What are ways you save money when there are so many games that come out every year?

• 55 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mattgiersoni said:

TL;DR; Choose a few games you're willing to buy day 1 and wait for sales for the rest of them.

Pretty much this - be honest to yourself in terms of how much time you can actually dedicate to playing games and choose a set number of games you can realistically play during that time.

Beyond that wait for sales, games drop so fast in price nowadays that the majority of your purchases should be at a steep discount (plus you probably have a better experience once major bugs been ironed out).

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I only buy 2-3 games per year and cry myself to sleep over all the other games I don't get to play. But that's just my method. You can take it or leave it. I don't care. Whatevs!

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've decided to sack off half of the games until next year. Just going to buy the essentials - Red Dead and maybe Battlefield V.

Assassin's Creed, Hitman 2 and Fallout 76 can wait. It's such a busy time of year with all of the parties and Christmas shopping.

WanLaghima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always save my change. I only pay things with bills and everything else goes into a big plastic container. When it fills up, I exchange it for bills, hide that and start over. At the moment, I live in Japan, so it racks up quite easy as ¥100 and ¥500 (roughly $1 and $5) are made in coins. From there, I treat myself every so often and try to plan ahead for which game I want. I use the hype to keep me focused.

Also, don't pirate games. Its not good.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, here's my deal.

I VERY rarely buy full priced games. One, maybe 2 a year. I buy games that are older/on sale for usually around 10-20 quid. I don't buy another game until I've finished the one I'm playing. Why spend full price on a game when there is usually something else you didn't play from the year before for a fraction of the price?