What are you playing at the moment?

Avatar image for unbelievablepad
UnbelievablePad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just curious as to what game/games everyone is/are playing at the moment. New or old.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Honestly, I have still been out of the game and have so much in my backlog that it really hasn't been anything new.

Newest stuff I have been playing is Gran Turismo Sport maybe once a week for a race or two (30 minutes) and Battlefield 5 (1-2 rounds/week) still with some of the new content and trying the new battle royale mode.

Otherwise I have been trying to slowly finish Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Devil May Cry 4 on my 360. I have so many games from that era that I bought on clearance and still want to finish. Plus with me only playing an hour or so of games every week or two, my progress tends to be slow.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By nutter

Dipped in and out of a few things, but it was all just filling time (which is precious and not to be wasted with filler). Started playing Yakuza Kiwami, instead.

Having a blast, so far!

CaptnKamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two things:
Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled: Last few days of the Grand Prix, almost grinded out that last reward, and found out I'm in the top 4% of the Nitro leaderboards. Looking to stay in the top 5 for that sweet kart.

Dragon Quest Builders 2: This game. It's so good. I cannot stop playing this. It's incredible. I even find myself thinking about planning my town while at work.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was playing Dragon Quest Builders 2, but it turned out to be super-disappointing, so I went back to Dragon Quest XI instead.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God Eater 3 on the switch. Never really planned on getting it since my opinion of the series isn't all that positive but it's mindless fun just focusing on grinding abilities and crafting gear. I'm probably twenty hours into and I don't see myself stopping until Fire Emblem Three Houses is out.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just got done with A Link Between Worlds and I'm currently going through Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. Big backlog year for me. ALBW was fantastic, and I'm having fun with Tools, too.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By FacelessVixen

The waiting game for my PC upgrades to show up. Newegg shipped the CPU, motherboard and RAM which should show up tomorrow. Bought a new monitor and graphics card from Amazon on the same day, and of course they only shipped the monitor as of now. ...Not that I'm shitting on my 1060, but I don't think it can play games very well in 3440 x 1440p above 60 frames very well, which is kind of a thing that I hate about buying new parts, especially those that need a signature.

Other than that, Earth Defense Force 4.1. I like it, but it's also kinda too grindy at times. ...I should watch Starship Troopers.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Destiny 2, Apex Legends, and Forza Horizon 4 mainly. Just got into FH4 recently because of Game Pass and it's like gaming candy, very fun. Feels like the spiritual successor to last gen's Test Drive Unlimited (I loved those games!).

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm replaying Sleeping Dogs for the first time in, I don't know, six years?

I remembered liking it well enough the first time. But, uh, I actually love this game.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've been playing Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Elite: Dangerous on the PC, and Skyrim Special Edition on the Xbox One. DOS2 can get a little intense at times, but otherwise I'm just wanting to chill out while playing games here lately, which Elite: Dangerous and Skyrim are perfect for.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shindig

I've been trying to get GTR working on this PC for several months. A friend at work advised to give a no-cd crack a shot. It runs. Awesome. I'm also playing through Horizon Chase Turbo. Being confined to just races is a little draining but it's really good in short bursts.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Newest stuff I have been playing is Gran Turismo Sport maybe once a week for a race or two (30 minutes) and Battlefield 5 (1-2 rounds/week) still with some of the new content and trying the new battle royale mode.

How is the battle royale mode? I like Battlefield, and feel like it could work there.

Other than that, Earth Defense Force 4.1. I like it, but it's also kinda too grindy at times. ...I should watch Starship Troopers.

Starship Troopers is still great. Highly recommend.

@tds418 said:

Destiny 2, Apex Legends, and Forza Horizon 4 mainly. Just got into FH4 recently because of Game Pass and it's like gaming candy, very fun. Feels like the spiritual successor to last gen's Test Drive Unlimited (I loved those games!).

Forza Horizon 4 is a virtually perfect game.

I'm replaying Sleeping Dogs for the first time in, I don't know, six years?

I remembered liking it well enough the first time. But, uh, I actually love this game.

I should finish that game. Sleepydawgs might be the best Grand Theft Auto game.

As for me, I'm still mostly on HITMAN 2 and Forza Horizon 4, but I'm picking up No Man's Sky this weekend to finally give that a try.

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently...

Hitman 2, Judgment, Bloodstained.

I'm eagerly awaiting No Man's Sky update so I can play it in VR.

I'm having tons of fun with Hitman. The other two - whilst very good, haven't completely hooked me.

sleepydino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Alliance 3, Persona 4 Golden, and the free trial of FFXIV. Worried that one might be hooking me!

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BoboBones

Fire Emblem: Three Houses just finished downloading, so I’m starting that to tonight.

Other then that, I’ve been kickin’ Mario Maker 2 a little OG Skate on Xbox One X, and I just started replaying Chrono Trigger (DS) yesterday. With Fire Emblem out, I’m gonna have to drop something.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

The Surge

(It’s on Game Pass)

With the sequel looming ahead of us in September I decided to check it out and it’s really starting to grow on me. The combat is interesting and I really like the sci-fi twist. There are a lot of systems and upgrades with an entire crafting sub component that serve as a nice carrot on a stick.

The biggest downside so far has been the level aesthetic. I’ve been in several different areas that all more or less look identical to one another. It’s weird that the “Biolabs” are so similar to the “Production” plant area. The technical design is actually pretty clever - as in how the levels loop in on themselves and previously locked pathways open up after you attain an upgrade or key item.

Anyway I think it’s worth checking out if you have Game Pass. (On console)

Faith12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Metro Redux (Last Light) on XBO.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FacelessVixen

Hopefully either Wolfenstein: Youngblood or Control when my new GPU comes in the mail.

...Oh, wait.

*Wolfenstein has to be redeemed though Bethesda Launcher*

Well, that doesn't seem that ba-

*Control has to be redeemed though Epic Game Store*

Hey, I got a free code for Control if anyone wants it.

Edit: 8/10/19
Gave the key to Humanity via PM, so... yeah.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FacelessVixen

@liquiddragon said:

@facelessvixen: r u serious?

Eh, might as well since I put it out there. Control wasn't really on my radar so I'll wait for the Quick Look to see if I'll like it or not and maybe buy it when the game is out. I've got some cash to throw around so $60 is no big deal. And my stance on the Epic Game Store is that I'm iffy about Epic. Them buying up crowd funded games and making the games exclusive to EGS times or not is a dick move, but it's not an opinion that I'm willing to die for since, at the end of the day, business is business and I still give EA money but buying their games every now and then. Also, I bought the 2080 Ti before the promotion was made a thing between June 20th and now, or I just didn't notice it, so it's not like I bought the card with the intent or expectation of getting any games with it. If anything, I just wanted to pay close to $1,200, not $1,300.

So, someone might as well benefit from my lack of hype for Control and my skepticism towards EGS for the sake of not letting a code go to waste, and that someone could be you if you have a PC.

Edit: 8/10/19
Gave the key to Humanity via PM, so... yeah.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@facelessvixen: damn, I'm hyped for Control but most definitely won't be able to run it... :/

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BoOzak

You mean aside from my Vinny-esque experience with The Division 2 which i'm somehow still playing and i'm not even sure whether i've 'finished' it or not?

I played through "Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes" (terrible name) because it was on sale and I liked the other games. The music is good and I like the style but the gameplay got really repetitive (so it's very Suda 51) they tried their best to add variety with a bunch of different themes but none of them did anything all that interesting. There was a pretty big WTF moment for me which I was surprised nobody managed to spoil for me. (which i'll put in a spoiler block even if it isnt technically a spoiler)

Damned Dark Knight!

Now I know not everybody loves "Garcia Fucking Hotspur" and his 'big boner' but I thought Shadows of the Damned was great, it just could have been better, with Shinji Mikami, Suda 51 & Akira Yamaoka on board it probably should have been better but I still enjoyed it.

Anyway, for anyone who hasnt played this budget NMH game (dont blame you, it's a bit overpriced) this is one of the 6 or so games you play on the Death Drive MkII thats initially called Serious Moonlight but turns out to be some weird 'Damned' (as Travis calls it) sort of sequel. Suda getting meta isnt that surprising, in fact theres a bunch of characters and references to his other games in here but this one seemed more highly produced than anything else in the damn game and it makes me hope that all the jokes about a proper sequel have some weight to it. I was honestly more on board with that than NMH3 which was the sole reason for this game to exist in the first place. (I got a bit sick of Travis by the end, not going to lie)

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Homefront: Revolution.

I picked up the digital version of this on the PS Store for about $7 US. I played the first and liked it, but heard that this one wasn't very good. I finished it last night and overall I would say it was worth no more than $7. Everything was okay to meh. It did the open world check-boxes: main objectives, side objectives, collectibles, etc. None of it felt exceptional. Gun-play and weapons were okay.

I normally try to get every trophy/chevo, but really couldn't be bothered to with this game. Also, it doesn't let you go back into the world after you complete the last story mission.

2 guerrillas out of 5 guerrillas.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (2002).

tacobelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FF14 when at home, and RE4 on Switch while out and about. The recent Playdate series really got me itching for another run or 20.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AC: Origins and Prey (2006).

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grand Prix Legends. It feels great, even after 20 years.

chaz934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from Mario Maker I’m trying to clean up my backlog a bit and play a few things that have been on my mind recently.

Namely: DOOMs (1993 and 2016) and Rainbow Six Siege. I also need to start/finish Ghost Recon Wildlands, Sekiro, Days Gone, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Not any new releases I want until October, so hopefully I can know one or two of these out by then.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfenstein: Youngblood.

I mean, it's nice to play for a bit since I'm a little too busy to fully get back in Destiny 2 at the moment. I like it well enough. Not lit AF, but enjoyable for what it is and considering that I got the give via a promo code for buying a new graphics card. But, $30 actually seem right for a lil' something like this.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

For whatever reason, the Madden NFL 20 Quick Look made me really want to play a Madden game again. But not enough to actually go out and buy a new one. So I'm playing Madden NFL 16 again, because that's the last one I bought.

I've been going back and forth between that and Vampyr. Vampyr is interesting, but I also feel compelled to talk to everyone in that game. Not because I'm particularly interested in everything the characters have to say, but more because I feel like this is what the game wants me to do. I feel like this just leads to stretches of a whole lot of dialogue and not much else.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I've been putting off finishing Judgment because I genuinely dislike how the central mystery is playing out, in terms of the way it gets unraveled. The main characters are detectives and lawyers, but all you do is run around and bust skulls. Plus it's chock-full of casual misogyny, which I was hoping they would have grown out of after Yakuza 0 and Yakuza 6. On top of that, the main story is plodding and full of things that feel like sidequests; it's basically a guarantee that any time the story starts to pick up steam, it will come to a dead stop for tertiary nonsense. I enjoy the characters a lot and the writing, when it's firing on all cylinders, is awesome. But more often than not, I'm feeling more like I'm playing Kiwami 1 than Yakuza 0, in terms of quality and pacing.

On the bright side, I finally got around to Vampyr. it feels like someone took the conversation and crew dynamics of Mass Effect 1 and made an entire game out of it. In a game where feeding innocents can give you a boatload of XP, they do a great job of fleshing out each NPC and giving them sympathetic backstories to make you think twice about killing anyone. The one complaint is that the combat is really difficult due to lack of polish, as opposed to mechanical difficulty. I beat Sekiro with relative ease but for the life of me I cannot get down the timing on most of the enemies in this game. I'm still deciding whether that's cool in a retro survival-horror way or frustrating, but it definitely sticks out in my mind. Other than that, though, I've been really loving the characters, especially Jonathan, the player character. Stellar voice acting all-around, and it's making me realize that I'm actually extremely excited about Twin Mirror.

On the side, I've been playing with VR since I've picked up the Rift S. A lot of fun has been had with Tetris Effect, Gnog, To the Top, Beat Saber, and a bunch of other tiny experiences.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still chipping away at Yakuza Kiwami. I was sick with a fever and missed a couple days of work, so I maybe got three more hours in.

I finally found Karaoke (this is my second Yakuza game, the first being Zero), and I’m fucking elated.

Also, Majima is fucking amazing.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brian_: I was just talking to my kid about maybe finding a way to play NFL 2k4 or 2k5. He’s playing Pop Warner football and I thought it would be cool for him to recreate his playbook in-game, but I guess you can’t do that in the current run of Madden games.

I used to LOVE filling a playbook with custom plays. Fucking shame what happened with EA snagging exclusive rights...I haven’t purchased a football game since...

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've been watching my roommate play Stardew Valley on the X1. I had it for a while on PC and started it a few weeks ago. It's relaxing to watch. Went back to it last night myself and played through an entire in-game season.

fauxical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been taking advantage of Game Pass recently and I am about halfway through (I think) Gears of War 4. So far I think the shooting is fun and it looks great running on a Xbox One X but I don't find myself enjoying it the same way I did with the first three. I haven't been following or have seen much of the upcoming 5th one but hopefully it brings some new and cool ideas to the table.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I finally finished The Surge and that was a lot of fun. I even went back through some areas to finish some "sidequests" and get some achievements.

Next on the list of games I want to play is CONTROL which is coming out real soon. Hey @facelessvixen if you still have that code I'll gladly take it off your hands!

I'm hoping it's going to be good because Remedy has been kinda weird with their stuff - I never really tried Quantum Break but something about it absolutely didn't interest me.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just picked up Star Trek Bridge Crew. It's nerdy as fuck and I love it. The VR looks crisp, the voice recognition is pretty accurate (except when my AI crew decided to dump a bunch of ammo on the Kobayashi Maru instead of approaching it...), and the control panels just feel cool to use.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bane

I missed out on the Halo series. It's always been a pretty big gap on my gaming record. I was looking for something to play and decided to try The Master Chief Collection on Game Pass.

I played through Halo 1-3. They aren't good. Maybe they were 12+ years ago, but not now. They feel like Bungie didn't even bother to try balancing them. There are way too many situations with too many enemies, and too many ways to be one-hit killed. Or maybe game design has changed since then. Or maybe I'm just getting too old for that shit.

Then I wondered why I was playing them and the answer was: the story. That's all I really cared about.

So I played Halo 4 on easy and it was awesome. It has more story beats, better level design, fun weapons, and it was the first Halo that felt like a modern game. It's peak Halo in my opinion.

Halo 5 is also on Game Pass so I played that too. I think it's mechanically superior to 4, but the story isn't as good. I somehow missed a key event when Fireteam Osiris' mission changed from apprehend to rescue which muddled the back half of the story a bit.

I'll probably get around to ODST and Reach later. Maybe after Reach is added to the MCC later this year.

Overall I'm glad I filled in that gap.

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Currently making my way through Divinity Original Sin EE for the very first time and not really enjoying it all that much. The game lacks direction and it's really off-putting.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to learn Tekken 7 and replaying Wolfenstein: The New Order. What I'm realizing is that while The New Colossus definitely had the more memorable story beats, The New Order had more memorable combat scenarios. Also for some reason, I started playing FFXIV, so we'll see how that goes.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Just finished 'A Pixel Story'. It's a 2d puzzleplatformer that mostly revolves around a mechanic where you get to transport to the position of your hat with a button press. The overall game is not too hard, but some of the challenge rooms had me hooked for hours. This game is all about pixel perfect jumps, well timed hat-teleportations, carrying momentum from one spot to another & such. Lategame, you get to 'record' the actions of 2 clones to use 3 characters in total for the bigger puzzles.

I quite enjoyed it, for the price i paid (1$). That said, the presentation, story & music were all fairly weak. However, they do update the graphics a bit throughout the game to give you the idea that you're traveling between different generations of pixel art.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gundato

@rodent: D:OS has bursts of brilliance followed by aimless wandering and side quests. Good if you want more taste of the world, not so much if you are prone to forgetting why you are doing things. As much as I enjoy D:OS it has the same problems Divine Divinity (which I also really liked) did in that they have a few really solid dialogue oriented quests but have to wrap it in a proper CRPG (ARPG back then).

---

As for me: Finally finished Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm over the weekend. Not sure why it took me the better part of a decade to play it,but I really had fun.

... then I started the Protoss campaign and I remembered how much I hate playing as Protoss. Pretty sure I'll just wiki the starcraft 2 story if I decide I care enough to know how it ended (signs point to "no")

Also been playing Amid Evil after falling in love with Dusk. Guns/spells are pretty lame and the soundtrack is nowhere near as good as Dusk, but it still has some great rooms and battles.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been putting off finishing Judgment because I genuinely dislike how the central mystery is playing out, in terms of the way it gets unraveled. The main characters are detectives and lawyers, but all you do is run around and bust skulls. Plus it's chock-full of casual misogyny, which I was hoping they would have grown out of after Yakuza 0 and Yakuza 6. On top of that, the main story is plodding and full of things that feel like sidequests; it's basically a guarantee that any time the story starts to pick up steam, it will come to a dead stop for tertiary nonsense. I enjoy the characters a lot and the writing, when it's firing on all cylinders, is awesome. But more often than not, I'm feeling more like I'm playing Kiwami 1 than Yakuza 0, in terms of quality and pacing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one in regards to Judgment. I absolutely adore the Yakuza series but I still haven't finished Judgment - it's just not drawing me in at all. As the main story progresses I'm just losing more and more interest. I guess I was expecting a more detective/mystery style game. The tailing missions don't help, every time I get one of them I just groan.

As for what I'm playing - I started up Prey (2017) again, only played it for about 5 hours last time. I'm still not super sold on the combat, but damn I love the setting and exploring.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Shindig

Splinter Cell. Boy, that game is rigid. I wish I'd kept my old save because going back through is slow going.

Especially when checkpoints don't actually mean you start there after failure. Screw it.

Vegeta187x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing a lot of "The Evil Within 2." Game is pretty great. Never played the original, but the sequel is a fun, haunted house of a game. Feels like a really messed up "Fringe" episode.

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JoeDangerous

@vegeta187x: That's great to hear. I loved Evil Within 1 and 2, more so 2, so it's neat to hear people get to its weird town and fun monster designs.

God I feel weird saying these games I'm playing. For some reason I got hooked back into playing Final Fantasy XI after a decade hiatus. Feels like a wonderland of nostalgia and activities I can finally do thanks to its solo-friendly improvements (almost everything can be solo'd now thanks to Trusts). In between that I'm playing Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp because all of my recent game purchases have made me uber disappointed and Pocket Camp has been a nice chill experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I just finished a second playthrough of Sleeping Dogs. I'd like to mop up some of the unfinished achievements, but I'm mostly ready to move on.

At this point I need to finally make my way through the Mortal Kombat 11 story. I've also poked here and there at The Division 2, but I am not all that compelled by it.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started playing Terraria again. I haven't played since launch where I beat it when there wasn't nearly as much content as there is now. I am making a nice looking house that is taking way too long when I've been ready to start hardmode for like 10 hours already but I'm still having fun designing it.

Avatar image for soimadeanaccount
soimadeanaccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally got around to Yakuza 0, somewhat mixed feelings with it so far.