WarTales Hits 1.0 on April 12th, 2023

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By ALLTheDinos

Ever since I watched Dave Lang play some of this game during Extra Life 2022, it's had its hooks in me. They made a fairly major update in early February so I dropped off of it, but the 1.0 announcement came a lot sooner than I predicted. Has anyone else been playing (or was playing and stopped) WarTales, and if so, what were your thoughts on it?

Semi-related, since I've been monitoring several Early Access games for their 1.0s, here's the best of my knowledge on some others in 2023:

• April 6th - Everspace 2 (PC version only)
  • August 31st - Baldur's Gate 3
  • TBD - Dune: Spice Wars
  • TBD - Songs of Conquest (Q3?)
  • TBD - Valheim
  • TBD - World of Horror (Summer?)
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#1 chaser324  Moderator  Online

• April 6th - Everspace 2 (PC version only)
  • August 31st - Baldur's Gate 3
  • TBD - Dune: Spice Wars
  • TBD - Songs of Conquest (Q3?)
  • TBD - Valheim
  • TBD - World of Horror (Summer?)

Phantom Brigade and Spin Rhythm also just recently went 1.0.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Since it wasn’t mentioned on this morning’s Game Mess Mornings, Xbox also added this game to Game Pass on both PC and console yesterday. I cracked open a new game on the Series X, and while it’s definitely built for PC, it handles fine on console. I hadn’t heard anything about a console port so this was a pretty surprising development. At any rate… game is good! Try it out!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online

Yeah, WarTales is pretty good. Eventually, your army size scales up to a point where it does start to get a bit tedious to manage, but I really enjoyed the 20-ish hours prior to that.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I wish that the console version of this game looked and felt a little better. I liked what I played of it conceptually, but it just kind of feels like a cheap port on my Xbox S. It did inspire me to give the game a go on my PC. It's a really neat hook/loop.