Vinny, Brad, and Alex are leaving the site. Last day is Friday.

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Well... what do we do from here?

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202  Edited By Dixavd

I hope it's a positive change for them all. Sure it's sad as a viewer to see them go but it must be extremely scary for them to leave a job they've all been in for over a decade. I wish them all the best.

CharlesSahara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm in shock. I'm going to miss them on the site so much.

drdust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Pretty gutted. <>

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#205  Edited By blair

Sad news. Been here since the beginning. Remember the first day when the site got opened and we had a mad rush for user names. Remember that small office where they all sat together, and occasionally you would hear Ryan's voice bleed into an Endurance Run, and the week was planned on a whiteboard and followed up with I Love Mondays.

I remember the early days of ArrowPointingDown where Jeff and Ryan reviewed energy drinks as part of the podcast. Miss those days a lot.

Ryan's death was terrible and I still miss him. The new additions were nice over the years and all of the community that was met along the way was great too. Vinny, Brad and Alex leaving is basically the crew. Jeff hanging on seems temporary? I don't know but that's what I feel like.

Anyway, I grew up alongside this site and my late-teens and twenties were spent goofing off here. I'm going to miss the team and I'm going to miss this site. The good (and disturbing!) thing about the internet is that people never go away and the memories are enshrined in bits.

Throw a big Nobi Nobi Boy fist up for the team - WE MADE IT TO PLUTO BABY! PACMAN PACMAN! COOL BABY WHAT'S UP!

Avatar image for deanspacehorsefoster
deanspacehorsefoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really gonna miss Vinny and Brad. Good luck, Duders.

mbdoeden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

giant bomb has had that core group of voices for the literal majority of my life. they've informed some of my taste, personality, and introduced me to other incredible people/things. they've always been a constant in my life. a source of comfort. can't help but feel heartbroken.

that said i am very excited for the future of the website and what else every one does.

Grocery_Bag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just had to take my dog in for emergency surgery that will cost me $13,000 that I don’t have, and now this happened... WTF is this week?

All the best Alex, Brad, and Vinny... I love you like family, hopefully I will get to see you guys in the future

thefizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fucking cheers! A job well done on all accounts. To the future, my lads! The future.

omatictoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm completely crushed by this, but I wish all the best to them!

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm honestly gutted...like I'm not ready to say goodbye, but here we are. I hope the archives are well archived. Cause fuck me if the prospect of losing all of the site's history isn't just fucked.

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I cried watching the end of the Bombcast today. 42 year old man, ain’t no shame in it. I love everyone and wish them nothing but the best but wow what heartbreaking news.

I was going to make a joke at my own expense about going through a divorce but maybe I’ll hold off on that.

jozosalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the good times over the years.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the 13 years of good times, gang. <>

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like work is getting cut short today for some good 'ol fashion day drinking.

axemtitanium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck to y'all but fuck man this one hurts. Capitalism blows.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

Been following these guy since the Gamespot days, so this news is certainly tough. I always expected that they would move on eventually, but to have so many leave at once certainly puts more of a sting on it. That said, I have nothing but love and thanks for the many, many hours of entertainment Brad, Vinny, and Alex have given us over the years.

I could write a very long and extended post about their time with the site, and maybe some time I still will, but for now I'll keep it short: this website has been one of my favourite things on the internet for the past decade plus, and those three guys were a hugely instrumental part of that. I wish them nothing but the best for the future - if it's anything public-facing, I'll absolutely follow it - and I wish Jeff and the remaining crew the very best in whatever their plans for the site are going forward. I'll certainly stick around as long as those guys are here to see what they come up with next.

gunde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#218  Edited By gunde

I've been here since day 1, following on from GameSpot and I just want to chime in to thank Alex, Brad & Vinny so very goddamn much for all the immense hard work they've put in over all these years to entertain us. It's the end of an era, but all good things come to an end, and this is no exception.

I truly wish them all the very best going forward, whatever that may be!

Picto_Obscure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Picto_Obscure

This all feels so sudden – not being able to hear Vinny bouncing off the others on weekly basis, is just the saddest thing.

Giant Bomb was critical for me pulling any sort of enjoyment out of last year, and I'll always be grateful to Brad, Alex and Vinny (as well as the the rest of the crew <3) for that. Wishing them all the very best.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't post here as much as I did in the past, but today hurt. God speed duders

eL_FinGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Followed everyone from the gamespot days and has it really been that long? Awesome time and memories. Good luck to the future.

raikoh05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Why is this happening

deckard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Thanks for everything guys. I've been here since the Arrow Pointing Down days - every once in a while I thought about what would happen if GB went away and told myself I probably wouldn't find a replacement for games coverage. We'll see, but I've never found a group of individuals that have the chemistry like the GB crew. A sad day indeed.

CptKnots94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I haven't watched GB content in a couple years now, but it was my most visited and favorite site for close to a decade and Gamespot before that. Best of luck to everybody.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Capum15

I haven't looked through the thread enough to see if anyone posted this but I was suddenly reminded of it:

Loading Video...

Good luck to the next journey, really is an end of an era.

<>

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#226  Edited By ThePickle

been following since 2008 arrow pointing down podcast days. That was 13 years ago. I'm 26 now. Crazy shit. Salute to these video game warriors. Some unforgettable moments throughout the years. 2008-2013 was golden.

Super interested to see what is next for both the departing members and the site itself. Ride or die with my man Jeff.

aiomon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So sad. Vinny, Alex and Brad really got me through some tough times and provided me with lots of enjoyment. <3 <3

Sveppi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Haven't been the most active in the community throughout the years, but I've been a member and follower since the GameSpot days and I'm emotionally gutted. But of course, best of luck in the future to everyone ;_;

dikarddeckard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

only love...

o7

wootootee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godspeed.

Gentlemen... it has been a privilege watching you play and talk about games for over a decade.

Whatever comes next for Giant Bomb, I'll be there. But it'll never be the same.

Mr_SpaceGnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the great memories, going to miss you guys.

Dr_Pow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Dr_Pow

...I guess I'll start reading books now. This feels like losing some of your best friends. Not being able to see or listen to Vinny, Brad and Alex every week is making me feel so lost. I wish you guys good luck and will be there for anything you do in the future.

tandar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes me sad. :(

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

I was 12 when i discovered Gamespot, 19 when i followed Jeff to Giantbomb. i am nearly 33 years old, THANK YOU for everything you guys have done. To Alex, Brad and Vinny i wish you the best in whatever you do next. You guys made me a better person and i thank you for that.

FelixAndrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bummed 2: Beyond Bummed

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope we get a chance to download some of their iconic content before it closes

AdmSnackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It hurts to see something you love changing. I found Giant Bomb through some other forum where a couple staff used to hang out and post occasionally. The E3 show with Ryan hooked me, and then the Bombcast got me to subscribe. I remember when Ryan passed, and wondering if the site could or should continue. Then Vinny started hosting the Bombcast and it was great. Then Austin joined, and began maybe my favorite era of the site. Giant Bomb keeps blowing up and then reconstituting itself in interesting ways. I hope that happens again.

But it still hurts to see something you love change, and this change is harder than most. Brad is the reason I found the site at all. Vinny had just the best energy in the room for everything he was a part of. Alex had the best taste in games, and the drum streams were incredible. I hope that whatever is next for them, it brings them joy.

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck @vinny@alexand @brad, I will follow whatever is next, thank you so much for everthing you have done, been a memeber since Wiskey days and you have no idea how many hard times you have got me through, much love guys.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Thanks to the crew for being a part of my every week for the last 16 years and more. I'm stunned, gutted and beyond grateful.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

Been following this site since that Neopets puzzle game review on the old blog... I don't know what to say right now. Doing my ugly cries and processing these feelings.

If any of the duders see this, thank you so much for all of the laughs, joy, comfort, and realness you brought into my life during the times I needed it most. During my darkest days you brought me light, and I can never repay that. Best of luck on your new adventures, thank you for the memories, and I can't wait to see where Giant Bomb goes from here.

#teambradforlife

ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

<>

priorityseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By priorityseven

<>

ZedFlips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By ZedFlips

I love all of that trio, and I hope somehow that the best for each and all of them is yet to come.

Thanks for the many hours of depression relieving sanity aiding content, you three.

frankiebeanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I just lost a piece of myself

fogh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Best wishes, thanks for all them years!

v_iso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never posted but can only echo what everyone has been saying, I never thought about canceling my sub and if the three duders decide they want to stick togehter even "just" for a podcast my money and not-yet-created patreon account are ready and I am probably not alone.

If it's not to be then I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the years of content, it's genuinely one of the only sites that brought me stuff to look forward to when I was really down, I will miss this time and place of the site but I'm happy that it happened and was here to witness it.

YuriyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can say thank you one million times and it wouldn't cover my gratitude for all your work

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#248  Edited By gbrading

I was a GameSpot member since 2006, then a Giant Bomb member since Launch Day in 2008. I was a GameSpot moderator between 2008 and 2014. I've been watching these guys for almost 15 years. I've literally grown up with Giant Bomb. Now I'm in my early thirties and although I don't use the site as much as I used to I still check-in regularly, but I have so many fond memories of all the content over the years from so many people past and present who have help to create one of the nicest and most unique websites ever.

Someone else said that Giant Bomb is a family and that's absolutely correct, and although some family members are leaving they will always be our family. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Vinny, Brad and Alex for giving me not only entertainment, but distanced emotional support. For always being a way to lighten my mood, no matter how dark. I wish you all the very best with your future endeavours.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#249 FinalDasa  Moderator
crackity_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was pretty devastated but I’m sure big things are to come. No matter what I of course wish all of them the absolute best.

I’ll never forget going to PAX West one year and stumbling into the GB party with some of my friends. We were less than sober and had an absolute blast. It was the year they were doing the Rock Band American idol like judging thing. I forget what song me and my friends did but I do remember drunkenly complimenting Alex’s Metz shirt, I think I made him uncomfortable with how close I got so sorry about that Alex. That was the night I also met Dan who is from around my area so I got

To talk to him briefly about that and how much his work has meant to me.

Who knows what’s next but Godspeed to all three of them. Will miss them on the site that’s for sure but I know they’re going to do great at whatever is next.