Warhawk (2007 PS3)

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I have to admit that I miss games like WarHawk that you could just get into fast. Its was simple, fast paced, and there was not too much to know. If you were not great at flying you could shoot on foot or mount a tank. If you wanted to try you hand and flying, it was okay because you could respawn fast. These days 32 player is not a lot, but it was enough.

I think what I liked most si that the game just had its own style, the retro-1940s vibe that just worked well with the gameplay. It's too bad the StarHawk was such a misstep because I think if that games had been good we would still have teh franchise alive today; while StraHawk was not a terrible game, it was very weak for infantry fighting. Most newbie players in open world combat games combat will be playing an infantry role, so that being weak kills a game fast. [And call me a hater, but only FireFly did sci-fi western theme well. StarHawk just never looked/felt like how I wanted it to look or feel]

If SOny gave development of another WarHawk games out I would be interested. I think and updated WarHawk could work like CoD Warzone or similar to the "Battlefield 1942" roots.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Agree. WarHawk was good arcade fun. I just wish it had more offline modes and bots so I could still play once in a while.

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I didn't have a ps3 at launch, or for some time after actually, but I remember Lair and Warhawk in particular as being games that made me want one. I know lair isn't exactly a good game, but it looked incredible for the time, and the idea of flying a dragon x-wing seemed badass at the time. And for warhawk, I just really dug the general aesthetic and arcade-y design. Combine that with the novelty of the six-axis for flying, and it had my juvenile brain thinking it was pretty innovative.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It was super fun, and probably the online game I was best at. Never topped as many leaderboards as I did in Warhawk, which is why I want it back.

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warhawk 07 was an awesome game, and unfortunately it feels like a forgotten gem. I had so much fun with it. It's probably one of the online games I sunk the most time in that generation.

Casse1berry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Casse1berry

I was a huge fan of this game. Remember it came with a Bluetooth headset in the box? Felt so cool at the time. I also remember sniping people like crazy. I don't think there was any bullet drop. I remember spending multiple games sniping people from ridiculous distances.

shinofkod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I was absolute hot garbage at this game- but I loved every second of it and played a ton of it.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I was absolute hot garbage at this game- but I loved every second of it and played a ton of it.

I could not fly worth a damn, but I still jumped in the Warhawks from time to time!

citan359

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When this game came out, 2 of my friends and me played it all night. Primarily having them with flame throwers on the wings of my plane as I slowly hovered it into the other team's base. One of my favorite gaming memories. Other parts of the game were also fun, even the bit where I tried to convince myself the sixaxis was cool and useful.

It is also one of those games that I have in my mind as just having unbelievably incredible graphics so I'm scared to go look up old videos.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Probably one of my favorite PS3 games. All of the vehicles were a blast to drive, and the foot combat was solid. Others have mentioned it already, but the sniping in that game was absolutely brutal and fun.