Watchmen Trailer, your thoughts?

HoboCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HoboCop

Anyone else catch it at The Dark Knight?  I damn near soiled meself.  

I was a little skeptical of Zack Snyder, but I like the direction he took.  Accurate enough without looking too hokey, being 1985 and all.

I'm wondering what kind of battle he had to fight with the studio to get the cast he wanted.  Crudup's the only face I recognize, and he's not what you'd call A-list.  From where I stand, the movie's got a lot going against it.  No names, zero easy character recognition for the masses, and it's not even set in the present day.  Not to mention that it's nowhere near a conventional superhero plot.  I'm excited, it looks dark and messy and somehow, someway, they managed to make Nite Owl look cool. 

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By OroJackson

If they come even remotely close to the sheer fucking awsomeness of the comic then its an epic win in my book

I guess we have to wait and see

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DualReaver

My thoughts were as follows.
- Wtf is "Watchmen"? Should I know this? Why is everyone else so excited about this?
- What a stupid looking costume.
- This movie is going to be okay and a good popcorn flik, but is going to get overhyped as hell
- Seriously should I know about this "Watchmen"?

Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Jonathan
DualReaver said:
"My thoughts were as follows.
- Wtf is "Watchmen"? Should I know this? Why is everyone else so excited about this?
- This movie is going to be okay and a good popcorn flik, but is going to get overhyped as hell
"
1: One of the greatest comic books ever written
2: They are supposed to look like 40's comic book heroes. It's meant to look like shit.
3: The comic was one of the most brainy and articulate books I have ever read, comic or not.
4: Yes,because it's awesome.
JethroVegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JethroVegas
DualReaver said:
"My thoughts were as follows.
"
Watchmen is the greatest comic book ever written, and it's also one of the best pieces of fiction ever written, period.

Time magazine put it on their list of top 100 novels; it's the only comic to make it on the list.

Edit: BTW, the look of the costumes is intentional...
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Yeah, I too didnt really know anything about it, but ordered the book yesterday.

Emiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Emiel

I had never ever heard of Watchmen until I saw the trailer in HD at the apple website and I really, really liked it. The music, the images, the characters etc.

Again, I don't know anything about the source material, but I'm looking forward to it.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TimeWaffle

i think we've like five of these threads already

TheBigTicket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TheBigTicket

it will be rocks

osmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By osmiles

Watching the trailer, it felt like they directly recreated panels from the book. I hope the movie will be good, and who knows maybe Alan Moore may finally like one of his comic to movie adaption.