We Be Drummin' - Copyright Strikes

Avatar image for lewismistreated
lewismistreated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So it seems like the vast majority of the We Be Drummin' streams from 2020 have finally been caught by the copyright cops, and are no longer available on either the GB website or on YouTube. Any chance of these coming back, and if not, dont suppose anyone managed to back them up...?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I opened a random one and was able to watch it fine on the site's player.

glik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I understand it correctly, the video on the GB page is just a Youtube embed, meaning it's playing the file that was uploaded to Youtube. The files you download off the GB page are actually hosted on GB and thus free of copyright bots.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ben_H

I just tested four or five of them, including older ones. It does appear they got claimed on Youtube but all of them worked fine on the site's player for me.

@glik said:

If I understand it correctly, the video on the GB page is just a Youtube embed, meaning it's playing the file that was uploaded to Youtube. The files you download off the GB page are actually hosted on GB and thus free of copyright bots.

Correct. You just have to make sure the source is set to anything other than "Youtube" and it should work just fine. If it automatically shows the Youtube version when you hit play when you open the video, there should be a button in the middle of the bottom of the player with 3 dots. Click that button, select "back to GB player" then from there select any option that isn't the Youtube one and it'll work.

Avatar image for lewismistreated
lewismistreated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah! Okay, I didn't realize that I had to switch to the GB Player on the site. Yeah, the YouTube embeds aren't working, but as soon as I switch player, they seem to be fine.

Thanks all!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

If anyone wants these they should probably download them ASAP.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7 chaser324  Moderator

I'm kinda surprised it took so long, but thankfully we do still have the archives hosted here.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Yep, we have been running into a lot of copyright claims on YT recently. I can't guarantee that I'll have the wherewithal to fight every single one of them, but the videos should still work on the GB site player, at least.