Watching GB content on a Samsung Smart Tv

Slowpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi all, I bought a Samsung smart TV att the start of October. I previously owned a pure Android based TV (a Philips).

So the TV I nice and all but Samsung have for whatever reason not included Chromecast functionality. Samsung phones can screen share but I don't own a Samsung phone so here we are.

Therefore I haven't found a easy way to watch GB content. My old TV connected with ease to the unofficial GB app's Chromecast function. My current solution is watching it through Steam link on my PC.

How do you guys watch GB content on your Samsung smart TV?

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If you have an Xbox one hooked up to said tv, you can watch through the gb app there.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 14

Does the TV not have a built in browser or YT app? I have an LG OLED and I just fire up their built in browser and it works really well. Honestly I don’t even know how chromecasting works.

MonkeyKing1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I watch the WORST way possible-LOL. I use my PS4 and its crap browser. Sometimes use YouTube to watch the videos.

That is one thing I think PS5 might/could improve upon - a good useful browser. At the very least Sony should contract with Samsung, Opera, Firefox, or Avast to just make & update a proper PS5 browser that keeps up with website tech. It would be really nice if teh PS5 browser had a way to subscribe to, download and play podcast...and a way to have that "app" work in the background while playing a game.

Slowpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: The TV's browser don't work with the live shows. And that's my favourite way to watch GB.

Slowpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwing42: Oh yeah, I had forgotten that app, too bad I only own a PS4 now