Weekly Wiki Update - Sunday, Sept. 20th 2015

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Edited By bobafettjm

Welcome everyone to the newest edition of the weekly wiki update. This week should be a much shorter one as my wiki time was significantly less, due to work and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

The Pages

Started this week off with...you guessed it a hidden object game. This time around it was the page for Nightmares From The Deep: The Cursed Heart. I had previously filled in the page, but this time around I filled in the credits for the game. In doing so I ended up having to create a bunch of people, but the more of these I do the less I have to create as a lot of these people work on multiple hidden object games.

Next up was a non-hidden object game in Legends of Pixelia. I saw this game got added to Steam and decided to add it to the wiki. I filled in all the basic information and a small gameplay section. It really could use more information if someone who puts some time in with it could work on it. I also had to add the developer SimaGames to the wiki.

Can't go too long without working on a hidden object game, so I went with Mind Snares: Alice's Journey. I ended up filling up the page and the credits for around 800 points. With this game came another where I had to add the game's developer, World-Loom.

Then I moved on to the Mega Man Legacy page. I was actually completely surprised to see a mostly empty page here. I would have thought for sure a Mega Man game would have been much more popular a page. I added a quick overview and then proceeded to add every robot master from the games. I would really love to see someone give this page the love it deserves.

And again...wait no it wasn't a hidden object game this time. It was actually MicroLeague Football 2 this time. I added the cover art, an overview, and credits to this completely bare page. This would be another one that could use some gameplay information if anyone either knows enough about it or is willing to research it.

Did a couple super quick edits to the Blood Bowl II and Crackdown 2 pages. On Blood Bowl I added the console platforms that it is coming to and Crackdown 2 I just removed a bunch of italicized game titles.

NOW we go back to a hidden object game in Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden. I created the page for this one and then filled in the page. Yet again I had to create a page for a company to go along with a game, but this time it was the UK publisher, PCF Media.

Then I moved on to the page for Mythic Wonders: The Child of Prophecy, which was already on the site but was pretty barren. I ended up filling up the page quite a bit.

And last up is another hidden object game, Mythic Wonders: Philosopher's Stone. Another page I had to create and then proceeded to fill in. This one was the heftiest page I think this week with it clocking in at around 1,100 points. I also created the franchise page for Mythic Wonders and the company Organic 2 Digital to go along with this one.

Wrap Up

And there you have it, another hidden object filled week of wiki editing. These hidden object game pages are really starting to blur together now because of just how similar they really are. I have to stop myself from basically writing the exact same page for each of these, but they really are so similar. There are in fact some more concepts, similar to the gear puzzle page I did last week that I am thinking about creating because there are just so many games that re-use the same concepts.

Another thing I have noticed about these games is the surprising amount of them that contain typos. I am not sure if there is a concept for that yet, but if not maybe there should be?

Alright ladies and gents, that is it for me this week. As always, share with everyone what you worked on in the wiki lately.