What are the worst games you've played this gen?

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#201  Edited By Akeldama

@WickedFather said:

Far Cry 2 - boooooring

Lost Planet - fucking bullshit

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Shite - booooooring.

Far Cry 2 bored you?

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#202  Edited By D0tti
@Akeldama: Oh yeah thanks for reminding me, Far Cry 2 was reaaaaally booring and the respawning really annoyed me.
Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#203  Edited By Rave
@Rolyatkcinmai This is worst game we've played this gen I steer clear of complete crap but Da2's shittyness came out of no where. A story that at times ignored decisions I made earlier in the game. Enemies that popped out of no where, and recycled dungeons and areas. This was a follow up to one of the most ambitious and amazing games I played this gen it sucks that this peice of shit was the follow up how can you defend it?
King_Bonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#204  Edited By King_Bonzo

@Akeldama said:

@WickedFather said:

Far Cry 2 - boooooring

Far Cry 2 bored you?

Far Cry 2 was one of those games where you put in as much as you get out of it. I had some crazy scenarios emerge while playing that game purely by chance that Infinity Ward would have killed for.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Rave
@King_Bonzo I hated farcry 2 when I first played thought it was boring, hated driving everywhere and respawning check points. Then one day the game just clicked for me and I just love it now I play in very short bursts as traveling still gets tedious but I have about 20 Hrs into it and love throwing it on now hope farcry 3 lives up to 2 now never thought I'd say that.
King_Bonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By King_Bonzo

@Rave: Travelling was a bitch yes but made it seem more real. The panic of having to fix your truck while being attacked on all sides is something unique to that game. It took some time to click for me too.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By cstrang

@Demoskinos said:

Opinions are opinions but I seriously can't believe people are listing some of the games they are.

Seriously. I was gonna post my opinion in here but after reading the first few pages I've decided to just walk away.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@Rolyatkcinmai: I'm not sure you understand how opinions work. Keep in mind that this is a list of the worst games you'veplayed this gen. I've played a lot of mediocre games, but the only truly awful game I've played this gen is The Outfit. You know why? Because I'm smart enough to stay away from the shitty ones to begin with.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#211  Edited By AgnosticJesus

I really disliked Shadowrun. I went in knowing it was a MP game only but the fact that I paid $60 for that piece of shit on day 1 still burns me. Duke Nukem sucked as well but I rented it through Redbox so the sting isn't as bad.

Shadoestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#212  Edited By Shadoestar

Kane & Lynch 2: An absolutely abysmal game that charges you $60 for what resembles a budget game with only four hours of gameplay.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Akeldama

@King_Bonzo said:

@Akeldama said:

@WickedFather said:

Far Cry 2 - boooooring

Far Cry 2 bored you?

Far Cry 2 was one of those games where you put in as much as you get out of it. I had some crazy scenarios emerge while playing that game purely by chance that Infinity Ward would have killed for.

If you gave it an honest go and realized the pacing was not that of your typical highly scripted twitch shooter ala Call of Duty, the game was a real joy to play. Especially the final section in the heart of darkness. People missed out.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#214  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@Rolyatkcinmai: I'm not sure you understand how opinions work. Keep in mind that this is a list of the worst games you'veplayed this gen. I've played a lot of mediocre games, but the only truly awful game I've played this gen is The Outfit. You know why? Because I'm smart enough to stay away from the shitty ones to begin with.

As has been beaten into everyone else's heads in this thread by far more intelligent people than you, "worst" is a qualitative assessment. The Outfit is valid. Some of the ones suggested for sheer "did he just say that?" factor are not. Let's not pretend anyone that says Modern Warfare 2 is the worst game they've played this generation is doing it out of honesty. It's the same kind of petty bullshit you see every single day on individual boards where people either lament or try to justify their purchases by entrenching themselves on one extreme of the issue.

This has been discussed ad nauseum and everyone else has seemed to finally understand. Perhaps you will eventually too.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#215  Edited By hermes

I ussualy don't buy bad games this generation because of costs...

If I had to name the worst one, it would be Heavenly Sword; and the one I enjoyed the least was GTA IV

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Nekroskop

Dead Rising and DA:O are mentioned in this thread. I'm outta here.

Skrams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Skrams

Felt like tossing my hat of poo in the ring. I'm seeing a lot of console releases but not much XBLA/PSN or handheld?

Straight up things I disliked

Rogue Warrior- I literally just beat this today and was hoping it'd have more to show than the QL showed, more bad cursing but eh, QL was the best thing to come of this game

Unbound Saga- Just it was $2 on XBLA once and who says no to that? I have no idea why they bothered porting this. It's just ugh.

Dead Space Ignition- I sort of ragequit this due to some tough puzzle but I still found the game to be bleh. If you're going to make a $5 animated comic game thing at least make the animated comic pretty.

Yaris and Duke Nukem Forever- Nothing has to be said?

Also a lot of people putting things they were disappointed in or things they found boring as the worst games. Also people using this as a soapbox for somethingsomething and I paid $60 day one and I'm sad. If I were to make a list of boring things I'd played this gen it'd be Crysis 2, Blade Kitten, Dash of Destruction, RAGE sort of, Red Faction Armageddon, Prince of Persia, Undergarden, Hydrophobia, and I guess Dance! Its Your Stage? That was just me looking through my XBL Activity, but I'm pretty sure I've bought some disgusting DS, PS3/PSN games, or Steam as well. Also the list would of been longer probably if I included disappointments.

Edit- Checked Steam but man, fucking Garshasp. It's cool it was made with all that free source stuff by 2 doods in Iran or whatever it was but ugh.

Robot_Moses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Robot_Moses
  • Duke Nukem Forever
  • Yaris
  • Rogue Warrior( I played the ENTIRE game...in ONE sitting.)
  • Bionic Commando
  • The Force Unleashed 1&2
  • Beowulf
  • Dark Void
  • Far Cry 2
  • Brutal Legend
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Fable 3
  • Undertow
  • Both Kane and Lynch games

Probably a lot more, but those are the ones that spring to mind.

bighat_logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By bighat_logan

dead island

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By BBQBram

Probably Modern Warfare 2. Although that's not that bad, it's definitely the worst. I don't own that though, lent it from a friend. I try not to buy bad games.

zDarkHerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#221  Edited By zDarkHerald

Two Worlds and Mind Jack

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#222  Edited By StarvingGamer

Grand Theft Auto IV

Red Dead Redemption

Avatar image for hershelgeorgelives
hershelgeorgelives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chicken Shoot

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By DrPockets000

I hated almost every second of Operation Raccoon City.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#225  Edited By Svenzon

I've steered clear of most bad games this generation, but I did for some reason play through Homefront. And that is the only game that's actually made me angry over how awful it was. The gameplay felt like a summary of everything that's wrong with FPS games nowadays, the plot was jingoistic bullshit and the characters (Connor in particular) were completely useless. Fuck John Milius and Kaos Studios.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#226  Edited By pyromagnestir

I haven't played any games that I thought were outright bad so far this generation... If I had to give out a Worsties type award then the "winners" would be: Fallout New Vegas was most broken, Infamous was most boring, Assassin's Creed was worst designed, and Heavy Rain was most disappointing game but none of them were bad... Assassin's Creed was probably closest to bad though.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Clonedzero

this thread is 80% trolling with people just saying popular games to get attention...

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Seesic

Modern Warfare, I really liked 2 and Black Ops but the first just was not for me.

Tekken 6, the campaign was rather lacking.

Brink, it was fun but the lag when multiple people played was too much, and the weapons were, eh.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#229  Edited By frankfartmouth

Red Steel. It looked pretty cool at E3, Ubisoft was a reliable name, the Wii was new, the hype was there. That game was utter shit. It was my cold hard introduction to 3rd party Wii.

Dragon Age 2 would be a distant 2nd, although like someone else said, it isn't really that bad of a game, just a big letdown after the first.

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By rolanthas

@frankfartmouth: Oh god yes, what a disappointment Red Steel was. And it wasn't just about the controls, the game was trying its hardest not to let you have any semblance of fun.

sashimi_biscut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By sashimi_biscut

I liked sonic unleashed. Come at me.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#232  Edited By tourgen

I didn't like Brutal Legend at all. which made me sad because I really wanted to and the opening scene was great. But man what a bad game. The RTS stuff just wasn't fun and the open world bits were boring.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#233  Edited By benspyda

@tourgen said:

I didn't like Brutal Legend at all. which made me sad because I really wanted to and the opening scene was great. But man what a bad game. The RTS stuff just wasn't fun and the open world bits were boring.

I think most felt the same. I just powered through the story stuff and ignored as much of the open world as I could, but it would have been so much better without the clunky RTS stuff.

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#234  Edited By hawkinson76

@wewantsthering said:

@awesomeusername: You listed other games that were actually terrible. I just don't see how you can actually think MW3 is on par with those games. Also there are absolutes and some ideas are just stupid, even in the world of opinion. :-d

These lists are subjective? I also played about 30 minutes of MW2 and stopped. damn sales.

For me, the worst was Oblivoin: The opening got me pumped, couldn't believe the graphics were in engine and real time. But the game played like crap, and I kept pressing on, making excuses (HATE myself for doing that), dumping a dozen hours into it before realizing I should do something fun and enjoyable.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#235  Edited By benspyda

@hawkinson76 said:

@wewantsthering said:

@awesomeusername: You listed other games that were actually terrible. I just don't see how you can actually think MW3 is on par with those games. Also there are absolutes and some ideas are just stupid, even in the world of opinion. :-d

These lists are subjective? I also played about 30 minutes of MW2 and stopped. damn sales.

For me, the worst was Oblivoin: The opening got me pumped, couldn't believe the graphics were in engine and real time. But the game played like crap, and I kept pressing on, making excuses (HATE myself for doing that), dumping a dozen hours into it before realizing I should do something fun and enjoyable.

I loved Oblivion to bits when it came out, sunk somewhere between 200-300 hours. Went back to it recently and the combat made me sad. Same with Morrowind I guess, that combat system doesn't hold up at all. Shame because their both amazing games. Now I'm off to go play Skyrim.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkinson76 said:

@wewantsthering said:

I'm not quite sure if you're trying arguing with me or not. lol

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Brunchies

Showtime Championship Boxing, That game was the worst I've played ever. Also linking games in the database doesn't work for me.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By notdavid

I can't think of a game that I bought and hated this gen. Final Fantasy XIII is the closest I got, and it wasn't bad. It just wasn't what I was looking for in a Final Fantasy game.

Lagaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Lagaroth
Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Gargantuan

Hmm, probably Fable 2.

Avatar image for captaincharisma
CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By CaptainCharisma

@Jay444111 said:

Prince of Persia 2008 one is easily the worst game I honestly have ever played in my entire life, There are some games that I know for a fact suck. But this game... it made you feel like you would get to a good part only to throw that out the window at all times. Fuck that game and whoever made it. Piece of shit that shouldn't have been made or thought of in the ENTIRETY of existence and all alternate realities and universes!

Oddly enough, that's one of my favorite games of all time.

Some of the worst games I've played have to be Ninja Blade and Rise of the Argonauts. The younger version of myself would include Final Fantasy Tactics since I bought that game on three occasions and was never able to get past the first real battle and could not understand I was doing and thought it was broken. Thankfully, I can play through it now.

Edit: Bulletwitch has to also be one of the worst games I've ever played.

Avatar image for phantomgardener
PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By PhantomGardener

Far Cry 2

Wolfenstein

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By hawkinson76

@wewantsthering said:

@hawkinson76 said:

@wewantsthering said:

Because I am polite? I do not troll.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkinson76 said:

@wewantsthering said:

@hawkinson76 said:

@wewantsthering said:

Well that's part of it, but I also just don't see how you were disagreeing with anything I said.

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By hawkinson76

@wewantsthering said:

@hawkinson76 said:

@wewantsthering said:

@hawkinson76 said:

@wewantsthering said:

Well that's part of it, but I also just don't see how you were disagreeing with anything I said.

There is no such thing as an "actually terrible" or "actually good" game. I'm sure there were many "good" games that don't end up on this list for me simply because I didn't play them, or only played them briefly. lets see: Forza 2 (maybe 2 laps), Marvel Ultimate Alliance (that intro movie was cool), Halo (no thank you), the list goes on. Its called filtering.

This is actually a more interesting question than I at first thought. The worst game experience can't be a game you didn't play, in fact, it is probably something you spent too many hours on, and walked away hating it. And that's weird, because it is so easy to turn a game off (just press that guide button). What caused the filter to fail? There has to be some hook to keep you playing through an unpleasant experience, like a bad relationship with really good sex.

Avatar image for spacejamlunchbox
SpaceJamLunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers. It's exactly the same as Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad, only it looks worse and has horrible motion controls. I played them both.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Stete

El Shaddai. It's a damn shame because even though the game looks gorgeous, the gameplay is so goddamn bland.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#248  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Risen for the 360

SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers