What are some 2019 PC games that are worth playing, and will also run on anything?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I won’t be in a position to buy a new gaming PC for a bit longer, so what are the standouts of this year that seem like they would run on a pretty underwhelming PC or laptop? Yes, yes, I know I could technically buy The Outer Worlds and turn off all effects and put everything on Low and essentially have a PS2 game, but I’ll save games of that sort for some point in the future when I have a more powerful PC available.

So what are some smaller, less horsepower-intensive PC games that have grabbed your attention this year?

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really enjoyed Slay the Spire and Dicey Dungeons, but I think YMMV depending on if that genre is for you. That's all I've really played in general on PC other than Disco Elysium which I think would probably look bad...I can run it on my old laptop with everything turned down to low and it looks...not great.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

Six Ages comes to mind immediately for me. It has almost no animation at all but great art and it's a fantastic story telling based strategy game. It's a spiritual sequel to cult classic King of Dragon Pass (Quick Look of that game) and so far I'm really loving the update on that formula.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

AI: The Somnium Files is a great mystery adventure game from the director of the Zero Escape series if you're looking for one of those, his best work since 999 in my opinion.

Whispers of a Machine is another adventure game, this one of the point and click variety, that has some genuinely interesting mechanics for the genre, altering the choices available to you based on how choices you've made previously. You end up with this almost RPG-like skill system except all built through conversation and choices rather than numbers. It's a short game so the scope of the system is limited, but its a great twist on the familiar genre.

Indivisible is maybe not as compelling as I'd hoped it would be in its long development, but it certainly delivers on the fun flair of the Valkyrie Profile combat its cribbing from. The storytelling isn't going to wow you but its still a fun action RPG that I'd easily recommend if you're looking for one of those.

I'll also just say that Globesweeper is certainly a thing that grabbed my attention this year. When you get down to it, its just Minesweeper in 3D, kind of like Picross 3D but less interesting, but if you like Minesweeper this thing is a fantastic version of that. Playing this for short 15-30 minute breaks really adds up over the course of the year.

GuardianBob87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Children of Morta runs great on integrated graphics

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

• Ape Out
  • Children of Morta
  • Dicey Dungeon
  • My friend Pedro
  • One Finger Death Punch 2
  • What the Golf
  • Untitled Goose Game

... are all recent games that are not graphically intensive and should run fine in lower end laptops (I haven't tried putting them on low).

Pooch516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Later Alligator. I got this game because of the quick look and loved it! a great time if you like adventure games and fun mini games.

VectortheAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By VectortheAngel

Disc Creatures

A Pokemon Red/Blue throw-back with some modern advancements and a different take on the battle system. I've put in 3.5 hours and have really enjoyed my time so far.