#152 Posted by Krevee (190 posts) -

Wooo fresh meat!

I mean Welcome Jason and Dan!

#153 Posted by drdust (86 posts) -

Love that fact that these duders are part or the site, great hire, totally fits

#154 Posted by wolfskind (105 posts) -

Welcome to the side dudes.

#155 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1715 posts) -

Hey, welcome! so uhhh...Jason...when's Mahvel?

#156 Posted by Quantris (1253 posts) -

Welcome to the site to you both!

I'm a bit worried about Jason though, because Drew sounded a little too happy to be in charge of someone during the bombcast. Seriously, I hope he can take it.

#157 Posted by GTCknight (728 posts) -

Welcome to the site Dan and Jason. Relax and enjoy the ride called Giant Bomb.

Oh, I should warn the two to keep your eye on Brad, don't let him abduct and replace you with a pod-people version that loves DOTA.

#158 Posted by Xavtron (127 posts) -

Welcome to Giantbomb guys, I was a fan of your content when I used to visit Game Informer. can't wait to see what you produce/contribute to here.

#159 Posted by Jacanuk (26 posts) -

Welcome to CBS&Giantbomb Dan and Jason.

#160 Edited by NMC2008 (1248 posts) -

Welcome Dan and Jason, may lord Gurtsmann(I know) shine his blessing upon you and if he does shine that blessing be sure to reject it right before you sweep the leg to get him down, then proceed to loot his body for gold and monkey pelts and his only copy of Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust. Take the LSLBOB to Brad whom will proceed to not play it well and blame the game for not being good enough for his gaming skillz. After watching Brad go nuts proceed to sweep the leg then loot his body for 10 bottle caps, 4 apples and his prized Medal of Shame. Take the medal of shame to Vinny whom will exchange his first born son for the medal, take the kid over to Patrick whom will give you the options to:

1. Sweep The Leg

2. Sweep The Leg

After making your decision be sure to loot Patrick for hair curls, the goatee of evil Patrick and a dvd on tape of Grandma's Boy, take the tape to Alex whom will sigh and give you the his rock band drums, reject the drums and sweep the leg, Alex has nothing of value so you plant the monkey pelts on him and call the guards to dispose of the ruffian. Take The Horse of Alex and ride over to The House of Madman Rorie, threaten rorie with a leg sweep and he will proceed to give you what you set out on your quest for......... absolutely nothing. The End??????? Yeah i'm done. Welcome guys. Ignore this nonsense I wrote.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
#161 Edited by spilledmilkfactory (2085 posts) -

Welcome to the site guys! I've been super excited to see what the new hires will bring to GB, and I know you won't disappoint. Looking forward to that Sniper Elite QL tomorrow.

#162 Posted by SpikeSpiegel00 (131 posts) -

Welcome Dan and Jason, Look forward to hearing more from you.

#163 Edited by Humanity (18586 posts) -

I'm pumped for the first Quick Look with fresh people!

Welcome to the circus Dan and Jason.

Hopefully Drew is already passing on his Tricaster knowledge to Jason - how to linger uncomfortably close on Jeffs face when he's disappointed.

#164 Posted by medacris (738 posts) -

Wait, who/what happened? I missed this info.

#165 Posted by NeoAthanasius (106 posts) -

Welcome Dan and Jason! I'm very excited to have you here to goof-off and laugh with us. We really are a nice bunch...I promise!

#166 Posted by supamon (1339 posts) -

Welcome to the jungle! Looking forward to seeing fresh perspectives and content.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
#167 Posted by ClairvoyantVibrations (1616 posts) -

Welcome to Jason and Dan...Dason... Jan? I figure we should just start making weird mixed names and fan fiction now cause it's bound to happen eventually.

Anyway. Really happy to see some new faces on the Bomb Squad!

#168 Edited by JoeyRavn (5287 posts) -

Welcome Dan and Jason to this, your website about video games, Giant Bomb. Not Giant Bob, though. That's a completely different website we don't talk about.

#169 Posted by Branthog (5777 posts) -

I'm only vaguely aware of either of you, via the game informer podcasts, but I am looking forward to being entertained by you both. So. Now. Let's go. Entertain me, god damn it! :)

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
#170 Edited by Zomgfruitbunnies (1275 posts) -

@skyfire543 said:

Welcome to Jason and Dan...Dason... Jan? I figure we should just start making weird mixed names and fan fiction now cause it's bound to happen eventually.

Are you telling me there is already existing fanfiction about the GB staff?

No, wait, what am I saying. Of course, there is.

#171 Posted by sparky_buzzsaw (8818 posts) -

@zomgfruitbunnies: Just please, for the love of Pete, don't tell me there are stories about the mods. I think I might go. Find a cave to live in.

Anyways, I've said this elsewhere, but welcome, fellas! Now hit those big ass ramps and get involved with the hamburger sandwich discussions, posthaste.

#172 Posted by TruthTellah (9821 posts) -

@skyfire543 said:

Yep. Plenty of GB fan fiction.

Heck, there was even amazing GameSpot fan fiction...

Loading Video...

#173 Posted by andrew2696 (626 posts) -
Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
#174 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (7830 posts) -

Welcome to the site Dan and Jason! It's really cool you guys came to work here. Like I said in the other thread, I'm not really familiar with either of you, but I sure am looking forward to it!

#175 Posted by TruthTellah (9821 posts) -

@zomgfruitbunnies: Just please, for the love of Pete, don't tell me there are stories about the mods. I think I might go. Find a cave to live in.

Anyways, I've said this elsewhere, but welcome, fellas! Now hit those big ass ramps and get involved with the hamburger sandwich discussions, posthaste.

I'm not familiar with any about the mods. Only about Sweep.

#176 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (1275 posts) -

@truthtellah: See, this is why I hate living in China. WHAT IS THIS VIDEO I HAVE TO KNOW!

#177 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5150 posts) -

Welcome, Jason and Dan!

From now on I'm gonna call Jason "Awe Stryker." Or maybe not.

#178 Edited by TruthTellah (9821 posts) -
@zomgfruitbunnies said:

@truthtellah: See, this is why I hate living in China. WHAT IS THIS VIDEO I HAVE TO KNOW!

Oh no! It's an amazing video of Ryan, Jeff, Alex, and the GameSpot folks acting out bad fanfiction.

#179 Posted by headshot2391 (78 posts) -

Welcome Duders, looking forward to your work,

dan i'm looking forward to more pranking stories from your past, should be fun

#180 Edited by TruthTellah (9821 posts) -

Welcome Jason!

No Caption Provided

#181 Edited by Zomgfruitbunnies (1275 posts) -

@truthtellah: For now, I suppose I'll just take solace in knowing that this thing exists. One day, I'll watch the shit out of it. Just you wait, video, just you wait.

#182 Posted by Jodski (256 posts) -

Welcome new duders!

Looking forward to everything you both will intentionally and unintentionally(my favorite!) bring to GiantBomb!

#183 Posted by Liam89 (38 posts) -

Welcome to bothe Dan and Jason, i've been following Dan since GI days and super replays so good things ahead.

#184 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5150 posts) -

@zomgfruitbunnies said:

@skyfire543 said:

There was a fanfic where Jeff ate Ryan and another one in which, if I remember correctly, Ryan had sex with the male protagonist of the fanfic in the restroom of a pizza place (Looks like this one got deleted. Weird.)

#185 Posted by dudeglove (13683 posts) -

@alexandersheen: Don't forget whoever wrote that messed up Vinny's venetian blinds-leading-the-blind thing either.

#187 Posted by Capum15 (6005 posts) -

@zomgfruitbunnies said:

@skyfire543 said:

Loading Video...

I have a huge smile on my face right now. I don't know if it'll go away. That was one of the greatest things I've ever seen, seeing everyone so young but already doing such a dumb thing. It's right up there with the Ryan/Brad/Brad TNT bit where they saw the young Muir and Ryan lost his shit. Oh god Giantbomb makes me so happy sometimes.

Anyway, welcome Dan and Jason! I hope you find a cozy home at this Giantest of Bombs.

#188 Posted by rmanthorp (4632 posts) -

Welcome Dan, Jason and hopefully semi-full-time member Paul.

#189 Posted by Pepsicolaboy (356 posts) -

Welcome to the fold! Looking forward to your involvement in the site Dan and Jason!

#190 Posted by rflx (600 posts) -

yay for new blood! Welcome duders

#191 Posted by Zevvion (5965 posts) -

@capum15 said:
@truthtellah said:

@zomgfruitbunnies said:

@skyfire543 said:

Loading Video...

I have a huge smile on my face right now. I don't know if it'll go away. That was one of the greatest things I've ever seen, seeing everyone so young but already doing such a dumb thing. It's right up there with the Ryan/Brad/Brad TNT bit where they saw the young Muir and Ryan lost his shit. Oh god Giantbomb makes me so happy sometimes.

Anyway, welcome Dan and Jason! I hope you find a cozy home at this Giantest of Bombs.

Watching this video makes me think about Alex's RoboCop review. It was so great. Here it is:

Loading Video...

#192 Posted by Red_Piano (280 posts) -

Yes, a new staffer that is fluent in fighting games, at long last shall the throne for best GiantBomb fighting game player be contended? Shall Jeff "Mr. Tracksuit" Gerstmann finally be toppled?! FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF UNPROFESSIONAL FRIDAYS HOPEFULLY MAYBE.

#193 Posted by DonMFJohnson (184 posts) -

Well met Jason and Dan! I'm excited to see you spread your stuff all over Giant Bomb.

#194 Posted by McLargepants (445 posts) -

When will we see Jason beat the crap out of Jeff at SF4? Or maybe Divekick... Anyway I'm really excited to see what happens next!

#195 Posted by MichelleWomann (14 posts) -

Welcome, huma- I mean "duders"!

I hope Dan and Jason bring over their Replay sensibilities in some form. New games are fun and all but let's face it: Sheep, Dog 'n' Wolf came out back in '01 and had cartoonish stealth mechanics.

#196 Posted by Ninja (590 posts) -

Welcome folks! I think this will lead to great stuff and a renewed commitment to fantastic content!

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
#197 Posted by thelastgunslinger (590 posts) -

Welcome new duders! Both Jason and Dan did great work over at GI and I can't wait to see what they bring to Giantbomb.

#198 Posted by ienkub (32 posts) -

welcome, Dan and Jason! I look forward to getting to know you :)

#199 Posted by squarewings (8 posts) -

These new guys seem amazing!

I thought they were hilarious on the Bombcast, I can't wait to hear/see more from both of them.

I love GB, I'm super excited the team is getting bigger. Keep up the amazing work!

Avatar image for pliggethefallen
#200 Posted by PliggeTheFallen (123 posts) -

Happy Jason and Dan made there way over to Giant Bomb! I loved all their work at GI, so I know they will fit in fantastic and produce some awesome content!