Weird audio from the GB West studio since last wednesday?

hkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It feels like since last wednesday's emergency GB West stream (to cover for the canceled East playdate) something has drastically changed in the audio chain. To me it sounds like all the mics are clipping a bit, but some voices sound like they're being recorded from a mic that's in the room, but not near the person speaking.

The most recent example of this is the wolcen quicklook. In the beginning of the video (About a minute in) Ben sounds like he's talking and there's a mic in the room, but not attached to him. Rorie sounds like he would if I had a head cold.

I looked at some videos before then and found the audio sounded far more "normal". I asked about this in chat on Friday's UPF and other's agreed with me. Anyone else hearing this?

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were talking about the "Pearl" not working properly anymore, i'm guessing they've changed a lot of their set up to work around it and that's what's causing the issues, but that's a guess.
They're probably aware of the clipping mics, it'll be resolved in time.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3 FinalDasa  Moderator

Yep, this is a known issue. Been some troubles out in audio land. Luckily it's a known issue and hopefully it can be rustled up soon.

unastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Took us a while to figure out what blew up, but we nailed it down. Things should start sounding more normal (if not better) in the future.

hkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you!!