#1  Edited By PufferFiz
kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kashif1

@PufferFiz: Do an interview with him and post it, I want to know why these people felt the need to be such #$@$@#. (I'm not sure what those symbols mean either)

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By PufferFiz

Ha, well he is in court now and in FBI custody.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By iam3green

pretty interesting, you never know what people do outside of school.

one time a kid broad a gun to school. it ended up being  a BB gun. kid told everyone which was pretty stupid of him. he ended up getting expelled from the school. he was black, just had to put that out there.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@iam3green said:

pretty interesting, you never know what people do outside of school. one time a kid broad a gun to school. it ended up being a BB gun. kid told everyone which was pretty stupid of him. he ended up getting expelled from the school. he was black, just had to put that out there.

A classmate once brought an actual gun to school. He was sent home for the rest of the day. He was white.

waitwhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By waitwhat

there was a gang fight during one of the football games at my high school. they were all hispanic.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By cornbredx

Good. I love how hackers think they can get away with stuff.. oh shnap- IZ GOT CAUGHT- but i'm so awesome, how could this ever happen?

Real hackers are more intelligent then Lulzsec

@iam3green: @PrivateIronTFU: I once (many a year ago) brought a switch blade comb to school. I got suspended. I'm a dude of the white persuasion (which you can tell by my ridiculous word play). I was also mad poor. Just putting that out there. =P

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

I put a hole in a wall at my church once. I am white.

kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kingclaw

A guy in my school threatened a teacher with a gun, he didn't point it at him, just shown it under his pants. Then the teacher went to the principal office and cried, it was hilarious.

The kid was expelled. He was mexican..... like most people in Mexico.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EuanDewar

This thread is weird.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PufferFiz

@CornBREDX said:

Good. I love how hackers think they can get away with stuff.. oh shnap- IZ GOT CAUGHT- but i'm so awesome, how could this ever happen?

@iam3green: @PrivateIronTFU: I once (many a year ago) brought a switch blade comb to school. I got suspended. I'm a dude of the white persuasion (which you can tell by my ridiculous word play). I was also mad poor. Just putting that out there. =P

but the sad part is he will probably get a good job when he gets out

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kashif1

@kingclaw said:

A guy in my school threatened a teacher with a gun, he didn't point it at him, just shown it under his pants. Then the teacher went to the principal office and cried, it was hilarious.

Thats not very funny, I don't blame the teacher for being scared.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By AuthenticM

10-15 years? Jesus Christ, that's fucked up, America.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kashif1

@AuthenticM said:

77 million psn accounts, thousands of forum goers from everywhere from Betesda to Mediafire had their details leaked, that is a crime and 10 years seems an appropriate amount of time.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By cornbredx

@PufferFiz: I don't think that's sad. That's just what happens, and no that's not a guarantee just likely if he cares to try being legit. All the high profile ones tend to have that happen anyway, and then they catch dudes like these. Its a crazy vicious cycle haha

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AuthenticM

@kashif1 said:

@AuthenticM said:

77 million psn accounts, thousands of forum goers from everywhere from Betesda to Mediafire had their details leaked, that is a crime and 10 years seems an appropriate amount of time.

no, it does not. Regardless of how many people got hacked, it was a non-violent crime, and should be dealt as such.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mmmslash

@kashif1: You're confused here. Lulzsec and Anonymous are different groups. They're also not on friendly terms.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By OllyOxenFree

@AuthenticM said:

@kashif1 said:

@AuthenticM said:

no, it does not. Regardless of how many people got hacked, it was a non-violent crime, and should be dealt as such.

Dude, are you serious?

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kashif1

@Mmmslash said:

@kashif1: You're confused here. Lulzsec and Anonymous are different groups. They're also not on friendly terms.

Didn't anonymous deny involvement in the psn attacks and didn't lulzsec take out sony pictures? I admit I was jumping to conclusions but it is a reasonable conclusion.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AuthenticM

@OllyOxenFree said:

@AuthenticM said:

@kashif1 said:

@AuthenticM said:

Dude, are you serious?

I am very serious. I've seen murderers and child rapists get less than this. I'm sorry, but there is something seriously fucked up with you if you think that more than 10 years of prison or more for something like this is "okay".

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By OllyOxenFree

@AuthenticM said:

I am very serious.

OK, just checking.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kashif1

@AuthenticM said:

@OllyOxenFree said:

@AuthenticM said:

@kashif1 said:

@AuthenticM said:

Dude, are you serious?

I am very serious. I've seen murderers and child rapists get less than this. I'm sorry, but there is something seriously fucked up with you if you think that more than 10 years of prison or more for something like this is "okay".

The murderers and child rapists should get more time, this guy should not get less.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AuthenticM

@kashif1 said:

@AuthenticM said:

@OllyOxenFree said:

@AuthenticM said:

@kashif1 said:

@AuthenticM said:

Dude, are you serious?

The murderers and child rapists should get more time, this guy should not get less.

Yes he should. Prison is not the panacea of society's ills.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Branthog

A school should be proud of fostering an intellect capable of monumental hacking activities instead of just another thug or gas-pumping dumb-ass. Most of today's bright tech stars (whether game developers or kernel hackers) started off doing things that were no big deal a couple decades ago but because of fear-mongering would get them on a watch-list and serving prison-time, today. Because people are fucking dumb-asses.

On the other hand, this cracker (proper term for these activities; hacker is a term abused by the media) -- assuming he's actually guilty as accused, which we can't really assume -- is accused of basicaly being a script-kiddie... which while not really deserving of some massive penalty... is pretty shameful and pathetic. There's nothing creative about doing something as simple and mindless as, say, a pingflood or SQL injection.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Turambar
@AuthenticM said:

@OllyOxenFree said:

@AuthenticM said:

@kashif1 said:

@AuthenticM said:

Dude, are you serious?

There is no such mandate that felonies have to be violent crimes.  This would easily fall under "grand theft", which is a felony.
Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@AuthenticM: Tell that to the individual state government this man is being tried under.

@PufferFiz: What kind of publicity DID your school want?

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AuthenticM

@Turambar said:

There is no such mandate that felonies have to be violent crimes. This would easily fall under "grand theft", which is a felony.

Don't be a slave; be a man and think for yourself.

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Juicebox

Hypocrites all of you.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Turambar
@AuthenticM said:

@Turambar said:

There is no such mandate that felonies have to be violent crimes. This would easily fall under "grand theft", which is a felony.

Don't be a wuss; be a man and accept the fact that you made a wholly inaccurate statement of "violent crimes" and someone called you out on it.
kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kashif1

@AuthenticM said:

@Turambar said:

I am, and I'm thinking that my identity was probably compromised in one of their attacks and I'm rather $%^#$%$. No clue what that means.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PufferFiz

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1: well since our Network security program is getting a Department of Defence grant. .. not this.. :/

so camera crew where here a hour ago, one of the top heads of the school was doing a interview.. his face looked pissed.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AuthenticM

@Turambar said:

accept the fact that you made a wholly inaccurate statement of "violent crimes"

Enlighten me.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Turambar
@AuthenticM said:

@Turambar said:

Enlighten me.

"There is no such mandate that felonies have to be violent crimes.  This would easily fall under "grand theft", which is a felony."
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By napalm

@Turambar said:

@AuthenticM said:

@Turambar said:

Don't be a wuss; be a man and accept the fact that you made a wholly inaccurate statement of "violent crimes" and someone called you out on it.

I love you.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AuthenticM

@Turambar said:

@AuthenticM said:

@Turambar said:

Enlighten me.

"There is no such mandate that felonies have to be violent crimes. This would easily fall under "grand theft", which is a felony."

That's what the State says. Don't be a slave and think for yourself. Or, if your definition of violence is also as broad as this, then, like I said earlier, there is something seriously fucked up with you people.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Turambar
@AuthenticM said:

@Turambar said:

@AuthenticM said:

@Turambar said:

Enlighten me.

"There is no such mandate that felonies have to be violent crimes. This would easily fall under "grand theft", which is a felony."

That's what the State says. Don't be a slave and think for yourself. Or, if your definition of violence is also as broad as this, then, like I said earlier, there is something seriously fucked up with you people.

I fail to see how the breadth of the definition of violence have anything to do with grand theft being considered a felony.  If your definition of "felony" is narrow enough as to only incorporate violence, there is something fucked up with you.
CountChocula96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CountChocula96

@kingclaw said:

WOW What a pussy lol! They ONLY got their lives threatned at gunpoint!

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AuthenticM

@Turambar said:

If your definition of "felony" is narrow enough as to only incorporate violence

It's not. I don't have a problem with that. What I have a problem with is someone getting fifteen fucking years behind bars for the crime that he did. If you cannot understand my point of view, I suggest we leave it at that, as I am most certainly not trading places.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By niamahai

this is why my parents send me to a $60K/yr private school!  
so i don't have to put with this horrible filth!

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By Gabriel

@AuthenticM said:

@Turambar said:

It's not. I don't have a problem with that. What I have a problem with is someone getting fifteen fucking years behind bars for the crime that he did. If you cannot understand my point of view, I suggest we leave it at that, as I am most certainly not trading places.

They have to set examples and let people know they are accountable for what they do on the internet.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AuthenticM

@Gabriel said:

They have to set examples and let people know they are accountable for what they do on the internet.

The intensity of the punishment does not deter people from committing crimes; the assurance of being punished does.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#43  Edited By Little_Socrates

@AuthenticM: The man threatened the security of 77 million people. Is that not violence? Taking one's sense of welfare is far more destructive than punching them in the face. I think you'd agree that 77 million counts of assault would similarly deserve at least 10-15 years, wouldn't you agree?

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By shiftymagician

@AuthenticM said:

@Turambar said:

I would have to side with AuthenticM on this one. No law is perfect and seeing people who do crimes I consider not as bad get longer sentences than people who basically harm other human beings in potentially sick ways just depresses me slightly. Only slightly though because I am pretty jaded of the legal system at this point. There aren't as many people that want to question the law and continually analyse it for inconsistencies it seems to me, only people that just accept it and assume it is always correct because they cannot change it.

PS: I'm not trying to be definitive here as this is a completely subjective opinion here, so sorry if I accidentaly have definitive-sounding language here.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By crusader8463

Glad to see one more of them will be getting lulzsaced on a daily bases by a large burly man for several years to come.

Amilmitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Amilmitt

he stole from over 77 million people.

thats like stealing from someone and getting 1 day in jail times 77 million, it makes perfect sense.

people who murder and rape should get far more than 10-15.

your squishing the whole 77 million into one crime when its technically 77 million crimes.

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Blannir

@AuthenticM said:

@Gabriel said:

The intensity of the punishment does not deter people from committing crimes; the assurance of being punished does.

Gotta disagree here. People steal cars all the time and they know they'll be punished for it if caught but they don't care because in most cases they can get back on the street fairly quickly. If stealing a car was a flat 15 years in prison people would think more carefully if one car is worth their life or not.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Well, that's what he gets for breaking the law (assuming he did it). If he didn't, then hopefully they'll let him go.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AuthenticM

@Blannir said:

@AuthenticM said:

@Gabriel said:

Gotta disagree here. People steal cars all the time and they know they'll be punished for it if caught but they don't care because in most cases they can get back on the street fairly quickly. If stealing a car was a flat 15 years in prison people would think more carefully if one car is worth their life or not.

What I have said has been proven a long time ago. I'm not talking out of my hat, believe me.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By toowalrus

@PufferFiz said:

@CornBREDX said:

but the sad part is he will probably get a good job when he gets out

If he gets the max, the way we view computers in 15 years will be so radically different he'll be useless.

...I bet he doesn't do a day over 3 months- if that.