Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

What: One copy of Bastion for the Xbox 360

Who: U.S. Xbox Live Members

How: Tell me your favorite moment from the Building the Bastion series. Haven't watched any of it? Tell me why.

Ends: 9 PM EST

-------------

Special thanks to Greg Kasavin for offering to provide post-launch codes for a future Giveaway if they ever became available. I told him not to worry about it since I'm already doing this contest (and I think as many people should buy their copy as possible), but the fact that he offered is pretty damn awesome.

Congratulations to Supergiant Games on all their future success. They are very much the type of developers everyone should be supporting, and I look forward to playing the hell out of Bastion over the next few days.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

What: One copy of Bastion for the Xbox 360

How: Tell me your favorite moment from the Building the Bastion series. Haven't watched any of it? Tell me why.

Ends: 9 PM EST

-------------

Special thanks to Greg Kasavin for offering to provide post-launch codes for a future Giveaway if they ever became available. I told him not to worry about it since I'm already doing this contest (and I think as many people should buy their copy as possible), but the fact that he offered is pretty damn awesome.

Congratulations to Supergiant Games on all their future success. They are very much the type of developers everyone should be supporting, and I look forward to playing the hell out of Bastion over the next few days.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nintendoeats

I haven't watched any of it because I prefer to experience most games in isolation, partially to unbias my experience and partially to "reverse engineer" them while playing. This doesn't always happen, but I don't go out of my way to find out about games before they come out.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ShaggE

My favorite moment was seeing the pre-alpha build of the game that was made up of placeholder assets. Things like that are endlessly intriguing to me. 

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Joker369

I have not watched any yet because i like to go into games pretty cold so that I experience the game myself first hand.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By Danteveli

Finale was the best part when they had all the problems with title screen and  MS regulations. It showed real part of game making and thats its not easy road.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I like the part where the Narrator said that thing.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#7  Edited By falconer

I really liked the bit about them taking Jen out for breakfast on her birthday at the end of everything. No matter how many "Behind the Scenes" or "Making of" discs you get with games today, it's small, personal stuff like that you never get to see.

Similar to with all the content that Whiskey Media puts out, getting to know the Supergiant Games people better has made me like them more. And it makes me want to play their game even more. :D

ky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By ky326

Seeing them test the achievements for the first time.

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Crixaliz

My favorite part was seeing their house and the conditions in which they made the game, since you don't get to see that in similar behind-the-scenes videos.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vitor

Everything about the Whip. Curious to see what other crazy weapons made it into the game that were good enough to have them throw that out of the game...

Multimus_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Multimus_Max

I'm a huge Legend of Mana fan and I've been waiting a very very long time for a game that might capture the spirit of Legend of Mana. I haven't seen Building the Bastion because after I've seen the first screenshots I decided not to read any previews, reviews or watch a making of instead listening to my gut that told me Bastion is going to be epic. My gut was right, but it's highly ironic that now that Bastion is finally out I'm  broke. It's killing me, so I really hope that Lady Luck is on my side for once. Thank you very very much for doing this!  And a special thank you to Kasavin and his team at Supergiant Games for believing that there is a place for games like Bastion in a world dominated by Call of Duty and co.

PerfidiousSinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By PerfidiousSinn

I haven't watched any of Building The Bastion (or much of any previews on the game) because I don't want to spoil anything. My expectations for this game are high and I want the experience to be totally fresh.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CptBedlam

I'm in Europe but I have a US account that I use for getting stuff from the US marketplace, can I still enter?

I liked the part where they showed us how they furnished the house, set up a christmas tree etc.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Cincaid

@Vito_Raliffe said:

:'(

Ah well, will buy it anyway!

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really enjoyed seeing how the narrator warmed up would warm up with a D & D book and then proceed to speak his lines into a closet. That kinda blew my mind with how jank of a set up they had but managed to pull it off.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

I am not a US Xbox Live Member. However, my favourite moment was the Xbox controller on a table mat so it would scroll through menus for hours to try and find on very specific bug.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By George_Hukas

I don't have a specific moment thats my favorite, but I enjoyed watching the game come together. Always cool taking a peek behind the scenes, seeing the game being debugged and characters running around on grids being tested and what not. Makes me wish more games did stuff like this.

mixedupzombies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By mixedupzombies

Actually getting a better feeling for how a game is made beyond silly developer diaries.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By hockeymask27

I loved the part about the rules and regulations they have to check before releasing a game. For example the time limit before a game asks you to interact. I found it very interesting. Also when the showed how the narrator voice acting got done.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

PAX was my favorite moment. Its built up as such a fan focused event its cool to see the hard work the developers go through to put on not only a good demo but to best present their own game, especially when the game is still in development.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I haven't watched any of it because I like to avoid that kind of thing before playing a game.

also I think this would be a good time to use my extra 5 entries :3

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By Video_Game_King

Even though I don't have a subscription to watch Building the Bastion, I can say that I was surprised when I found out that only three or four people were working on the game.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By ez123

My favorite was the Diablo II rap. Maybe not the best in terms of being a song but it's about the best game ever.

stargamerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By stargamerx

I haven't watched it yet to avoid any spoilers for the game, that way I am more surprised the first time I play the game. :)

clark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By clark

I loved the last episode where Amir had no clue what to do with himself.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Video_Game_King: You don't need a subscription to watch those.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By StarFoxA

I haven't watched any of it because when I'm interested in a game I prefer to go into it fresh, not knowing anything.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#28  Edited By Little_Socrates

I haven't watched any of Building the Bastion because I had realized I wanted to buy the game very, very quickly, and so I avoided coverage of it before release like the plague. However, I totally intend to watch them now that the game is available.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LiquidPrince

I loved them taking the sprites from other games during the very original builds of the game, and using them as the enemies. Also when Jen came in and ramped up the artistic vision. Like the comparisons between old and new.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By Undeadpool

It's going to sound trite, but I really enjoyed the final episode. It was just so cool seeing it all ACTUALLY come together, and seeing them wrapping up and celebrating. Greg Kasavin always struck me as one of the more stoic members of the Gamespot crew back in the day (I remember his video reviews being very matter-of-fact), so to see him openly joyful and excited was really, really special.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31  Edited By aurahack

The last episode, as seeing it come together really got me thinking and motivated to get working on my own project. The tremendous amount of effort from all of them really payed off and it's inspiring to know that a small group of buddies made that happen.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FateOfNever

It's been a while since I watched it, but, I remember really loving getting to see one of the early early builds for the game where they were just using pictures from old D&D monster manuals for all of the enemies in the game, I got a big kick out of that.  Otherwise, I enjoyed the whole series due to the inside look it gave at how far an idea to come/progress when you put your mind to it.  I think is a helpful reminder that projects, video games or otherwise, can start off incredibly simple looking and held together by hope, determination, and some duct tape, and by the end look absolutely amazing and be a vision completed.  

Think I'm going to go back and watch Building The Bastion again, that really was a good feature thinking back on it now.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CowMuffins

I only watched the first two episodes, I kind of just stopped following it after that.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By InfiniteGeass

There wasn't so much of a specific moment as it was seeing the game come along throughout the months that I thought was the most interesting.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By louiedog

I like seeing the transition of the game with placeholder art and crude animations to the final look. I love the way Jen's art brings the game alive.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#36  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I liked the episode where they described the end-of-game procedures, especially getting into what was needed for Microsoft's approval and the odd fun things they did at the end. It was goofy, but also really informative. I like getting a look into the technical side of things that I don't normally hear about.

yorick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By yorick

I've only seen the first two I think but I liked the first build they showed that was all placeholders. I've never seen anything like that before.

Zembosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By Zembosis

I did not watch any of it because I would rather play the game first and then see how it was made :)

CrazedMaverick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CrazedMaverick

My favorite moment had nothing to do with the game. But I recognized the Scramblz they went to for Jen's birthday and I found it pretty awesome that they made the game near where i lived.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jNerd

I loved watching the videos of the voice actors reading there lines. I also really enjoyed watching them get frustrated because of the tiny coding errors they had to fix for Microsoft (: I'm glad that they got to communicate w\ MS & get permission to "break" one of there XBLA rules for the games tone.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By landon

My favorite part was just seeing Greg Kasavin hang out with the Bomb Crew. I always like seeing the old Gamespot team together again.

ratscats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ratscats

I honestly never heard of the game until you posted it here today.

Will have to take at it later.

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By s7evn

I enjoyed the part where Jen created a pokey and didn't realize it.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nux

My favorite moment was seeing the pre-alpha build stuff. It's really cool seeing games in that stage.

Avatar image for 5ecret5tar5ystem
5ecret5tar5ystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By 5ecret5tar5ystem

Other than a quick glimpse of some of the gameplay I haven't actually sat down and watched any of parts of the Building the Bastion series, simply because I'm the type of person who like to be surprised when the game finally launches. However what really garnered my interest was the art direction for the game, it brought back a lot of pleasant memories back from the RPG SNES days. So if I had anything to take from the series it would be watching some of the gameplay!

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By alsnuts2

When Greg was looking through his old games like Ultima and Max Payne. He even unrolled his old cloth map. Which was cool to see cause I still have the world map from Final Fantasy 3 (or 6) with World of Balance on the front and World of Ruin on the back. When I played it back in the day I would flip the map on my wall to reflect where i was in the story.

streetninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By streetninja
I didn't watch any of the Building the Bastion series. I usually avoid any previews and interviews with the developers with games that interest me before I play them, because I'd like to go into games knowing as little as possible. This allows me to not have anything spoiled about the game and have a truly fresh experience.
Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#48  Edited By Sooperspy

Best part of it was the whip. That should have been put in the full game.

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Choffy

My favorite part was the entire final episode, simply because you could just feel the tension in the air. They knew they were so close, but at the end so many things were out of their control, and you could feel the hopelessness.

Pretty sad those are over. I hope we can have another inside look at the making of a game in the near future.

decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By decko5

when they took their coworker to the breakfast place she had been wanting to go to. it was a very kind gesture for her birthday. awwwww <3