was a video production panel where someone brought it up, but he didn't want to use up panel time talking about it, so afterwards a bunch of people went with him into an empty room at the convention center while he told it. It's one of the most memorable things from the PAX Easts I went to.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

This is a little bizarre because I actually just showed my friend this sketch last night because of Vinny.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Where does he talk about it? Latest beastcast?

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Yeah, it was funny since he kept saying “I’ve told this story a million times”, but it was the first for me. Would love to hear more early production stories from Vinny.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Yup I’ve been here for a decade and have only in passing heard that he worked on the show but no details. I’ve heard Jeff tell the same stories dozens of times (and they’re typically great stories!) but hardly ever hear Vinny repeat any.

Would love to hear them!